Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you Crutchfield!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Mouthpiece
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thank you Crutchfield!

Based on previous posts regarding Crutchfield, I ordered a new CD receiver for my car to replace the 18 yr. old OEM Blaupunkt. When I received my shipment, I realized that, due to my own error, I had ordered the wrong wiring harness. To make matters worse, although Crutchfield sells the harnesses, I received it free with my order. I called Crutchfield customer service and told them of my mistake and that it had been my mistake. They immediately said it was no problem and said they would send me the correct wiring harness for no charge. When I offered to pay the shipping they again said that they would take care of it. I received the new harness today and by this weekend I'll be listening to CDs!

With service like that I couldn't help but post my experience and recommend Crutchfield for anyone else in the market for a new stereo.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:28 PM
*eurospeed951*
Burning Brakes

Can't say that they have the best prices, but I do belive they have some of the best customer service.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:29 PM
7thStranger
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have been doing business with them for over 10 years.

I have never had any problems.

Free wiring harness and mounting kit plus instructions on how to tear your dash apart. Can't beat that.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:14 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Crutchfield is very good. Bought my home theater speakers there and they talked me through the whole setting/wiring of them up. One of the few places that actually know what they are talking about. Plus I like the tech support. If you forget how to program the time on your car stereo, you can call them up and they'll walk you through it.

They just sent me a free 12 month subscription to Sound & Audio or something like that right out of the blue. Very nice magazine.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:26 PM
txhedg
Racer

Crutchfield is great. i went to school in the town where they are located, and they used to (15 yrs ago) have this awesome tent sale once a year out back of their corporate office building. I remember me and friends buying no-box, returned, but brand new items for like 25 cents on the dollar. I think we bought a big **** sub woofer for our apt for about $50 that my friend still is using 15 years later. And they would even give you a warranty on the cheap stuff. Now they have a big "discount outlet" the size of a wallmart where they send all their returns, extras,etc, some deals, but more like 80 cents on the dollar instead of the old steals.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

I bought a blaupunkt HU from them 3 cars ago (about 8 years). I pulled it out of the closet to put in my Porsche a few months ago. I had a wiring question, so I called them up and got free, friendly, and accurate tech support on an 8 year old purchase.
I also bought my MTX sub for the Porsche from them. It was cheaper there than elsewhere, because it was a 'scratch and dent' discount. I looked, but I couldn't find a scratch or dent.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, they rule on CRM when it comes to audio. I've been buying from them since the 70's and still refer to their site for info and advice. A good company to buy from.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:12 PM
DinoEck
Advanced

It's nice to see that good guys still win sometimes. Crutchfield ain't the cheapest, but they're competitive and when you figure in the headaches they save you, it's worth it.

Noah
Old 08-08-2003, 11:20 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered all of my speakers through them. No problems with them ever. The only thing that I can say bad is that they list the front speakers for a 944 as 3 1/2" or something, instead of 4x6. Oh well.

Quick Reply: Thank you Crutchfield!