Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me if this is logical!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mueller944s2
I'm kinda wondering what you're doing with it! Thats $1,000 more than the annual average to keep mine running...
Really?

I'm only $6-7k into my car including owning for 3 years, 2 timing belt changes, rod bearings, all new engine gaskets, I have a spare brand new clutch in my garage, new wheels, all new upgraded front suspension, brand new tires, nice original seats, and tons more I can't think off the top of my head...
Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Butters944
Really?

I'm only $6-7k into my car including owning for 3 years, 2 timing belt changes, rod bearings, all new engine gaskets, I have a spare brand new clutch in my garage, new wheels, all new upgraded front suspension, brand new tires, nice original seats, and tons more I can't think off the top of my head...
Ditto. I'm ~6k into my car and thats buying an 87 944S tub, a complete 45k mile 951 swap down to the last detail with LSD tranny, 2 different big turbos, a set of 80 lb fuel injectors, new clutch + pressure plate + aluminum flywheel, clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder, front coilovers and rear shocks, 4 new tires, tons of new stainless hardware, a new ignition switch, new upper radiator hose, new radiator fan shroud and fans, a new CV joint, ignition cap + rotor + plug wires and plugs, a new fuel rail, who knows how many gallons of 20w50 oil and filters, a timing belt, lots of small seals + exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, tons of other little upgrades I cant think of, and general preventative maintenance and repairs with owning the car for a year and a half. If a 924s is costing you 4k a year to keep running...ditch it
Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Mueller944s2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dougs951S

Ditto. I'm ~6k into my car and thats buying an 87 944S tub, a complete 45k mile 951 swap down to the last detail with LSD tranny, 2 different big turbos, a set of 80 lb fuel injectors, new clutch + pressure plate + aluminum flywheel, clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder, front coilovers and rear shocks, 4 new tires, tons of new stainless hardware, a new ignition switch, new upper radiator hose, new radiator fan shroud and fans, a new CV joint, ignition cap + rotor + plug wires and plugs, a new fuel rail, who knows how many gallons of 20w50 oil and filters, a timing belt, lots of small seals + exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, tons of other little upgrades I cant think of, and general preventative maintenance and repairs with owning the car for a year and a half. If a 924s is costing you 4k a year to keep running...ditch it
I've gone through a few engines in the S2. Rotten luck
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ditch the S2 and buy a 951, it will be MOAR RELIABLE! ( or it could blow up, at least it will be faster and sound better ) On a serious note, I've been pretty lucky with my car. I would go out on a limb and say its one of the lower original mileage 951's on the board as far as the drive train is concerned. Currently at a tick over 50k, I put about 4k street miles on it a year mostly with the throttle planted! I got it dirt cheap, it runs like a dream, and even though I keep pushing my luck with it by getting more and more power out of it, its never given me any trouble. The only drive train part I've ever broken is a CV joint and that was before I got a solid trans mount.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Timmyboy
4th Gear

Not to retake my own thread lol, but i met the guy today and the body in interior were shot, paint was far to gone for my taste, and i dont feel like doing/paying for a respray. Also it sounded odd, like a bad bearing or something when the car was moving, he said it was normal? Anyone know anything about that i'm pretty sure having the car sound like it has a rally car transmission isn't right. Well is anyone knows of any porsches for sale in the Louisiana area that would be up for a trade, let me know. You all have been a lot of help!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:09 PM
GreyDog
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, here's a thought: E30 M3 instead of 924/944? You already know alot of that chassis given your 325i history. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Tell me if this is logical!?