Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car is YELLOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Renntag
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Mr. Bates:
<strong>Wow you are soooo coool. You have a yellow car. Whoopee.

How much crack will I have to smoke to be as bright as you? And yes your girlfriend is beautiful. Just wait till she wakes up.

Now if only you had a motor under the hood, like an S or turbo. Oh yeah you know more than everyone about that.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is this abuse necessary? Maybe you should participate in crack usage. It might keep you from flaming the web board.

Why dont you post a pic of your car, and say something nice?;p
Old 01-27-2002, 06:58 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Get a life Bates, Matt is proud of his car, theres no crime in that.

Wayne.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:21 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt,

That yellow looks metallic too (is it?).

I think if my car wasn't guards I choose speed yellow or ferrari yellow. In September I saw an RS America that was factory painted "Ferrari Yellow", beautiful car.

Richard
Old 01-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Renntag
Pro

We are all here because we are passionate about the same thing. Some aspects more than others, but very much the same.

I like the yellow as well.

Rich...Your car looks SWEET in red. ...Guess you'll have to get another in yellow...
Old 01-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Enthusiasm is a good thing. There's nothing offensive about enthusiasm. And yellow is a great color for a Porsche... one of the few cars that can pull it off and not look cheesy.

Thaddeus
Old 01-27-2002, 07:48 PM
Greg Hammond
Racer

Personally, I love yellow sports cars. It looks particularly good on a Ferrari 360 Modena, Corvettes, BMW M3, and (sigh) even a bright yellow or orange Mustang can have appeal.

If I repaint my 951, it's going to be yellow or Guards Red.

Greg
Old 01-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I repaint my 951, I will either go with the stock DiamanteBleu Metallic, or a Deep dark Midnite Blue Metallic. I think Jim 968 has one... gorgeous. Not sure what his is called. Anyway, the choice will depend on how 'Concours' I'm feeling that day.

Thaddeus
Old 01-27-2002, 08:38 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

How much crack will I have to smoke to be as bright as you? And yes your girlfriend is beautiful. Just wait till she wakes up.

Now if only you had a motor under the hood, like an S or turbo. Oh yeah you know more than everyone about that.</strong><hr></blockquote>

First of all, you are an IDIOT. That picture of the yellow abomination of a turbo is NOT his car, and neither is the second yellow turbo. Can you not read? Sheesh.

Second, even if it WAS (which, again if you weren't paying attention, it ISN'T), what's it to you?

I apologize for the attitude, it's just that rude people annoy me.

-Matt
Old 01-27-2002, 11:25 PM
crushingday
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts
I too have a yellow Porsche. Mine is an 87 944S. it took awhile to get acustomed to the color , but now I love it!

<a href="http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/porschefrontRsmall.JPG" target="_blank">http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/porschefrontRsmall.JPG</a>

Old 01-27-2002, 11:38 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Masterbates.. I mean Mr. Bates... where do you come off slamming someone over their harmless post? He likes his yellow car, and wanted to share with the board. That is why we are here.

Also, and others have noted, neither of the yellow 944 posted are his. You should read posts carefully before adding your opinion.

Say someone is asking technical advice. If you answer off the cuff like you did here, and you are wrong, no one will trust your opinion.

Welcome to the board. BTW.. you have what kind of car?
Old 01-28-2002, 06:56 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

15 months ago I was searching through autotrader online. I was much more nieve than I am today. I was looking for a Porsche, hopefully a 911 to spend my relocation check on, but as my budget droped me further and further down the list and into disapointment. I found this picture:

This was the first time I had ever seen a shade of red so beautifull. It caught my interst and I wanted to know more about these cars. I read about porsche's front engine watercooled 4 cylinder, the 944. No longer was I disapointed. I was sold on the 944's heritage. "Guards Red" became my favorite color that day, and the next day the car from that add became mine.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:00 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

BTW,

With an attitude like you've displayed, for your sake I hope you DO know more than everyone. Because the real danger isn't that no one will trust you like perry said, but that when you DON'T know something no one will offer you their opinion.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Renntag
Pro

[quote]Originally posted by Roberto:
<strong>With an attitude like you've displayed, for your sake I hope you DO know more than everyone. Because the real danger isn't that no one will trust you like perry said, but that when you DON'T know something no one will offer you their opinion.</strong><hr></blockquote>

How true.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:26 PM
Mr. Bates - Masta2U
Instructor

Forgive me for making a crack at someone that posted the following:

"Listen buddy, if you want to start throwing that "I work in the auto industry" baloney at me thats fine. Just dont think it gives you some sort aura of knowledge because it obviously does not. You can show me performance figures all you want; but when it comes down to it you will find exactly what I have said time and time again: The 944S's gains are too marginal"

"I'm sorry honey. Actually the S2 did feel awesome, and actually had the speed to match. The S is right around where the 8v is in speed (although FEEL is definately different, but that does not count as speed) ."

"Oh yeah, I hope you have learned a few things about your beloved S from other (and according to you more credible ) listers who seem to hold the same general idea as me"

About a car he never drove, and probably has never seen! And didn't bother to read the articles stating the truth!

And is too chicken to allow people to rate him.

Regards
Norm
Old 01-28-2002, 05:24 PM
Renntag
Pro

Thumbs up

OK Norm,
I understand where you are coming from, but slinging mud is never gentlemen like. The general reaction to your comment was warranted. I wouldnt lower myself to someone else's level.

No harm no foul.

Quick Reply: My car is YELLOW!!!