Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So sick of people

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 11:06 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had anyone spit on my car that I know of. But someone did scribe the word ******* across my hood one day.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:48 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was out driving my dads 951 a few years ago a parkinglot and some guy in his high and mighty SUV spit on it as I was driving! Out of nowhere. Needless to say I was "somewhat" pissed off. There was 5 of them so I didn't insitage anything, but when they went into their restaurant I spat back on their car. A good one too
Old 10-18-2003, 11:57 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I may jinx myself but, I have never had any of these things happen, unless you count my 87 951 being stolen, joyridden and totaled..
That might count

However, people on the roads tend not to be very courteous to a Porsche driver.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:15 AM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

i'm a person with a short fuse, especially if someone messes with my car. i consider myself a very generous and polite person with proper up bringing.
don't let me catch anyone messin' with my hard earned, well kept, car.
if they have a car and they dinged mine, well i will taco in their door. if they don' have a car, pray that they can out run a 951. what report it to the police, what will they do? nothing door ding? report it to the ins. then what rates go up. i'd rather take my frustrations out on the person who did it. then hopefully someone as inconsiderate would see it and think twice on messing with my or anyone's ride.
sorry for being bitter, but when ppl mess with other ppl property, it's an A$$whoopin. it's not our fault that we worked hard and deserve to get a nice ride, or is it.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:21 AM
TampaBay951
Instructor

I have had people flick their cigarette butts at me as they drive by. Not too long ago two rednecks in a pickup sped up to pass me then slowedwdown really slow in front of me. I passed them when I was able to. They then speed up and rode my bumper. I eventually floored it and left them. They caught back up to me because of traffic and followed me wherever I went. I pulled into a turning lane and at the last moment pulled back out of it.They weren't able to get back over because the light was red and traffic had already backed up. as they pulled up beside me to turn they started yelling a**hole and mothef***er at me. Idiots. I was minding my own business when they started all this.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:32 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i hear ya there, funny thing happened yesterday, i pulled up beside some girl in a hondu yesterday and was getting ready to pull into a gas station when i guess she thought i was racing and floored it to keep me from passing her....too funny, i just turned into the lot and started laughing.

so far the worst is the damn guys who cut the grass at work, always cut it right after i clean the car and when the windows are down...grass and dirt all flinged up on my hood.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:02 AM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Last weekend me and my son were coming back from the mall on a Sat. night and some kid comes flyin' up next to me in a thunderbird in the right lane and slammed on his brakes then looked over, and kept nailin' it wanting to race, only to get laughed at by my son, and one of those ''you dont want none of this'' looks from me. And since he had gotten some what dissed in front of his girlfriend it had made him mad and he just took off. what would've been really funny would be to downshift and down right smoke him, that would sure make him feel big in front of his girlfreind. But then again that would also be the time that when you pull into the gas station you would come out to find a nice shiny scratch all the way down the side of the car.

Edit,Later: My 15 yr old son wrote this, but it did happen somewhat less dramitically.

Last edited by triscadek; 10-19-2003 at 04:04 AM.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:06 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally posted by xsboost90
so far the worst is the damn guys who cut the grass at work, always cut it right after i clean the car and when the windows are down...grass and dirt all flinged up on my hood.
The landscapers at work are effin evil I tell you! EVIL!
Old 10-19-2003, 03:31 AM
jp944
Pro

I'm sure you could muster up something far more repulsive than spit.

OR

Three words: No Fault State. Bumper pads are cheap. How much is a new door on an SUV?
Old 10-19-2003, 11:52 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Well, I've had one person yell at me for taking up 2 spots at the far end of a parking lot with something like 500 spots in it and about 20 of them having cars in them (I was taking pics and left it there while I did a few other things). He sped up as he yelled as I guess he thought I might whoop up on him if he didn't......sheesh. Otherwise people around here have been pretty nice, but I have had a few people think I was trying to race them on one road around here that has a lane that gets onto the interstate and one that goes through...I'm always going onto the interstate and people think I'm trying to pass them before the road goes to a 2-lane. I could have spanked any of them, but I instead just laugh as they try to prevent me from merging in front of them. I have had quite a few people chat me up for a moment or stop to tell me I have a nice car. This area is pretty much redneck central though and I'm surprised sometimes that more doesn't happen, but then again, except for the badge on the front and the Porsche decal on the rear, I don't think most people around here have a clue as to what it is....

But heaven help the person who injures my car if I know who did it. I might not cave their door in, but there are other very fun things that can be done. I think Csaba Csere (spelling?) from Road and Track listed a great bunch of wonderful things that can be done to offending cars. Super glue in door locks and under windshield wipers....all kinds of fun things....although if I didn't have the time, I certainly wouldn't have any problem with doing what a friend of mine did to a car after the person slammed the door into his car with him still in it and they went into the store. When his friend came out of the store, he got out, went to the side of his car that got hit, braced himself against it and completely caved in the side of their door with his foot in one swift kick. Then they got back in and left.....personally I think the other things are much more fun though as they don't get you nearly as much attention from others in the parking lot and often they require much more effort and time on the part of the person getting the joke pulled on them in order to deal with it. Just wait till it starts to rain and they turn on the wipers and the motor just grunts or it rips their wiper blades apart....hehehe Long since and too far back to know exactly who did it then.... Well, super glue in the door locks and caltrops placed under the tires might be pretty obvious.....darn...I'd almost like to get a video camera and come back in a different car to videotape and put the excitement on the Internet! muhahahahahahaha Imagine the humiliation that several million people laughing at you all over the world would cause.....
Old 10-20-2003, 12:14 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

you know what they say....dont get pissed!GET EVEN!
Old 10-20-2003, 12:23 AM
led
Three Wheelin'

hmm I think I'm gonna start carrying some epoxy with me...
Old 10-20-2003, 12:23 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

when i was in college i had a mustang that i had been fixing up since i was 15 yrs old. I had just painted the car, only to come out to a small red civic parked up against the rear bumper, just next to the pile of paint that had come off of my bumper....Later that school year, i had purchase a "beater" mustang to drive to school, when i found a spot just in front of that same civic!!! Lets just say, they needed more than just alittle paint touch up.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:20 AM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts

Humans suck. I'd say about 40% of the people on this planet deserve a nice pair of cement shoes.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:27 AM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Lumberg, mmmmkay, I think 40 percent just doesn't cut it. I might be a pessimist, but try 95%. Oh well, screw em. My porsche is safely locked away from harm, and my saab has good bumpers, so bring it.

Quick Reply: So sick of people