Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Cool places to go in Boston????

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking OT: Cool places to go in Boston????

I'm taking a little vacation to Boston soon, and was wondering what are the must see places to go. I'm visiting my Uncle and while he is at work I am planning to jump the subway each day and explore. Any locals have any good info for me???

Thanks!!!!
Jason
Old 09-19-2003, 03:03 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

You should come up a week from today and join us on the foliage run

Ohter than that your going to want to hang out in Downtown crossing, Faniuel hall, and Newbury street (They have a Bang and Olufsen dealer that is real fun to walk around.

Basically while at downtown crossing, you head west towards the common, and on the other side you'll find Newbury street. Starts exspensive and gradually goes down in price into the alternative area. Comm ave on the other side has some interesting stuff to.

Faneiul hall is North East of Downtown crossing. Filled with shops and resteraunts.

All of the important architecture runs down the north side of the common between the common and Beacon hill.

As to other stuff, pick up an alternative Newspaper (The Pheonix being one of them) and find stuff in the adverts that interests you. They will usually say which T'stop to get off . POrter square, harvard square, and central square have the most cultural type stuff.

Southie and Dorchester are fun for locals, but I wouldn't recomend you go there without a guide.

Other than that have to have an idea of what your looking for.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:07 PM
boostaholic
Instructor

If the weather is nice take a walk down newbury st. (between the Hynes Convention Center and Boylston T stops on the green line). On the weekend you will find some nice cars and beautiful women cruising up and down.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:31 PM
elf89
Pro

Throw a rock. Boston's a great town. You'll have a fun time. Some of my favorite places are:

- Union Oyster House - Sit at the small semi-circular bar in the front, order a plate of oysters and drink some good beer!
- The Green Dragon - You can imagine them planning the revolution in this bar...(try to ignore the little sign that says "est. 1973")
- Take a walk through the Boston Public Garden
- Eat at an Italian Restaurant in the North End
- While you're there, check out the progress on the Big Dig
- A lot of people drive down to Cape Cod or even ferry out to Martha's Vineyard. I prefer heading North to Cape Ann. Crane's Beach near Ipswich is very pretty.
- Have a Guiness at any pub. It takes over a minute to pour it because they do it the right way.

Have fun. I'm jealous.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

Wow!! Thanks guys!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

Originally posted by SidViscous
You should come up a week from today and join us on the foliage run

Actually I'll be there then, but I'm heading out to my Uncle's summer home in Middlefield. Otherwise I would love to do that and meet everyone.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

History buff? If the weather is nice & you're up for a non-city day trip, you could walk the Lexinton-Concord Battle Road. Go see where the Revolution began...."shot heard 'round the world," etc. Good stuff.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:04 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Hey your Uncle will still be there jk

Quick Reply: OT: Cool places to go in Boston????