Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne V6 - what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 12:41 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey chris,

i too dont like the blinding headlights, however, the other night i fought back. this lady was tailgating me in crapburban, so i pulled to the side and let her by, only to follow her and give her a taste of the EURO H4's. she then pulled to the side, and let my by, and stayed quite a distance behind me. now i probably shouldnt have done that, but to think, one SUV driver learned to stay off my back. i'll change their driving one at a time if i have to. shes just lucky i didnt have icesharks light cannons, or i doubt she'd have usable retinas left.

porsche is trying to survive. i for one at least feel their doing right by keeping their standard of no compromise excellence by making the outright best suv on the road. do i like suv's no, i think they're utterly useless, but as suv's go, porsche's got the best.

-Michael-
Old 08-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Water944t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ERAU-944
Water: you are an ididot.

i doubt Porsche will release a V6 cayenne. the two i test drove at hallandale beach convinced me that porsche is not simply catering to the mass markets. they make the best suv to grace Gods green earth, wether you beleive it or not. there isn't another SUV out there that'll match it. heck, the boxster isnt as fast as the cayenne, nor will it go off road. to me that justifies the cost immensely. sure ferdinand would probably raise an eyebrow, but when he drove the cayenne, he'd grin just as much as when he drove 356/1. i agree if porsche launches a 6 powered cayenne its asking for trouble. last i knew the S and the Turbo were the only two being offered. the Tourag would cover the lower priced good suv scale. do the research then slam the car. go experience one water, and tell me its not worth the cost.

-Michael-
Cayenne. The next Porsche.

This is what happens when people engage their mouth without releasing the brains' parking brake.

Oh, and by the way, you have horrible spelling and grammar. Are you too lazy, or too stupid to use the spell check? If you are gonna go around calling names, at least make it legible so we can laugh at it?

And I don't need to drive one, as I would never own a school bus, err, SUV, for any reason. They are over-weight, assclown trendy, and designed for people who have no sense of style or self-image, you know, followers rather than leaders. Oh yeah, and they are monstrous wastes of resources, at least my 951 gets 25+MPG.

And secondly, the damn thing looks like a Hyundai.

And third and most damning, I have yet to see one with a man driving.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:00 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

well water: i edited it because you seem to be illiterate. any 'assclown' such as yourself should know exactly what i meant.

"This is what happens when people engage their mouth without releasing the brains' parking brake."

well said, it sums up well your statement about not needing to drive one. if you did, you'd realize that although heavy, the cayenne doesnt suffer from the feeling of being overweight. it is quick, agile, and is plain out faster than your car. period. i could give two craps less about image, the car doesnt define me, how i live defines me. if you use your car to define you then i pity you or anyone else that does so, theres more to life then the car you drive. most suv's ARE a monstrous waste of resources. unfortunately most who buy the cayenne will fall under this category, but SOME people do use suv's for what they are meant, hauling lots of people and/or gear offroad. the cayenne has been designed to do this very well, and it will. its not up to porsche to make sure every buyer will use it like that, they need to sell them so they can continue to exist, and make fine fine sports cars as well.

lastly, i'm sorry all the peppers you've seen have had women behind the wheel. of the few i've seen around, all have been driven my men, NOT THAT THAT MATTERS... you seem to have something seriously wrong upstairs man, just because a woman is driving A. doesnt make it wrong, B. doesnt mean she cant drive the pants off of you. chances are she cant but there ARE women who would EMBARRASS you from behind the wheel of a cayenne.

i'll conclude with my original statement: you ARE an ididot. yes, an IDIDOT. you dont deserve correct spelling, because i highly doubt you'd appreciate it.

/rant off

-Michael-
Old 08-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Water944t
Pro

I rest my case. Someone get him a lollipop, he missed his naptime.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:18 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

lol

ignorance is bliss, i suppose.

-Michael-
Old 08-28-2003, 04:32 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I only hope Porsche keep on being financially sound so they will always manufacture parts for our now classic Porsches
I suppose Porsche factory still makes some profit....

At least last year Porsche & Piech families get 310 million euros profit of their stocks
Old 08-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by ELLSSUU
Good thing then that you aren't running Porsche 'cause you'd be in the un-employment line. You see there this little thing called money/sales that keeps companies alive. If you don't make it/them then you don't succeed. Porsche almost took a dive in the 80's. Name me any other successful company in Porsche's category that solely makes sportscars.

Ferrari-no, their more expensive and more exclusive (read fewer)
Lamborghini, Lotus, Aston all fall under Ferrari's guise.

Well, you're absolutely right, I was just fantasizing. Before purchasing my 951 was ther first time I was in the position to buy a car that I would want to keep. My first car was my grandmother's 85 Buick (Woohoo!). A few years later I found a Z3 with a fantastic lease rate. Well the catch was, when the lease was up the buyout was absured (lets just say, about $30,000, for a six year old car with 60,000 miles, which is beginning to fall apart). I was surprised to see how few options there were if I wanted a European sports car with good pedigree. Go back about ten years and there are only Porsches and Italian cars. Of course the Italian cars were out of my price range, so I'm looking at 944s, severly abused 911s, old Datsuns, and Fiats or Alfas. Well of course the 944 was the best option, but I was surprised that I didn't have more choices. Today everyone makes a spors car: M-series and Z-series BMWs, S-series Audis, Mitsu EVOs, Subaru STIs, VW GTIs, Saab Aeros, etc. etc. In 10 years or so these will all be in the price range that I had to spend on a car. And in 10 years or so I'll buy a 930. Maybe.

Anyway, as far as other successful companies in Porsche's category that solely make sportscars, Panoz. Those look fantastic. That's the caliber of car I'd like to be associated with.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:59 PM
meanmaroon951
Racer

ELLSSUU is right porsche needs money to keep building these masterpieces but so is 944t What to do what to do
Old 08-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Olli Snellman
I suppose Porsche factory still makes some profit....
Yep...THE MOST PROFITABLE CAR MANUFACTURER IN THE WORLD. So, if you ask me, whatever keeps them on track.

Old 08-29-2003, 09:17 AM
Sean M.
Instructor

Porsche was the most profitable car company in the world BEFORE introducing the Cayenne.

What's kind of scary is what happens if this V6 Cayenne is a huge success. Why not put a VW engine in the Boxster and 996? Heck, why not put Volkswagen brakes and suspension on Porsches, too? After all, Porsche would make even more profit if it did so.

Is Porsche "on track" with this strategy? If, ten years ago, someone told you that Porsche would suspend the factory racing program to develop a truck with a Volkswagen engine, would you have approved?
Old 08-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

...but Porsche ISN'T putting VW motors in Boxsters and 996s. It's one motor in one model. If Porsche put VW motors in every model, yes, I'd have a problem. And I don't agree 100% with what they're doing. But I'll reserve final judgment until the thing actually comes out and we see what the final product is.

And it wasen't much less than 10 years ago somebody DID tell me Porsche was going to suspend factory racing to build an SUV. I was mad as hell. But I've since driven one and am pretty damn impressed (and I hate SUVs in general). And I still see many, many "factory" Porsches racing over the weekend. So lesson learned...I'll wait and see.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:28 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Porsche was the most profitable car company in the world BEFORE introducing the Cayenne
I am not a huge Cayenne fan, but this year Cayenne is the model which keep Porsche on the top. Boxter & 911 sales has dropped dramatically.
For examble lots of workes from the Finnish Valmet Automotive (makes over 80% of Boxters) has to go because poor sports car market. I suppose what Porsche needs now is a proper entry level model. There was some times ago rumors of this vechile with VAG 1,8 turbo engine. Any ideas what have happend to this ?
Old 08-29-2003, 09:29 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Olli Snellman
I suppose what Porsche needs now is a proper entry level model.
....Boxster coupe?
Old 08-29-2003, 10:41 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Ok wait a minute! Dont even bust on the Cayenne looking like a damn Hyundai. Hyundai's cars ALL look like something else. Whether it be a mercedes, or a 456 Ferrari. Their cars are cheap, unsafe, dont handle, and not worth a dime. Up close and a personal, the Cayenne is amazing looking. Especially when lowered. You seen the back of a Nissan 350Z ?? Strangely resebles a 996 a little doesnt it? Porsche has always had styling cues "borrowed" from other companies. Fine, bottom like to this whole discussion is Porsche is still doing what its known for. Building the best performing cars out there. I wish we had more stripped down models too, but you can always do that yourself. People always complain. You can never satisfy the market it seems. Personally, i think the new C4S Cab is stunning and ide love one! Im sure its a lot smoother than the 944, and i just hate the concept of E-gas...but what can i do? I don't want to buy vintage models forever. At least we still have Porsche Brakes, Porsche Handling, and styling! (some people argue that last point too...)
Lamborghini has put out SUVs since the 70s, Ferrari has a sub-group doing SUVS. Ive never heard any complaints about those? I think its the fact that some "soccer mom" can go by a Porsche now and not kill herself on the way to work. Don't feel too exclusive driving your thoroughbred sports car huh? I know plenty of people that buy cars for image, people always have. Its good. Then people like us buy the car a couple years later when the next toy is out and we have an awesome car for a lot less money!
Old 08-29-2003, 01:14 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

*applause*

well said, blue S2

-Michael-

Quick Reply: Cayenne V6 - what do you think?