Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Houston Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it too, try Keiths idea about the script. I don't think Porsche would get too twisted about the crest, it's not like were making money off this.

James, sounds like the place to look is the connection for the fuel pump.

Yes, today is my daughter's birthday, so the party is Saturday. I'll be up early on Sunday to button up the car
Old 09-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by goingboeing737
Geo, how is Kerry doing? and are you home Sat morning or working? Perhaps use your jack to get under here and check it out...
Kerry is doing great now, thanks for asking. It was hell for about 8 hours on Monday. It was awful not being able to help.

I will be working all weekend. You're welcome to use the jack. It's just inside the garage door. Call the house before coming over. Kerry is tied up very early, but then should be around. She already knows it's OK. She'll be home after 10-10:30.

God, I cannot wait until this stuff at work is 100% caught up. You do what you've gotta do, but I've been doing that for two months straight and almost as much two months before that. I want my life back and I want to work on the race car again.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:28 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by goingboeing737
It really "feels" electrical and since it starts right up after it happens I kinda dismiss the pump itself. I have actualy been able to push in the clutch, turn key off, turn key back on, pop the clutch and have it keep going....
OK, I'm almost a total monkey when it comes to electrical stuff, but.....

This is starting to sound very much like a relay to me. Why? Because turning the car off "resets" it. Anybody more electrical savy have an idea about this? I would think it would also tend to explain the problem with bumps.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:40 AM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Yeh I'm a baboon in the electrical dept.

I've swapped 2 different DME/Fuel pump relays and been all over the fuse blocks. Cleaned everything I could find. Replaced the coil, fuel rail, pressure regulator & damper, rotor. Visualy checked speed & reference sensors. Checked and re-cleaned grounds @ bell housing. Tapped (with rubber end of screwdriver) the DME module under the steering wheel while driving (no stall)

My current theory is a loose connection in the fuel pump power is somehow "breaking" for a split second, this send a signal to the DME that the fuel system is "off" and the DME shuts down the AFM and injectors. By turning off and back on it does "reset" the DME and allows it to start rght up.

Again, the symptoms when this happens is:

Hit a bump
Engine looses all RPM's and power (but continues to run)
Gas pedal has no effect on power or RPM's
10 - 15 seconds later, red "idiot lights" come on and engine dies.

Turn key off and then restart OK.

I really want to drive it over to the get together on Tuesday. Any ideas on which roads from Kingwood to downtown don't have any bumps

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

wish i could come, but i start auto tech school mon. and tues. nights.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

James, any luck? Sorry I wasn't able to help this w/e, but Id be happy to come over one night this week.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

bump.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:00 PM
icat
Race Car

Joyce and I will be there at 5:45 or so. We'll be in the war wagon (Isuzu Trooper) since the 951 was rather persnickety this morning and did not want to start. Left her in her room to think about it. Probably mad because I haven't paid any attention to her in several months. Women, what can I say!
Old 09-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna be late. I've got a ship. I'll try to make it quick, trust me.

6:30 at the earliest before I'll get there. The dock I'm going to is at I10 and the east belt.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:08 AM
Geo
Race Director

Didn't even get out of work until 8:30 (earliest in the last week).
Old 09-17-2003, 02:20 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't feel bad George. By the time I got there they were done eating. Crap. Work owns me.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:44 AM
icat
Race Car

Since we seem to have trouble getting everyone together early, maybe we should try a later time frame. I'm game for an 8:00 or so evening. We could even make this a monthly deal where we meet every second Tuesday at a different location. We could alternate the "suburb" we meet in so everyone doesn't have to drive as far each time. The Rennlister who lives in the selected suburb of the month could choose the eating location and be responsible for getting us a table. Comments?

Or, we could meet at someones house for Monday night football, etc.... Pizza and a beer or two could make for a cheap evening where arrival time wasn't as critical.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by icat

Or, we could meet at someones house for Monday night football, etc.... Pizza and a beer or two could make for a cheap evening where arrival time wasn't as critical.
Sounds cool to me. I wouldn't mind having everyone over to my place, just have to clear the evening with the boss. Let me know a night that would work (ie which Monday for football, or whatever), then I can get you guys some maps to my house. That would put everyone a long ways from home, since I live the opposite direction from you all, but the offer is there anyway.

Sorry I was so late. Did you discuss much about Oct 18? I can come north and link up with Kevin and James @ Kevin's. George would be travelling that way naturally given our destination, so maybe that's a good place to start off from?

Kevin, if you're going to be home Saturday, I've got the day relatively open. We can link up and I'll give you that cat.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:56 PM
icat
Race Car

After driving all the way from Katy to Beaumont to work on Pete's 944 I can truely say that the drive doesn't bother me. Just need a place to hang out!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a great time and the guys from my work were very impressed. Jared asked me about buying a 928 all the way back to Conroe. Probably wont make it monthly, but you are all welcome to come to my place if the mood strikes.

Quick Reply: Houston Get Together