Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here I go again (garage break in)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:49 PM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

awesome stories!
Old 09-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Water944t
86 951, Alpine White, 85k, LSD, Fuchs, Now with Whitening Action!
Hey water944t, are you by any chance the owner of the white 951 I saw parked on Kristal near 7th St a few weeks ago?

Originally posted by i am a TRAITOR
awesome stories!
<announcer voice>
We now return to True Stories of the Autobahn Patrol
</announcer voice>
Old 09-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Water944t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not me, I havent been out on 7th in a while. I live out at I-17 and Bell, usually stomp around out on this side of town.

Where is Kristal? Sounds like a topless club, which I sadly havent been to one of in too long.

Lap dances for everyone!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:59 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by UDPride
EZ Rider, my GSD looks like yours. We have Beware of Dog signs everywhere. At least 5. He's the mobile alarm system as I call it. If there is so much as a bird that turds on our front lawn in the middle of a moonless night, he goes nuts even when hes inside the house. He sees EVERYTHING because its his domain. Sometimes the false alarms get old, but a few times we've seen people approach the property and every time they run, not walk, the other way. We sleep with our doors open all summer.
You cant throw the tennis ball with your Brinks security system either.
UDPride, but of course you are correct on all accounts. This was my little secret until now Truth be known a protective breed dog, from good bloodlines, is very potent. I get hurt frequently from mine because he's so playful with excess exuberance that he literally pounds me black and blue just to let me know how happy he's to see me come home. He's extremely protective and sharp as a blade. But if there were any confrontation to deal with I'd rather take the front line keeping him as backup. I am just too dog crazy to use a guard dog in conventional manner. For me my pup is a very important part of the family and I'll defend him with my life. Hence my reluctance to admit his true potential. On the other hand, when my wife and baby is alone he knows his job darn well and I count on it
Old 09-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Kristal Avenue. It's almost half a mile north of Union Hills.
I live around there. 7th St and Kristal is only a couple miles north east of you.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:14 PM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could try to put high intensity lighting hooked to a motion sensor that just after lighting, starts a tape of a very big, upset dog, intent on eating human flesh.

I'd like to second the idea of removing the crooks from the gene pool. Just make sure that when you shoot, empty the gun, putting the first three shots in the x ring and spray the remaining part of the magazine across the wall where the crook was standing. "Gee officer, he started to come at me and I just started shooting. Must have been luck that three shots when through his head." The sad truth of our misguided legal types is that they will sue or prosecute you for improving the human genome.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dog NEVER jumps on me. NEVER. I taught her not to. And she is not allowed to jump on others. She plays fetch with the best of them and dont even try tug of war, you will lose. Great dog and I would HATE to lose her BUT she is protection. Once, my wife came in through the back gate unannounced and the dog went nuts, until she saw who it was, thats her job. Scared my wife at first but she wouldnt be without her now.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:20 PM
Water944t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, it may have been. There is another white 951 around, mine is distinguised by the lovely gold Fuchs and the evil dark tint.

I dream of painting my car silver, so you might want to hide yours, lol. (I also lust for a metallic copper color, but can't find the paint I want.)

Give me a shout if you wanna grab a beer sometime.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

No gold fuchs. Must have been another car.
I dream of painting my silver car.

We should have a Phoenix Rennlist get together.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:18 AM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Matt H
My dog NEVER jumps on me. NEVER. I taught her not to. And she is not allowed to jump on others. She plays fetch with the best of them and dont even try tug of war, you will lose. Great dog and I would HATE to lose her BUT she is protection. Once, my wife came in through the back gate unannounced and the dog went nuts, until she saw who it was, thats her job. Scared my wife at first but she wouldnt be without her now.
Matt, I appreciate what you are saying. Maybe I am not the world greatest trainer but only god knows how much I tried to break my guy out jumping at me. Ironically he will not jump at my wife or baby. So he's not totally lunatic Also, he's a young pup of different breed which are often known for their fire and brimstone personality. No doubt about it the Rottweiler is a very powerful animal.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:00 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I actually enjoy my GSD jumping around on me. We wrestle and go at it pretty good. Hes bitten me pretty good at times -- totally thinking we're just playing, not to hurt me. I dont get mad at him for it. He hates everybody untill he knows you. After that hes a gigantic baby. Strangers though and its lunch time.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:23 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by i am a TRAITOR
you could always get a dog and at night leave him in the garage
now a days if you leave a dog in the garage and someone breaks in with the intention of robbing you then the dog bites them you will get sued which is a problem since you have no home owners insurance due to the last break in..... bastards.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:49 AM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Well I would like a dog but to leave the dog home alone in a city home for over 11 hours a day is not right in my eyes and it won't stop somebody from breaking into a garage that is about 2 miles from my house. I am looking for another place to keep the car it will probably be more then half an hour away which means I won't use the car as much but hopefully some day I will have a house with a garage. I do have home owners insurance it is just with a different company and cost more now.

Thanks for all of the responses!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

fishey - what would happen if you put rock salt into a shotgun? That would be a deterent, I think...and a painful reminder not to go robbing other people!

When I was about 12, everyone in my house went to the store with my mom; I was home alone, and in a house in the woods. I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water, when I saw the side door handle move! I was scared half to death, and went running silentlly up the stairs. We had a sitting area for the phone in the hallway, but it had an extra feature that I used - it was hinged, I grabbed the phone, and pulled it and the cord in with me, and shut the lid with the padding on it. Fortunately the phone worked, and I called my best friend's dad and told him. He called the police and he came running out in a truck, with a shotgun.

After all was said and done, it was a burglary attempt that left me shaking.

Let's just say if I had ammo for my dad's gun collection, I would have felt much safer.

Nothing says home protection like a Lady Smith & Wesson 9mm loaded with glazers!

- Julie
Old 09-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Matt H
Race Director

EZ- I am not saying you are not a good trainer. Unfortunately, that is how other people get hurt. The dog usually doesnt know it can ONLY jump on you or ONLY bite you. It is such a problem with big dogs. Often people get hurt unintentionally. The other day in CO. two kids were mailed when a 3 yr old was playing by her self in the front yard and then her 8 year old sister went to help her. People were angry with the dog owners, NO ONE bothered to mention that a 3 yr old was playing by them self in the yard, who knows what might have done to provoke the dogs (one was a minatue pincher) or that her sister was first to respond. Just ridiculous, the parents deserve a lare portion of the blame.

Quick Reply: Here I go again (garage break in)