Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kansas City Wrenching Society

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 11:38 AM
HY M8NC
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in Scott. However, I have a golf tournament in Springfield, MO this weekend. Our largest customer is O'Reilly Automotive-when they say jump...

I would also like to throw my hat in as a sponsor. I've got to place a sample order on some Scott towels, and CRC chemicals for Stephen-what do you need?

The only things I need to do are **** by nature. I want to replace that trans plug, new fluid, etc. Also-do you still have that drivers door?
Old 09-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Raceit
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to get some parts, so I'm out this weekend. But I do need to address my swaybar bushings. They "klunk" going over speed bumps and the such.

Then here shortly I need all new rotors/pads and paint the calipers yellow. I guess the hardest part of that will be to find the Porsche lettering sticker to put back on after painting.

Then there's my a/c....I don't want to talk about that right now.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:47 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Okay, we are on, here's the details:

My place, 10am on this Saturday. Forgive my paranoia, but I am not going to post directions to my place on a public forum, so just give me a call if you want, at 785-865-3435 and I will give you directions. I will also be pm'ing all interested parties with directions tomorrow (I would do it tonight but I am lazy, had a heck of a day already and the pain meds are starting to kick in).

Agenda: Get together and work on our cars. At a minimum, we will be going after j_overly's tranny, talking a lot about Porsches and I assume at least ONE person will want their belts tensioned. I would like to keep it simple for this first time, and expand on it as time goes on. I also want to make this a regular event. There are enough things to do, such as fluid changes (oil, coolant, tranny and brake), cv joint maintenance, rennbay ball joint replacements, brake jobs, belts, seals and waterpumps, and clutch jobs that I doubt we will have any shortage of projects.

Ideally, we will wrench from 10-12, and then wrap up, go for a decent cruise and wind up at a local refreshment establishment to hang out and bask in our "manly glory" (no gender discrimination intended... any gals that want to join us are more than welcome and can bask in their manly glory afterwards too!). Significant others are encouraged to join us at any point in time, if they would like.

As far as tools and whatnot, I am a bit shy on jack stands, so if anyone can bring some along, that would be great. I have a set of ramps, and one cheesy pair of jack stands that I wouldn't support a Yugo on. I have floor jacks and a good assortment of tools, so we should be okay in that department.

I am not planning on having a vast array of refreshments on hand, so bring your own, please. Also, please know that I will NOT be doing any wrenching personally, as I had back surgery recently and am more than a little bit restricted in what I can do. I will be glad to give LOTS of advice tho.

Lastly, it looks like we can get sponsorship for these events from Ian Riley (944online.com and Ian's Europarts, phone 954-968-3766) for a discount on parts that we purchase for these get togethers and Stephen Kaspar (Imagine Auto, 913-310-9927) for local help if we get into trouble. Both of these guys are Rennlist sponsors, so do me a personal favor and give em a call and thank them if you think its cool at all that they would do this for us. Better yet, give them a chance to earn your business. One non-Rennlist sponsor has also signed on, Marketing Solutions Group (aka Ben Wornall aka HY M8NC) for additional help getting this started, which is really cool, as they don't typically market to Porsche owners so they are doing it strictly out of the kindness of their own hearts.

Regards,
Old 09-05-2003, 01:02 AM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Scott, you are a Kool **** man. I would love to do something like this, I live for garage time! I only have a one car garage that I can barely wedge a 944 into from all of my parts sitting around. Some day when I get a garage big enough, Oh yeah, it's on! Maybe next year I'll do a run westward and stop through? Have fun guys!
Old 09-05-2003, 01:51 AM
User 41221
Banned

Forgive me for bragging here, but with a bit of creativity, I bet I could get 8 Porsches in my garage. I am living the dream, guys... If for some reason, one of the cars needs additional time to get sorted out, or requires more time than we are allotting (such as a clutch job), I have the space for it.

Regards,
Old 09-05-2003, 10:06 AM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by sh944
swap in the 55# injectors and 3.0 fpr I picked up from Magown,
Hey brother,

Those are a 65# injectors.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:31 PM
User 41221
Banned

Hey, cool, thats even better! Room to spare!

Time to clean the glasses, eh? lol

Regards,
Old 09-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I wish I could get there!!!
I just got back to Spfld IL from Columbus Ohio.. and probably back to Columbus on Sunday.. GAWD I love driving my car!@!

Quick Reply: Kansas City Wrenching Society