Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I got the car back...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 01:17 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was chastised for spilling paint thinner and burning the whole thing down. so that is not an option now.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Robwsup
My exhaust rattles like hell from the test pipe that another fly-by-night get-up did right before the car got hit almost a year ago. If someone knows anyone selling a real test pipe (Bursch, SFR etc) for a decent price (I don't have much money now) I would like to know.
If you're patient about shipping (I'm damned buried right now with work), I have a Bursch test pipe you can have for free. I'm building a race car and don't need it.

I've been thinking about the screwing you took and what to do about it.....

It will take some planning and thought, but I should think you would be able to make his life hell.

1) He's running an illegal business.

2) He's running it for cash which means he's probably not reporting it

3) He's using hazardous chemicals without permits and almost certainly not disposing of them properly.

The business and the nature of it is now an official matter of public record since he has gone to court. Kind of hard for him to argue that he's not actually running an illegal body shop for cash now.

I think I'd start by calling your local government organization that licenses businesses and innocently ask for a copy of his business license. When they don't have it, I'd ask what to do about reporting him.

I'd report him to the EPA. If he has any containers in the open, I'd get photos, even if I had to pay a pro photographer to shoot them with a long lens.

You're already handling the IRS thing.

Oh, and I like the **** subscription thing, just because.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:11 AM
Robwsup
Racer

Thanks George,
I'm already doing the IRS thing. I plan on calling DHEC (dept health & env. controls) and the localEPA. State licensing agencies apparently don't give a damn. Maybe the state dept of revenue will care.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Robwsup
State licensing agencies apparently don't give a damn. Maybe the state dept of revenue will care.
Somebody will care. If they don't, then I would start writing to the newsies in your area. Nothing like getting out the word that your local business licensing entity doesn't care if you have a business license or not.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:54 AM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Might want to call your local TV stations too. Most of them now have some kind of zealous "consumer advocate" Geraldo Rivera type who love to ambush these kind of people. Most of them want a leter from you, not just a call.

Just another thought....
Old 10-18-2003, 02:32 AM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

I forgot about the consumer advocate angle, thats good.

The IRS also pays rewards for turning in tax cheats.

Overturn the verdict on conflict of interest?

Last edited by triscadek; 10-18-2003 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:54 AM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by triscadek

Overturn the verdict on conflict of interest?
That's the aspect that concerns me, how can this judge/magistrate whatever consider this case when the defendant is a family friend?

Quick Reply: Well, I got the car back...