Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no start with injectors clicking

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2024, 02:26 PM
Aaron_Neumann
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
Hi Aaron
We never got that fixed as such, as car just wouldn't run with the rogue DME. I ended up going for a VEMS plug n play ECU. As soon as we fitted it, the car started first time. I adjusted fuel Req and did an autotune and got car purring. Since then have changed a few things but sadly all I know is the car took 2 years(and great expense) to finally get sorted and driving properly and it was only fitting the VEMS set up that sorted it all out. Not much help I know, sorry
Just wanted to close the loop on this issue for posterity and the next person that has this issue. Thanks to Dave Lindsey and Joe at F9T, along with Russell Berry's comment. These guys know 944 DMEs!

[UPDATE] PROBLEM FIXED:
Injectors clicking with the engine not running is a sign that the DME is not recognizing the computer chip (according to Russell Berry from Max HP).

The culprit in my case was a Rogue Tuning chip and chipboard. This chip was sold with Lindsey Racing's MAF / NA-Tune kit for a short while before Joshua at Rogue stopped making them. There are just a handful of people who've had this same problem with the Rogue chipboard.

The solution is to pull the chip and chipboard out. I went back to the stock chip and everything returned to normal. Of course, I had to pull my MAF and replace with the stock AFM because they run different fuel curves.

The good news is that Dave Lindsey will sell you an updated chip so you can still use the MAF. You'll need to call him because currently it's only bundled with the MAF. NOTE: Their MAX chip is not compatible with MAF.

The other good news is that Joe at F9T was willing to diagnose and hopefully replace the chipboard on my Rogue chip. You can look him up if you haven't already thrown in your Rogue chip in the trash after all the hassle it's cause you!

Last edited by Aaron_Neumann; 08-23-2024 at 02:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
walfreyydo (08-23-2024)

Quick Reply: no start with injectors clicking