Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So sick of people

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003 | 06:54 PM
TampaBay951
Instructor

Angry So sick of people

I am so sick of people messing with my car when I drive places. Just found where someone spit on it. Some people are just plain trash. Seems like someone is always doing something to it. Anyone else have this problem?

Sorry for ranting.
Old 10-18-2003 | 07:07 PM
led
Three Wheelin'

What really pisses me of is when you park in a secluded spot only to come back and find out every single car near you while the rest of the parking spaces are empty. The other day I intentionally parked on 2 spots to avoid door dings and when I came back some asswipe had parked really close, taking up the space I left unoccupied on the right side.
Old 10-18-2003 | 07:08 PM
'88-924S
Racer

Yeah a month or two ago some A hole threw a brick through my rear hatch, took nothing just f-ing up my car. Sad isn't. I am sick of people out there for all of the asinine behavior.
Old 10-18-2003 | 07:19 PM
T.Asay44
Advanced

It used to happen to me almost on a daily basis. I'm a senior in high school, and even though I parallel park my car on the same line with all my buddies who have nice cars, they always have spit on them, glue all over, or gum stuck to them everyday.

Our solution, hide a video camera in the very first car and the very last car on the line with every car in between in view. Word got around pretty quick that the cars were being watched and things stopped very very quickly. Since then, not a single problem.
Old 10-18-2003 | 07:21 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Originally posted by led
The other day I intentionally parked on 2 spots to avoid door dings and when I came back some asswipe had parked really close, taking up the space I left unoccupied on the right side.
Maybe he doesn't like it when people take up two spaces.
Old 10-18-2003 | 07:47 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Had my car keyed one time at the movie theatre. Don't know what pisses me off more, the fact that someone messed with it or how it made it so that now I'm nervous about parking it anywhere...
Also have 2 dents (one each side) from doors being slammed into it. One was put in there 2 days after I had it repainted :-/
Why can't ppl just leave them alone?
Old 10-18-2003 | 08:48 PM
led
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Tabor
Maybe he doesn't like it when people take up two spaces.
Nice point, however... We're talking about a college parking lot on the last day of classes, there were at most 5 cars out of a possible 100 or so on that parking floor. BTW, I hate it when guys with really banged up cars take up 2 spaces, happens a lot at my school. What are they trying to avoid, spreading the rust?
Old 10-18-2003 | 08:57 PM
PJXJ
Instructor

Originally posted by led
Nice point, however... We're talking about a college parking lot on the last day of classes, there were at most 5 cars out of a possible 100 or so on that parking floor. BTW, I hate it when guys with really banged up cars take up 2 spaces, happens a lot at my school. What are they trying to avoid, spreading the rust?
So because you have "nice" car you're allowed to take up two spaces but the guy with a rusty car can't. I think there is something wrong with that logic.
Old 10-18-2003 | 09:01 PM
led
Three Wheelin'

It's not that I'm allowed but I can see why someone with a "nice" car would.
Old 10-18-2003 | 09:35 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by T.Asay44
It used to happen to me almost on a daily basis. I'm a senior in high school, and even though I parallel park my car on the same line with all my buddies who have nice cars, they always have spit on them, glue all over, or gum stuck to them everyday.

Our solution, hide a video camera in the very first car and the very last car on the line with every car in between in view. Word got around pretty quick that the cars were being watched and things stopped very very quickly. Since then, not a single problem.
i used all 3 of my p-cars to school.luckly no one did anything to my car,maybe it was because i park where everyone could see my car,it was a porsche,or because i spanked everyones car in school!

but its always a shame for people to do stupid things when they're jealous.if you catch em,give em a good lickin!!!!
Old 10-18-2003 | 10:21 PM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

If you want to avoid trouble, don't do anything that would make others think you're pompous or feel like your better than them. Taking up two spots is a sure way to get it keyed. I park my car like I'm every body else, in fact I try to give them room. Maybee it's karma, maybee people take notice of me giving them consideration, but I never have my car tampered with.
Old 10-18-2003 | 10:31 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

I park my Kawasaki up front by the Harleys at a couple of the bars that I go to and at one with a younger crowd and got a beer poured on it there.

What really pisses me off , last week some ******* tried to steal my car just to get a ride, $1-$2K in damage. He also tried to steal a 69 El Camino next to it and screwed that up....Hell even blind people can steal older GM"S.

The other one that really burns my *** was the guy that did $2500 in damage stealing a $159 CD player. Damn losers can't get a freakin' job to buy his white trash crap, thinks he's owed and to just take it......

Do I sound bitter?
Old 10-18-2003 | 10:45 PM
jaibeiber
Pro

heartless fools is all i can say. i think some people have no respect for cars at all. today i got laughed at by some kids for taking pictures of a Maserati downtown.

lucky for me nothing has happened to my cars except for a couple door dings on my Audi. knock on wood.
Old 10-18-2003 | 10:45 PM
ewainwright
Racer

I thought that i was the only one that had someone spit on my car. I always park way back in any parking lot if possible one side next to a wall or at the end of the parking lot. If there is another nice ride back there, I'll park next to it (I understand when people with nice cars park next to me). I figure that the walk will do me good. However, I did come out to find a cease in my Baby one day even though I parked way out in Bangor Maine (I live in south Florida) oh well.
Old 10-18-2003 | 10:48 PM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

I usually stop to take pics of vintage bugs, Busses and Ghias. I park by them and wave at them whenever I see one. I usually get funny looks from people. Sometimes they get snooty until I turn the conversation to their ride, then they warm up. The VW guys feel just like us water pumpers do when the purists speak out aginst us.

Quick Reply: So sick of people