Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag control module issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 08:58 AM
SpeedyC2
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Airbag control module issues

A while back, I had a local indy shop install a new ignition switch in my '90 S2. Unfortunately, while doing so they triggered the airbag light and didn't have the tool required to reset it.

I had a 968 CS steering wheel I wanted to install anyway and I did so, placing the required resistor into the airbag connector to complete the circuit. I then took the car to the dealer for a track inspection and asked them to reset the airbag light while it was there.

The dealer said they were getting an warning message from the airbag control module stating "Communication could not be established." I have confirmed this with a friends Durametric unit.

Has anyone seen this error before? Could something with the ignition switch installation have damaged the control unit, or maybe some connection is not correct? Is the solution a "new" control module? I would like to keep the passenger side airbag functional, and get the danged lights turned off on the dash as well...

Thanks for any input!

Quick Reply: Airbag control module issues