Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWESOME BOARD

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002 | 12:01 AM
webstarxpress
Intermediate

Talking AWESOME BOARD

I can't believe how quick the people on this board answer. I also can't believe how much you all know about Porsches... It amazes me and makes me very happy. I am only 15 turning 16 in March and am looking at a 1984 Red Porsche 944... So I don't know that much about them yet... Thanks.
Old 01-27-2002 | 12:06 AM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

I agree 100% I would be lost without the people here to help me!
Old 01-27-2002 | 12:15 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Yeappp...this places is awesome. I dunno if I could afford to maintain my car without this board (and the e-mail lists)...I would just be paying people to do all the work.

Just in case you're wondering...this thing is run by 2 people: John D and Jen.

They do not make any money by running this site..I think they typically barely break even, if that.

Support Rennlist, become a member today!!
<a href="http://www.rennlist.org/members.htm" target="_blank">http://www.rennlist.org/members.htm</a>
$18/year...get discounts at various stores...feel good about supporting a service that helps us all so much....cool sticker to put on your car/helmet/whatever....too many to list, really.

By the way...I'm 17. 18 in 6 days...can't wait...get to join PCA and do whatever event I want!
Old 01-27-2002 | 02:27 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

YOu gonna buy lotto tickets are cigarette's? (jk)
I turned 18 last sept. 5th. Thank god I never started smoking. 18 is when it REALLY picks up.
Old 01-27-2002 | 02:45 AM
Super Dave
Pro

Thinks for the chuckle LukeSilver! That cig thing was pretty funny. What I want to know is how you young guys afford these cars in the first place. I mean this in the most courious way. It took me 18 years from the time I was 18 and wanted one in a bad way to get a 944. Of course I now have my sights set on a 911 after driving my first 911 this week. So what is it? Well to do dads or money falling from the sky? lol

David M
85-1/2 944
84 944 parting out
Card Carrying Rennlist Member
Old 01-27-2002 | 02:52 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll bite on the young kid comment.

Although I'm 25, I got my 944 when I was 22. I got the hand me down car from the family to get me into my college years. From 16 on, I worked hard and smart, and saved some money and built up my credit. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I worked more than I went to school. When it was time, after I bought a few cars and built them, I got my 944. (Paid cash, and that was a sweet feeling)

Now, with a good credit line, a nice paying job, and a cheap apartment, I can afford to blow some cash on my car.

For us youngins, most of us don't have a mortgage or kids to suck down the jack. We can blow it all on the cars while we can. At least that is how I see it.
Old 01-27-2002 | 05:07 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

How do the young un's afford these cars? I'm 25, sorta young... anyway the old man paid for me to go to school so that when he gets older I could afford to put him up in a condo with hot chi... I mean nurses to take care of him rather than shove him in a home. He wasn't loaded, just busted his bunyons to put me through college. Know I'm out and I made him proud by moving out west and bringing home 2X his sallery. I make silicon chips. There not as good as corn chips but they make me allot of money that I blow on cars that I would never have been able to earn if it hadn't been for the old troll I call my dad. Now all I gotta do is convince him to retire all ready, and move out west with me so I can start stocking my house with hot chi... I mean nurses. For his sake of course. Dads, you gotta love em.
Old 01-27-2002 | 05:15 AM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

I worked like a moffo through my last year in high school and even harder this summer. I achieved my goal-&gt; to get a 44 (did not matter which model) before I turned 18. I turned 18 1 day later. Oh yeah, It was a bit easier for me since my family owns 2 restaurants (restaurants have a funny way of making you grow up in a hurry) and is paying for school. Props to ma and pops.
Old 01-27-2002 | 12:36 PM
Super Dave
Pro

Good deal Lemon Yellow I wish I could pay you to talk to my 17-1/2 year old. LOL I like and respect your work ethic. I bought him a Mazda 626 last summer when he was 16. He drove it too long when the thermostat went out. and then drove it too long when the lower hose blew. And then just plain drove it into the ground. All a long no really having a job. He lives with his mother and I just leave that not working thing up to her. But guess who he crys too now that he has a cylinder head that looks like a bananna. Yes Matt one could learn a thing or two from the kind of effort you put into getting a 44 at your age. I wish you well.

David M
85-1/2 944
84 944 parting out
Card Carrying Rennlist Member
Old 01-27-2002 | 01:59 PM
webstarxpress
Intermediate

Myself personnaly, I am almost 16. I have been saving money for over 7 years now. Little jobs helping my parents business up until now when I am an IT at my work and only in 10th grade. I make my money on my own. My parents don't have that much, but what they do have is respect and love for me. The taught me how to save, how to earn my way through life, no get it handed over on a silver platter. It's better this way. Luv yah mom and dad!!!

Quick Reply: AWESOME BOARD