Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I bought an Ebay turbo kit for Wilson

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 10:05 PM
Noahs944
Race Car

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts
Default So I bought an Ebay turbo kit for Wilson

Item Note:

Package comes with Everything shown from the picture above (color may vary on some items)

NOTE: This is a universal Kit. This Kit Will add 50-70+hp at 7 psi.You will need Turbo Manifold to complete the Turbo Kit Project!

Item Detail:
100% Brand New Kit, High Quality, Never Been Used or Installed!!

The packages Includes:

1 x T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo Charger: 100% Brand New T3/T4 Hybrid Turbocharger! High Quality Guaranteed! This turbo can easily do 25 PSI, and 500+ hp on b series swaps, standard t3/t4 flange, perfect for any 4-6 cylinder applications. Power performance output capability = 25-35 psi. Cnc machined flanges. High quality t04e with a forged turbine propeller wheel!

Turbo Specification:
-Inlet Diameter: 3"
-Outlet Diameter: 2"
-Oil Inlet: 1/8 NPT
-Compressor Wheel: .57 Trim
-A/R Compressor: .50 A/R
-A/R Turbine: .63 A/R

Turbine wheel:
-Exducer: 2.48"
-Mayor: 2.89"

Compressor wheel:
-Exducer: 2.07"
-Mayor: 2.36"

1 x Intercooler: Light Weight. Size 27'' x 7'' x 2.5'' inch. Inlet size is 2.5 inch.
Support up to 350 hp for this small intercooler size - tube and fin style .

1 x Universal turbo intercooler piping kit: Made of 6061 aluminum.
2.5 inch diameter piping kit with high quality silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps.
The couplers will not split easily + the clamps will not strip like the cheap kind.
Strong & tighter fitting use hair spray between the pipe and coupler.
Mandrel bend for high flow and high horse power and better turbo response power.

1 x Type-S Blow Off Valve: Brand New, Light Weight, High Quality CNC Billet Aluminum Type S Style Blow off Valve and 2.5" Inch Type S/Rs Flange Pipe. Easy Mount Piping Set Included For Bolt-On. Including all necessary hardwares. Our Blow Off Valves Are easily adjustable to prevent both permature boost leakage and compressor surge. Fast Fesponse One For Low And High Boost Pressure. 25PSi Boost! Can hold up to 1000+ HP.

1 x 35/38MM Wastegate: Brand New, High Quality 35/38mm External Waste Gate Kit. The Waste Gate is in accurate boost control and high quality appearance features Dual port design, accurate boost, ultra durable diagram (diaphram). It comes with waste gate spring (fully adjustable, up to 15 psi), allow you to add the spring to get desired high psi.

1 x Turbo Boost Gauge: 2" (52mm) Turbo Boost Meter Gauge. Comes with All the Wiring Necessary for Installation。All Accessories are Included for Installation.

1 x Turbo Boost Controller: Brand New, Light Weight, High Quality CNC Billet Aluminum Manual Turbo Boost Controller. Adjustable boost **** increases horsepower and torque, depends on boost level. Allows adjustable boost PSI setting, can be easily mount under the hood.

PSI Level:
Up To 30 PSi Boost

1 x Turbo Oil Return / Feeding Line Kit: Brand New, Light Weight, High Quality Turbo Oil Feed + Return Drain Line Kit Combo. It helps circulate oil from the turbo charger to the oil pan. The kit provides a anodized look, and gives a best cooling performance on your turbo and long lasting life.

Material: Stainless Steel Braided

5 Blot Turbo Downpie Flange:
Made of High Quality Mild Steel Durable Material Construction Prevents Warping Due To High Heat, Easy to weld on any S/S Pipe.

4 Bolt Flange:
Made of High Quality Mild Steel Durable Material
Construction Prevents Warping Due To High Heat
4-Bolt Rectangular Shape
0.50” Thickness Flange
Fits T3 2.50" X 2.00" Turbo/ Turbocharger Flange.

Installation: Instruction is Not Included, Professional Installation is highly recommended.

Package Include:

1x T3/T4 Turbocharger

1x Oil Feed Line

1x Oil Return Line

1x 35/38mm Wastegate

1x 5 Bolt Turbo Downpipe Flange

1x Turbo Boost Gauge

1x 4 Bolt Manifold Flange

1x Turbo Intercooler

1x Tubo Boost Controller

1x Type-S Blow Off Valve

1x 12 pcs Turbo Piping Kit

Application:

Universal Fit Most Gasoline Car Models (Modification Require!!!!)

-------------

Down the road I'll install 951 pistons and Rods. In the meantime, any suggestions for controlling boost and injection is appreciated for my 1988 944 LUX. This is new terrain for me...
Old 01-27-2017, 10:14 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant wait
Old 01-27-2017, 10:20 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

Old 01-27-2017, 11:18 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

Your making it too easy for Lart
Old 01-27-2017, 11:20 PM
Noahs944
Race Car

Turbo using Nitrous simple technology:

One idea I had is control boost like a Nitrous Oxide set up (using a programable rpm "window switch") to weld an 5th injector bung into the intake manifold after the TB and run a separate wiring control circuit with a button on the steering wheel that controls the waste gate & the 5th injector, in an effort to bypass the ecm. So NA until 3,000 to 6,000 rpm (or whatever I program) and then boost only when the switch is closed. Would it work?
Old 01-27-2017, 11:34 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Please please please get a real turbo...the rest of the parts are probably fine since they won't fill your engine with shrapnel if they grenade. eBay turbos are low quality all around will leak oil into the intake after a few months at best.

Also the wastegate. It might hold up but it's sort of an important part.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:51 PM
Noahs944
Race Car

Would a better quality version of a T3/T4 be the same measurement? Like, could I use this as a mock up for the piping Michael?
Old 01-28-2017, 12:50 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just run the turbo. watch over it and pull it if you notice/hear something bad. most important part is the wastegate i would get a decent one but otherwise have fun

Last edited by carlege; 01-28-2017 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:09 AM
Noahs944
Race Car

Thanks Carlege, I might just do that.

I'll be running super low boost for the first while & try to iron the wrinkles out before installing forged internal components.

Standalone is the way I should go, but... due to budgetary confinements I have a question:

(for this part of the discussion, please disregard the aspect of "QUALITY" for the components used... just consider we have a turbine and a 8 valve 944 n/a with 10.2:1 cr)

General Question:
-What is a good Air Fuel Ratio to have when under boost?

Specific Question:
-How much horsepower can the stock injectors n/a handle when using the 02 sensor to tell the dme the mixture?
-Is it ok to increase injector size using the stock dme? If so, are there recommendations? Target horsepower 225 rwp.
(I think my brakes can handle this and my suspension upgrades & transmission upgrade should handle it also.)
Possible?

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:27 AM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Noah I sincerely think that trying to use stock parts is false economy. There are TONS of injectors and tuning options available for cheap. A standalone is obviously ideal but if you want to keep it stupid cheap, get some basic long-style Bosch injectors that are good for 40# or so and tune for 12:1 in boost.

There's really no shortcut here...you need a wideband at the absolute minimum.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Noahs944
Race Car

Thanks Michael! I wish I had your tuning aptitude and knowledge!

Found this an interesting consideration: http://minimopar.net/perf/injectors-...rt-switch.html
When combined with something like this:
https://www.holley.com/products/nitr...parts/15982NOS

Just brainstorming here...
Old 01-28-2017, 08:55 AM
marc abrams
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Noah, some interesting read here:
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/index.html
The Turbo Database section
Just be aware turbo mopars are 8 to 1 compression.
Noah, instead of going crazy turbocharging your 944, consider a 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby in addition to the 944. Probably the most underrated performance car ever made. My car with just a stage ll Mopar performance SMEC (14 psi, more timing), PT cruiser lifters, and exhaust ate a Cadillac Escalade and L98 Corvette. Other than the head gasket which can be done in under a hour, the engines and transmissions are extremely strong on those cars.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:59 AM
924srr27l
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Noahs944
So I bought an Ebay Turbo Kit for Wilson!

Down the road I'll install 951 pistons and Rods. In the meantime, any suggestions for controlling boost and injection is appreciated for my 1988 944 LUX. This is new terrain for me...
Oh dear...you've wandered off to the "Dark Side"

There's no turning back now, (unless your do the decent thing and stick it back on ebay, and buy a 944 turbo!)

Things will never be the same from here on in........

You'll have plenty of drama, issues, constant tinkering, etc..but then I think that's what you and many others like so Go for your Life!

R
Old 01-28-2017, 09:17 AM
MistaX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Noahs944
Specific Question:
-How much horsepower can the stock injectors n/a handle when using the 02 sensor to tell the dme the mixture?
-Is it ok to increase injector size using the stock dme? If so, are there recommendations? Target horsepower 225 rwp.
Thanks.
#1: Forget using the factory 02. What you need is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and turn up the pressure so the injectors simply squirt more fuel, and use a wideband to get it right. The DME is NOT going to compensate on it's own for what you're doing. You need to manually compensate. That said, 24lb injectors are pretty stout, and should be good for 250ish.

#2 Yes but it's a bad idea. You can do it with an adjustable regulator and messing with pressure.

Your plan is bad, honestly. You will need to tune the DME to drive the car, no matter what. Callaway got around this by using another injector on it's own controller (Callaway Microfueler, if you want to look it up) straight in their intake. Check this page. Their way is ancient and there's better ways to do this now.

On top of that I think the stock CR is too high to get any kind of longevity out of a turbo set up. If you scoop some dished pistons... then it's safe.

Last edited by MistaX; 01-28-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Ish_944
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It can be done but you need to cough up the money for a proper ECU _and_ tuning!

https://www.augmentautomotive.co.uk/...harged-engine/

Quick Reply: So I bought an Ebay turbo kit for Wilson