Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Houston Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 12:15 PM
icat
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, great meeting you and your coworkers. We'll have to have a road trip up to the DFW area in the near future. Lots of good memories from there as that is where I met my wife and both my kids were born (in that order ).
Old 09-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad it was that order! Bring the skinny folk to do some of the under car!
Old 09-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by icat
Since we seem to have trouble getting everyone together early, maybe we should try a later time frame. I'm game for an 8:00 or so evening. We could even make this a monthly deal where we meet every second Tuesday at a different location. We could alternate the "suburb" we meet in so everyone doesn't have to drive as far each time. The Rennlister who lives in the selected suburb of the month could choose the eating location and be responsible for getting us a table. Comments?

Or, we could meet at someones house for Monday night football, etc.... Pizza and a beer or two could make for a cheap evening where arrival time wasn't as critical.
Outstanding idea Keith. I'm up for that. My problem this month was that I was behind at work. Way behind. I've been literally doing two people's jobs for two months and committed to get caught up for our management committee meeting (basically a board meeting for an LLC). So, I had to work a lot and long hours. My wife having the kidney stone didn't help.

But, the meeting was pretty good one (even though there was some bad news) and now I have a 4 day weekend. WOO HOO! I did basically nothing today except wash and polish the car.

Anyway, I like Keith's idea and should be able to make meetings on a regular basis.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Red1
Did you discuss much about Oct 18? I can come north and link up with Kevin and James @ Kevin's. George would be travelling that way naturally given our destination, so maybe that's a good place to start off from?
Actually, I live around the corner from James.

Speaking of cats......

Anybody want one? We discovered a momma and 5 kittens in the garage last night. They're cute as hell. About 2-3 weeks old at this point.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:53 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

HMMMMM...Kevin has spare parts,,you have spare cats...

Time to clean the garage when animals take up residence..
Old 09-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by goingboeing737
HMMMMM...Kevin has spare parts,,you have spare cats...

Time to clean the garage when animals take up residence..
Hehe. You think Kevin has spare parts......

I have a whole half-sized shed dedicated that holds spare wheels and tires, two engine blocks, and a bumper cover from a Japanese Primera that was damaged in a fatal accident in New Zealand. I cut it in half to see how I would mount one on my Dead Red G20.

In the garage I still have the Dead Red G20 (with turbo engine, coilovers, etc), a garage full off woodworking machines, a hoist, a compressor, and a bunch of stuff for the race car (and stuff that came off it).

Yes. It's time to clean the garage.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:43 AM
icat
Race Car

My garage is just full of Porsche's.

Quick Reply: Houston Get Together