Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pads, sold in pairs or singlely?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Arahant
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pads, sold in pairs or singlely?

Hi Guys,

I feel kinda silly asking this question, but I'm looking to buy some new brake pads for my 944 turbo... and I'm wondering if they are sold in pairs or if the price is for a single pad.

The site/pads I'm looking at is: http://www.ogracing.com/hawk-hb198s-...ht-10-compound

Thing is it doesn't say "pads", to me it looks like its a single pad but pretty much everywhere else I look on the net they seem to be sold in pairs and when I looked this question up on the net first most people say pads are sold in pairs.

I just wanted to double check, I could email the site that sells them but I figured this would be faster. Thanks for responses, I'm also open to any suggestions for a better place to get some brake pads... I'm looking for some that will be an upgrade over stock, I plan to do some occasional track days.

I also live in canada if someone knows a canada site/store, but I don't mind ordering over the border.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:53 PM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every time I have ever bought brake pads, they have come in an "axle set," meaning that if you buy front pads, you get enough individual pads to do both front brakes. It just doesn't really make sense to sell them singly, almost no one would ever need to replace the pads only at one wheel.

Just my experience, I guess it's possible this seller is doing weird things, but I'd expect to receive pads for two brakes if I was ordering a set of pads.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 126 Posts

I'd call them to verify, but with that kind of price I'd be certain that I'm getting four pads or he's gonna be walking funny for a while...most pads are sold in sets of four...by a lot of stores, but I have had customers ask me if that's for two pads or four?
Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Arahant:
Brake pads are sold as complete axle sets (front or rear). The pads in the link are rear pads for non turbo 944s, and some 924 applications.

We have those in stock. Please contact us at your convenience if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Old 05-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Arahant
Advanced

Thanks guys, I emailed them and they got back to me pretty quick, they are indeed a set of 4 pads. This is first time I'v ordered pads so its probably obvious to everyone else but me, I will probably call them when im ready to order to make sure I get the right ones.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:37 PM
ninjacoco
Rennlist Member

Heh, we have the HT-10s on the race car. They come four pads to a box.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:35 PM
porscharu
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious what type of racing you plan on doing? What tires will you be running? Only asking because that is a high temp high torque pad that will be looong when cold or casual street driving.

Last edited by porscharu; 05-05-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Arahant
Advanced

I'll be doing mostly street drivng although I'm looking to start doing track days 3-4 times a month... my pads that I'm using right now are OEM and are shot so I'm just replacing them with something that will have abit more stopping power.

I'm not sure about my tires I think they are zr1's... I will upgrade them to at some point but maby not till next year. I relise the link I gave was probably a bad example of pads to buy for my application, but the ads are all the same on that site in terms of the wording, just wanted to make sure I would be getting 4 pads instead of just 1.

Quick Reply: Brake Pads, sold in pairs or singlely?