Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of early offset after market wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 05:21 AM
Parawhore
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the Fifteen52 EvoSC but they're fairly pricey.

If you're one of the few like me who likes Aero Race Wheels, the 50 series might be an inexpensive alternative. They can drill custom stud spacing.

http://www.aeroracewheels.com/wheel_...ty_series.html
Old 12-11-2014, 02:55 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese
That's cool Compomotive is still in business. I thought I read an article a couple years ago that said they went under.
They could have been bought out by someone. Maybe Speedline?

Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese
Does anyone still make wheel fans? I know Livery did a short run of BBS style replica fans but I don't know of anyone else. I have to say, I'm surprised the stance crowd hasn't brought these back as a trend. Would be a wise business decision for wheel companies considering old BBS fans are going for $1k+ per set these days.
Usually wheel fans require wheels specifically designed for them. Many times they are for centerlocks and designed to allow access to the wheel nut.

Originally Posted by catamax944
If you are a fan of fuchs like me there are also TMB racing fuchs available like mine
Very nice. More info?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:40 AM
RoyaleWithCheese
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

That's a good point on the fans. I guess there isn't really a one size fits all way to do it and would require that you drill and tap your wheels to fit them. Here's a pic of some non-centerlock BBS wheels that are tapped for fans:

On an crazy awesome DIY note, this guy made his own fans for his Audi replica race car. The whole build is pretty incredible.

http://www.audimotorsport.se/Bilder/...gar/index.html

Sorry to thread jack lol. I'm one of the weird ones that loves turbofan and aero wheels.

Back on topic though, are there other Porsche models from the same year range (pre-85.5) that used the early offset?
It would probably be most affordable to buy an aftermarket set used, it just may take some searching and time before a set you like pops up for sale but save you $$ over a custom set.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:03 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

this is the wheel I have on my early NA, 7"s in the front and 8"s in the back, 15" diameter.
mine have gold centers though and they are bitchin.

I had mine reconditioned about 9 years ago and they are still in good shape but could be cleaned up...I also have 2 spare 8" wheels of the same type...if anyone's interested.
Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2015, 04:51 PM
spanishfly
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

next time

Last edited by spanishfly; 08-23-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: List of early offset after market wheels?