Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Purpose Post.. Cars And Women

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

My attitude is getting to be like UD Pride's myself. If there were more women in the world like Patti, I would probably be more enthused about meeting some of them. Girls like Patti would never blow a gasket and start draining us, cutting us off and causing more back pressure, causing us to run hotter than usual. Maybe this wasn't a dual purpose post after all..........
Old 11-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

We could always take this thread to an open ended rant. Feel free to blow off some steam folks....

I have met some very wonderful people in my life... and although they are not for me... it keeps my hope alive. If the ones I have found so far have made me feel as good as they have, I can only imagine what the right one will do.

Time is my only enemy.... the wait is very painful.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:34 PM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

pete that article rocked ! lol
Old 11-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Sorry, like most of my posts, the previous one was a feeble attempt at humor (in an otherwise serious setting) and upon reading it back, it didn't hit the mark. And Brian, that is a very eloquent way to describe things, "If the ones I have found so far have made me feel as good as they have, I can only imagine what the right one will do." A true optimist's philosophy and I can relate to that, with a few exceptions. There is a song in there somewhere, mind if I plagiarize? I, too, have met someone in the last couple of weeks that has given me hope for something a little bit more. And Chris, she's got this friend..........

P.S.- Sorry Patti and Chris, we may have to postpone the tour for a while.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:55 PM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok wow.. You guys are way off base when it comes to women. That's alright, I've been there too. Here's a bit of advice for you, but this is by no means complete. I've studied the driving forces behind attraction for the past year and I've vowed to get this area of my life handled for once and for all. Any of you who've chosen a similar path may find fimilarity in the words I'll write here, most of this was inspired from David DeAngelo ( www.doubleyourdating.com ). If any of this makes sense, then I'd advise signing up for his free newsletter through the above site. (Note: I have no affilation with this guy or his products, but his advice is just pure gold)

First things first, attraction is not a choice. There's nothing you can say or do to convince a woman to like you. If you talk to a woman long enough for her to get an idea in her head of who you are and she doesn't feel attraction, then no amount of begging, pleading or anything will convince her to feel something for you. There's nothing you can do about it.

However, if you talk to her and in those first few moments she feels attraction, then no amount of talking, pleading or anything will convince her NOT to feel attraction. If she feels attraction after she meets you, there is nothing she can do about it.

With that said, what is it that women ARE attracted to? Is it the jerk, the bad-boy, the *******? What is it all these types of men have in common, and what it is about the "nice guys" that women find so unattractive?
First, I'll describe what is NOT attractive. Women are attracted to MEN. What we see as being a "nice guy", women see as a man they can control. Think about it, when you walk up to a woman and say something like "I really like you, can we please go out?", then you've already given away all your power. She's won the game, she knows that she can get you to do anything you want her to do. When it comes to dating, what women say they want and what women really go after are two different things. Women want a man who "gets it" and is sensitive, caring, and thoughtful on top of that.
In the past year, its become very obvious to me that women are BIOLOGICALLY PROGRAMMED to be submissive. Women have a NEED to be dominated. This does not mean that one should act like a controlling jerk all the time, but it's better to be a controlling jerk than a pushover. From what I've learned, the game of attraction is one of power. Women are attracted to men with more power than them. Be it in the form of money, fame, cars (ok, who's whored out the P-car? Be honest ;-) ), or whatever. But as I've come to learn, material things are not even close to as important as the appearance of power. A self-made millionare will have more women than the guy who inherits the money. But this doesn't mean you need to have a million dollars in the bank, all you need is the appearance of higher power/higher value to be attractive.

If theres any interest in this, I'll give some more advice under the off-topic forum. However, my skill with presenting this over the internet isn't as good as some of the places I've recommended. If you're at all serious about changing your "luck" with women then you need to do something about it. Wishing you where more skilled will not do anything for you.

Here are some incredible resources:
http://www.doubleyourdating.com/ - Check out the newsletter, amazing advice
http://www.fastseduction.com/youarenew/ - This isn't the first time I've recommended this site. This site is geared more towards the end goal of being able to attract any woman anywhere, but the advice is invaluable no matter what your goals in the "dating" game.
http://www.highstatusmale.com/ - This is another site like DYD above, the e-book on here is pretty good, but I haven't read the whole thing yet.

If you don't like something about your life then do something about it.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wade... no need to retract.

Nick... I am a believer that I should not need to change myself to get what I want. I agree on the power struggle, along with many other things.... and it really does apply to my case. I lost all control over this girl, she had the upper hand before I even said hello.

I am sure if I did the hard to get game, took months and months, she may see me in a different light. I HATE HEAD GAMES, and I will not play them. My 26 years have been filled with chasing the un-attainable... and sometimes, I win, sometimes I lose, but I always feel it is not right because it is not me who's in the game. I've always been the one on the bench, telling the coach a better way of doing things.

I presented my true self to this girl, and be it that she has a man, be it that she is not looking, or be it that she does not find me appealing in one way or another, tough. I'm not going to change the person I am just to get the one that I cannot have. The one for me will never make me question, never make me wait, and never make me feel like I need to do something that is not my style.

Old 11-11-2003, 09:56 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

My new policy on women is, "show me the lovey".

Its not about what I can do for you anymore. Ive established that in the past with my prior attempts at courtship of other women. My record on courtship is a strong one. Today, I tell the woman, "no no no, you have it all wrong. What can you do for ME?" Dont want to buy me dinner? Think Im not worth $25 and a chance? Welp, I guess you dont want the real deal bad enough then. If you want Nakamichi, you arent going to be allowed to pay a Daewoo price. My big beef with the female species is that selfishness that persists. They want everything yet reciprocate nothing.

Which is why I moved on to Porsches and frisbee with the dog. And Im quite content with it really!!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote by "The Wade-iac"
"If there were more women in the world like Patti, I would probably be more enthused about meeting some of them. Girls like Patti would never blow a gasket and start draining us''

careful there buddy.... this is how posts end up in the abyss. j/k of course.

It is true though. More women who are genuine with fewer genuine drafts.. and find one who can tell you that your FPR is screwy.

< ANOTHER THREAD HIJACKING IN PROGRESS>
Wade- no tour? huh? I've been saving pennies to get back to Ohio to kick this damn thing off! We just got the signs made for the Winnie- and they are Suh-Weeet!! "Official Tour Bus" stencils... aluminum foil for the windows (Thanks for the idea, Elvis)- Custom made "If the Winnie's rockin.." bumper stickers.. Satellite TV and Frozen Pizza's.. LOTS of toilet paper for those "burrito" nights..
We had planned on all getting matching "I helped Wade" tatoos on our butts
Stickers and Fridge Magnets- baloons for the children during the hot dog roasts. Combs, rulers and pencils for the old guys.
The Logo was to be an airbrushed woman with a bellybutton valvestem sporting a WADEIAC crop top - you would have loved it.

and no Harry- you cant get your refund back on the tattoo yet- I'll have to find some way of covering mine up...

<YOU CAN RESUME NORMAL POSTING. RETURN YOU TRAYS TO THIER UPRIGHT POSIOTION>
Old 11-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting sites Nick, thanks.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:48 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Perry 951
I'm not going to change the person I am just to get the one that I cannot have. The one for me will never make me question, never make me wait, and never make me feel like I need to do something that is not my style.
I fully agree, however what I think Nick was trying to point out is that when you like someone a lot for the first time, it can affect some of us to the point where we're not entirely ourselves, and you can blow your real chances by coming across as someone whom you're really not, at either end of the submissive/aggressive spectrum.

Ever notice how the guy with the incredible looking gf treats her like she's not all that? At some point he was just as impressed by her as you. After the initial impressions, you get back to being your assertive self again and what matters most is how well you get along.

The tough part is being yourself from the start, when you can't think straight from how much you like a person. At least it is for me, and that's when I need to concentrate on the "do's and don'ts" that Nick mentioned.

Good luck with her, I still think your chances are good.

Last edited by Luis de Prat; 11-12-2003 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally posted by Perry 951
I believe in fate, god made someone just for me, and when I am ready, we will find each other. The odd thing about this one was that when I stopped looking, when I could care less, when I was at rest with my past relationships, she appeared at the last place I would look... work. We don't work together, hell, it's hard to even sneak over to see her, so it seemed right. The first time I saw her, I felt that she was someone very very special, she knocked me off my feet. (something that has never happened.... I'm usually pretty sure footed and in control) I would regret everything I know to be true if I did not take the chance to find out.

Unfortuantely, she's very happy where she is. She does not feel the same way as I do, and I respect that. I'm not going to confuse the issue with her any more, and I am going to let her live the life she wants. If she found the one made for her, nothing I can do will change it. If he is not the one, eventually they will fall out of love, and I hope she remembers the connection we had.

Patti - thanks for the very kind words. I like to think that the one for me will be found somday, and you can bet I will make her feel like she is the only one on earth.

There is nothing for me to do at this point but to move on, live life, and wait for the day when my soul mate pops into my life.... when I am ready... and when she is ready.

It's a damn good thing I did not have a chance to really get to know this girl... this could be an ugly situation!!! A crush is easy to move on from.... the alternative is not so simple.

Kevin, thanks for confirming my thoughts on the Motronics. I really need to go stand alone this winter so I can deal with some of my tuning issues.....
Geez this sure is the year for relationships... First my buddy, then me, now Perry. Unbelievable. Just keep that chin up and you will find someone. I believe in fate as well and I know that special someone is out there for me as well!
Old 11-12-2003, 01:11 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Louis... you are dead right.

Dan.... the list gets longer and longer each day. Tiz a bad year indeed!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:15 AM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha, this is funny! I was checking out the "ladder theory" site and got to the part about avoiding the friends ladder "by declaring as soon as possible to a girl that you will not be friends under any circumstances." I had to laugh because I remember reading Perry's original post back when and I wanted to reply but I got all tripped up and just deleted the reply. But that is just what I wanted to say.

Here's what I wanted to post that day:

When I was in college, I had lots of "friends", very frustrating. Never happened at home. Right after college I got on a real lucky streak, was dating (and scoring with) a number of girls. Then I met one (blind date, I was really on a roll) that really didn't turn me on but hell, the more the merrier.

After 2 nice, "friendly" dates, we were talking about going camping and I remembered some advice my older brother gave me once, and said straight out: "I like you just fine, but I'm not going camping with a girl unless I'm screwing her." Well, she thought that over and I was on the right ladder that night. One thing lead the another and I haven't been able to shake her since. 23 years.

Moral: men are pigs and women love 'em. Even smart pretty women with other boyfriends.

For what it's worth, be straight with the chick. Tell her you want to get on the screwing ladder or you'll take the abyss-dive! Maybe you'll make her day. Maybe you'll get lucky!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:36 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

guys.. i think this means we really need to start the get wade laid tour a bit early (more like get all of us..). one of these nights when chris is in ohio, we need to all get together and have a guys night out, and hit the bars.

i was engaged a few years ago, and truley thought she was the one, but litterally, out of nowhere, things went sour and the rest is history. since then i havent dated much, and have looked to make myself happy, and to live my life. some of the things she, and most of the women ive dated, really made me see how most women really are. there are some really good ones out there, but they are few and far between. hopfully one of these days ill find one of the good ones.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:59 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be a free agent by January. Maybe I could join "The Tour" too if I can spare the time. I plan to get the S2 whipped into shape before 944 Fest '04.

Quick Reply: Dual Purpose Post.. Cars And Women