Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in an early dash refurb service?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 03:22 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Anyone interested in an early dash refurb service?

I'm trying to put some money into the "car projects" fund, so I thought I would offer this.

This is mainly just a feeler to see if anyone is interested in having their early dashboards restored for about $250, shipped back. I recently did mine, and am satisfied with the results. Link, photos of results (before texturizing spray) are in post #5.

Here's how it would work - ship me a core (I recommend getting one from a parts car or junkyard car) and I'll work on it in over the course of a few weeks and ship it back when completed. It will take at least 1-2 (everything going perfectly the first time) because there's a lot of overnight drying/hardening. I'm also a student enrolled in 19 hours of engineering classes, so I'll be making an honest effort to move as quickly as I can, but I'm going to be very busy.

If anyone is interested, drop a line. I can provide more pictures and angles of my work upon request. I also want to clarify - this will not be OEM perfect, there are bound to be very small imperfections. It's much cheaper than a leather or vinyl covered early dash, and looks more original. The center speaker delete is responsible for the majority of the imperfections on my demo dash, I wouldn't recommend requesting it unless it's very important to you.

Video of the demo dash, after texturizing coating, will be slightly refined before install. Be sure to watch it in HD.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:16 PM
konakat
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're a saint to offer this for $250. It's quite a bit of work.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:08 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Honestly, I'm just trying to put about $1000 together for a megasquirt conversion. Need attractive pricing.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:55 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 655 Likes on 508 Posts

i may be interested after some time has passed to see how it holds up.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:58 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
i may be interested after some time has passed to see how it holds up.
I'll definitely update on how it's holding up. I plan on installing it soon (getting the car running reliably again is #1 on the checklist for this month though). The Texas sun should be good proofing, it can start at 30 degF here at sunrise and get over 90 degF by 3pm on some days. During the summer it's absurdly hot inside the car. MFW I have no aircon in my daily.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in an early dash refurb service?