Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! What are my rights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a guy you work with? Talk to the HR department, maybe they can call him in.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Robwsup
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Latest update:
He was served his subpoena yesterday afternoon, about 24 hours after I filed the paperwork...not too bad for a little redneck courthouse.

I went to a real body / paint shop to get their opinion on my situation. They have previously done some insurance work on my friends customized Ford Expedition and they did really good work. I told them the situation and they said that the deal sounded sour. When I showed him the materials list that this guy gave me, they were floored. He said many of the items listed are not even used with modern paints. He also said that it looked like this guy was trying to restock his whole shop on my dime. This guy went as far as to say he would go look at the paint job himself and determine if I got anything near $3300 quality, and if I did not he would go to court with me and testify so, for free. This is the first positive note I have had so far. Four weeks til court.

Robert
Old 09-04-2003, 09:27 PM
MachSchnell
Pro

Well, that's good news! Glad to hear there's some sunshine in this dark cloud of scumminess.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:54 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice of him to do that! I'll say this though, I spent 1200 bucks on supplies for my car, we painted it three times because of problems. The car had plenty of body work too. Not alot, but probably a much as yours. The firt paint job had some spots in it, we decided to repaint it. The second, the store mixed the paint wrong, the third, most of the car wrinkled because of the previouse paint being too fresh. When we found the paint to be wrong, the shop took care of the cot and gave u the paint for the third job, I'm not going to count the second paint job. The last paint job turned out fine. We sanded the car to factory primer twice. We used alot more prep and sanding supplie than what your car would have needed, about 3-4 time as much! Granted, I did get a sight dicount on supplies, it still wasn't too much to account for tho.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:06 PM
elvisizer
Racer

wait a minute . . . . .Aiken, S.C?? your car wasn't kidnapped by the Fridge, was it?!?!?! he lives in Aiken, iirc . . .
Old 09-04-2003, 10:25 PM
Robwsup
Racer

yeah, fridge is around here. You see him from time to time....real weirdo

The shop I went to today said they do many, many paint jobs w/ body work, and their supplies run $300-$500.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear the police were of no help to you. It comes as no surprise.

Best of luck getting it back unmolested.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Red 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm sorry, but this whole thing just gets me mad.
All this time you spent on here typing things out you weren't spending getting your car back, which if you had done it as sfl had said right at the jump you would have your car. Not just dug your heels in with the police. I haven't read all of this, but Mach has also had some great points, which were too late unfortunately for the easier solutions. Screw lawyers, EPA, IRS - that isn't how stuff works. They could care less if you get whatever $5k you lost .. what is it to them, a couple grand? Finding someone who screwed them out of a couple thousand on unpaid taxes .. or polluting one thousandth of what larger corporations pollute. The longer it sits there, the more ways you threaten .. .. the more complex the situation becomes, and the more complex the disrepair of your car will be. Whatever it takes .. get your car back. Get it back as soon as possible. If he wants the money, he can take YOU to court. Just get this situation in the past, don't keep it going, and going. People can move that tractor. People will move that tractor. Throw a couple hundred at them and the whole problem will disappear. This guy is a dirtball and he will get back at you, he won't get a lawyer you can be damn sure of that. He'll do it the old fashioned way. Just don't let him know you have a lot to lose.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, jump to the redneck paintjob thread. Roberts actually making good progress within the law.

Quick Reply: Help! What are my rights?