Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How should a Porsche owner act ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 09:59 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up How should a Porsche owner act ?

My Personal Code of Conduct as an Owner of a Porsche Automobile.
----------------------------------------------------------------

My Porsche will always be clean and well presentable. I will ensure that my car is in the highest state of mechanical condition and maintenance. Some are indeed rare and to see one is a special experience. I have an obligation to present my car to others at a high standard.

I will always be polite, courteous, and friendly. I will not talk down to or ignore anyone, and I will cheerfully answer all questions. Porsche owners wrongly suffer from a "snob" label. By actively and always countering this, I will strive to change this perception among all whom I meet.

Where feasible, I will encourage inspection and observation of my Porsche. If someone is clean and courteous, I will encourage them to sit in my car. I will actively encourage photographs. In particular, I will encourage this among younger children. On occasion, I will offer rides to admirers under the appropriate circumstances.

With one exception (see below), I will obey all traffic laws or local traffic customs. Especially, I will pass other cars only in marked, safe passing zones, and I will always respect traffic speeds and noise ordinances within city limits. I will always drive in a defensive manner to protect myself and my vehicle. I will not initiate nor will I respond to challenges to race my Porsche on open public roads.

Operating my Porsche as Ferry intended will occur only on open, rural routes free of heavy traffic or on appropriately designated race courses. On public highways, I will use my highest powers of observation and diligence to ensure that I place myself, my vehicles, and the public in no additional danger. I will be aware of the environment and road conditions, and I will not drive at excessive speeds on unknown or suspect roads. When approaching blind corners or hills, I will assume that an obstacle exists and will take appropriate defensive measures.

I will share my passion and excitement for Porsche's with others through community service and charitable events. I will actively seek out community organizations such as local police departments and schools and offer my car for use in events/programs, parades, rallies, etc. Many communities have "Make a Wish" foundations for sick children. If given the opportunity, I will offer a day with myself and my car to such organizations in an effort to brighten an otherwise trying life for someone less fortunate than I.

I will be honest and open with other enthusiasts, and I will accurately represent my Porsche to prospective owners and buyers. I will keep complete records, and I will always follow up with purchasers of my car to ensure that they continue to gain maximum satisfaction and appreciation for cars that I have owned and serviced.

I will always have a smile on my face when inspecting, driving, or showing my Porsche to others. I will never forget how fortunate I've been to own such an automobile and I will constantly remind myself that the future is uncertain, and that today may be as good as it gets.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:06 AM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How should a Porsche owner act?

_Grateful_, of course!

Jim, ever the smart aleck...

PS: Well written, Adrian.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:47 AM
Brian Wilson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Have you hugged your Porsche today???
Old 11-08-2001, 11:32 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Originally posted by jim968:

PS: Well written, Adrian.
thankxs
Old 11-08-2001, 11:33 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Originally posted by ecpunk:
Have you hugged your Porsche today???
Every Weekend, mind you when it's particulalry cold, I go out into the garage, make sure she's got an extra blanket
Old 11-08-2001, 11:37 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Go out into the garage to give her a blanket?? Tsk -

Mine sleeps up stairs with me.

-M
Old 11-08-2001, 12:17 PM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Originally posted by Matt Olde:
<STRONG>Go out into the garage to give her a blanket?? Tsk -

Mine sleeps up stairs with me.

-M</STRONG>
Touche' my man, Touche'
Old 11-09-2001, 01:36 AM
RYAN91S2
Intermediate

Porsche.....
It's what other cars dream about when they sleep.

So I wonder what our cars dream about?
Old 11-09-2001, 03:33 AM
Brian Wilson
Addict
Rennlist Member

They dream about koni's, Z-rated tires, oil changes, nitrous shots, boring their block, (mine) the autobahn, REDLINE!!!
Old 11-09-2001, 04:10 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Unhappy

There Isn't enough room for me to sleep with my Porsche upstairs, So I have to sleep in the Garage
Old 11-09-2001, 11:33 AM
angus 944s
5th Gear

Your absolutely right man This past summer I saw a 944 at the beach with great patches rust painted with grey under coat. It was all I could do to stop myself from calling a tow truck to take it to the auto recycler.

sugna
Old 11-09-2001, 02:34 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally posted by Roberto:
<STRONG>There Isn't enough room for me to sleep with my Porsche upstairs, So I have to sleep in the Garage </STRONG>
Ok you win.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:03 PM
booster
Racer

Cool

How should we act? No friggin different than before we had one! When I bought mine I had a COUPLE of friends say..You ain't gonna be one of those Porsche ******** are ya (I do Brittish too)!

Russ,
951 or 944 turbo
Old 11-10-2001, 12:21 AM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally posted by angus 944s:
<STRONG>Your absolutely right man This past summer I saw a 944 at the beach with great patches rust painted with grey under coat. It was all I could do to stop myself from calling a tow truck to take it to the auto recycler.

sugna</STRONG>
I deft. dissagree with that.
Old 11-12-2001, 06:39 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Originally posted by booster:
<STRONG>You ain't gonna be one of those Porsche ******** are ya (I do Brittish too)!
</STRONG>
errrr yeah, whatever

Quick Reply: How should a Porsche owner act ?