Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am now a street squirrel Now With Pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 487 Posts

Hey TOMR where are your from on LI...where did that accident happen...? -chris
Old 09-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Sig,
I have an original stump puller muscle car in my garage. i survived my adolescence with a 68 firebird convertible. but always preferred handling over torque.

this Z28 is a step backwards in technology, but with a seven month old about as sporty as i can get and still sleep upstairs.

i had RX7s since 83 because i preferred the handling. would have looked for another if it had a back seat.

I think the 93 is a big improvement over the 82 my freind had. i had a lot of seat time in his 82 and was very unimpressed compared to the rx7, or another buddies 280 and 300zx.

KJP,
I was busting matts chops because i had new wires in the 944 before it was stolen, and parts for this should be cheaper, much cheaper.

I may take my wife out to a nice dinner every time i have a repair done to the crapmaro with the $$$ i saved by not having the porsche.

FTY
The S2 was stolen from the cedarhurst LIRR station. are you from the oceanside area? i've seen a red 944 around there a lot, always when in the aurora though.

look for a red Z28 and honk if its you!
Old 09-22-2003, 03:41 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SigAlphAdam-
I would say that stock they are really not that fast. Maybe I am jaded but because of their size they dont feel all that quick. NOW, that being said, I have had, on occasion, the opportunity to drive a 94 with an LG motorsports 450HP engine. Might be the quickest car I have ever driven. I drove it to 11.54 on street Goodyears that were ANCIENT. On slicks my buddy ran a 10.95 at the super chevy show in Dallas. That car was also rolled and the engine now resides in a power boat.

Tom R - there are still plenty of expensive jobs on those cars, first would probably be the water pump. It is not timing belt driven though! The A/C system also sucks in the F-bodies. Make sure you double your tire budget. I would recommend the SZ-50EP for those cars. They last for a long time, hook up well, and handle well. They will probably not win a noise contest but over the exhaust I doubt you will notice. On Corvette's we noticed about 2 times the mileage vs. anything else we put on them. The f-bodies (because of weight) will eat both front and rear tires at an equally impressive rate.

Quick Reply: I am now a street squirrel Now With Pictures!!