Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Purpose Post.. Cars And Women

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Dual Purpose Post.. Cars And Women

First.. the woman.. since that is what is on my mind. Another update... when I thought things were going pretty well.. the other shoe drops. She is very much in love with who she has, "contimplating spending the rest of their lives together". I have requested a moment of her time to chit chat a little... and find out if she knows he is the one. Everything happens for a reason, and the two of us meeting is a test for her to see if he is the one, or if she should move on. Crazy.. I really had a good feeling about this one. Water under the bridge I guess.

So.. the car. My head gasket issue is getting a little worse... it is draining a good amount of coolant now. I'm gonna garage it at the end of the month and begin the teardown to see what happened. Today, I did notice something a little strange. I got more backpressure, or flame pops from the exhaust. The car was running a bit hotter than usual, most likely from the large air pocket in the system.

My question, going off what was happening above... Will the factory Motronics pull back timing when the car is over temp? This would cause it to run cooler.. so it makes sense. It also explains the exhaust popping.

TIA!
Old 11-11-2003, 02:45 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Perry, women will leave you apoplectic. Which is why I just gave up altogether. I fought the good fight, but now I just spend my money on myself because I appreciate it a hell of a lot more. When women say "they cant find a good one" they really mean "I dont want a good one." And to that I say, "I can see to that!"
Old 11-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hear ya.. I've been dropped from the highest of highs before... I'm just confused since I carried this very strange (yet good) feeling about this girl since the day I met her.

Perhaps the time is not right, and she needs to find out for herself. Life is long.. and if it is to be, it will be at some point. All I can do is bow out, get my groove back, enjoy my days, and hope she'll come back around.

Any ideas on the Motronics??
Old 11-11-2003, 02:53 PM
FSTPRSH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by UDPride
When women say "they cant find a good one" they really mean "I dont want a good one."
Probably the best sum up of the female psyche I've heard in awhile. Three cheers.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

On the Motronics. The DME engine temp sesor will tell the DME what the coolant temp is, to allow it to adjust timing/fuel.

On the women. I got dumped (by my wife), found a couple of "good ones" got dumped. Stopped looking, found "the one".
Old 11-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Chris.. pretty good. FWIW Not all women are like that..

A lot of women who like the bad boys- get used to the BS.
They dont know how to respond, react or grow with a nice guy. or even how to go about finding one. It's NOT gonna be at Sturgis buddy... and I know a lot of nice bikers, but I wouldnt date one.
I watched Average Joe last night and I'm inclined to agree that what women say- and what women do are 2 totally different things. I REITERATE "Not all women are like that.. "

Maybe it's the type of women YOU are attracted to, perhaps vice versa.

BTW- Brian- I thought she was cute- eye candy yes. Keep looking buddy and find someone who appreciates you for you.

I cant help you on the Motronic issue- just the Moronic ones.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:10 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

No ideas on the Motronics.

Ive had a thing for a girl for two years myself and she teases me to the point of utter aggravation. One moment you think you are "in", and the next shes telling you about how she needs to get ready for a hot date with some dude. Gee, since Im just a casual friend, do you confide in all your casual friends as you do me then? The aggravating part is how women treat all their male friends like their boyfriend so you think you got one thing when in fact really you just need to take a number because you are one of many on her list while shes the only one on yours. But I disgress.

I salute you brother. I may fight the good fight again later, but right now Im taking my future kids out of the hollowed-out female gene pool I find myself swimming in.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Oh I hear you. I was DONE with it. I was sure that I would not find anyone worth the time. But, that is usually when you "stumble" on the one that changes you whole tune. If I was single now, there is no way in H&LL that I'd be out trying to find a date, meet women, and look for a relationship. The best thing to do is focus on what you want out of life other than female companionship, have fun, and the rest will fall in place.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Chris's Loss
Instructor

Default sorry...going OT here.

Don't give up her, Brian. If she's the one, she'll come around. You have a lot to offer any woman and any young woman would be lucky to end up with a great guy like you.

Originally posted by UDPride
Perry, women will leave you apoplectic. Which is why I just gave up altogether. I fought the good fight, but now I just spend my money on myself because I appreciate it a hell of a lot more. When women say "they cant find a good one" they really mean "I dont want a good one." And to that I say, "I can see to that!"
My Chris was right in saying "A lot of women who like the bad boys- get used to the BS. They dont know how to respond, react or grow with a nice guy. or even how to go about finding one."

He knows it firsthad from my experience. My ex husband wasn't a "bad boy" in today's slang terms, but he for sure doesn't wear a halo. I lost hearing in one ear for 2 weeks one time when he hit me hard, I've had cracked ribs, and I couldn't begin to count the bruises I've had from his hand.

I wanted a "good one" but didn't have that. But for some weird reason, those of us who have gone through this sort of thing have a hard time leaving it behind. We get brainwashed to believe that we can't live without them so we stay and we stay and we stay.... and unfortunately sometimes until it's too late.

Finally divorced now for 2 years, I appreciate Chris more every day. Every penny he spends on me is worth more to me than I ever imagined I could, and the time we have doing even stupid stuff far exceeds any time I ever had with my ex. And for how to react and respond to a nice guy - it takes a while when you're used to having someone shrug at your touch. It takes time to develop a relationship.

So UDPride...give us chance. Don't give up on all of us. You might find the right one when you least expect it.

Sorry for hijacking Brian...

Old 11-11-2003, 05:25 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey guys, read this. The Ladder Theory
Old 11-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Looks like chris found a good women to be with. Smart and nice. Any women that posts on rennlist is grade A in my book! you guys sound like a great couple, I'm happy for you. Wish i could have success like that with womoen.
~Eyal
Old 11-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Kevin Baker
I was sure that I would not find anyone worth the time. But, that is usually when you "stumble" on the one that changes you whole tune.
I believe in fate, god made someone just for me, and when I am ready, we will find each other. The odd thing about this one was that when I stopped looking, when I could care less, when I was at rest with my past relationships, she appeared at the last place I would look... work. We don't work together, hell, it's hard to even sneak over to see her, so it seemed right. The first time I saw her, I felt that she was someone very very special, she knocked me off my feet. (something that has never happened.... I'm usually pretty sure footed and in control) I would regret everything I know to be true if I did not take the chance to find out.

Unfortuantely, she's very happy where she is. She does not feel the same way as I do, and I respect that. I'm not going to confuse the issue with her any more, and I am going to let her live the life she wants. If she found the one made for her, nothing I can do will change it. If he is not the one, eventually they will fall out of love, and I hope she remembers the connection we had.

Patti - thanks for the very kind words. I like to think that the one for me will be found somday, and you can bet I will make her feel like she is the only one on earth.

There is nothing for me to do at this point but to move on, live life, and wait for the day when my soul mate pops into my life.... when I am ready... and when she is ready.

It's a damn good thing I did not have a chance to really get to know this girl... this could be an ugly situation!!! A crush is easy to move on from.... the alternative is not so simple.

Kevin, thanks for confirming my thoughts on the Motronics. I really need to go stand alone this winter so I can deal with some of my tuning issues.....
Old 11-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Patti, sorry to hear about your past (ex husband). My wife's first husband was abusive as well. It must be difficult, I know she had a hard time opening up at first and trusting. I really have a hard time with it sometimes, because I am not the most even tempered person. I would never hit her, but she really gets freaked when I raise my voice. Glad to hear you are past that part of your life. Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pete: Excellent link.... Found what happened here!!!

Scenario 2: Tom meets Jane. She's cute and seems smart. After an appropriate amount of time he asks her out on a date. She acccepts and they have what seems to be a perfectly nice date. Tom thinks he has a chance with Jane. He asks her out again. She says no, either explicitly or by never returning his phone call. Tom has no idea what the Hell just happened. Jane starts ****ing an unemployed alcoholic.

Ladder Theory Explanation: Jane misrepresented which ladder Tom was on. He thought he was on the good ladder because of her acceptance of the date. Mistake. This led to an unintentional ladder jump. He was kicked into the Abyss. In this situation, Jane often wants to stay friends becasue you are so interesting and funny or some **** like that. If this happens you are most likely an Intellectual *****. I'm sorry. This is most likely to be a ninja-bitch.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:01 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Brian, Glad you liked it. I think I got it from your good buddy Dan P.

Quick Reply: Dual Purpose Post.. Cars And Women