Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SFR supercharger kits are finished!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 11:32 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post SFR supercharger kits are finished!

We finally finished our supercharger kits for the 944 N/A! We are very pleased with the results. Lok for the dyno charts and all sorts of info on our website. We have both intercooled and non-intercooled models. Now the N/A guys can upgrade their cars like the turbo guys;^)

Here is a link to see some pics of the various kits if my url link doesnt work on this post.
http://members.home.net/timer1/supercharger.html

We are hoping to have everything up on the website very soon.

Tim
86 951 <A HREF="http://www.speedforceracing.com[url="http://members.home.net/timer1/supercharger.html"]Supercharger" TARGET=_blank>http://www.speedforceracing.comSupercharger Pics</A>
Old 12-15-2001, 11:36 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

A big congratulations to Tim and John!!! Out of all the expert tuners who've been promising this thing for YEARS, you guys did it in a matter of months, awesome!!!

I think we should all pitch in and organize a PizzaRun/PARTY for these guys, hurray!!!!
Old 12-15-2001, 11:42 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Everything is on the website now.Check it out.

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com
Old 12-15-2001, 11:53 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Odly enough Huntley Racing just announced that the final design for their SC is done and the kits are being CNCed now...

Things are looking up for the N/A guys...uh oh...we won't be able to call them N/A guys anymore...what is the world coming to...
Old 12-16-2001, 12:13 AM
TurboTim
Banned

Fortunately, none of our parts need to be CNC'd. We make our own brakets out of 6061 on our mill. We fabricate everything in-house so this means our kit will be much cheaper then anyone elses! Our kit is also finished and available now.As Danno said, it only took us a little over a month to produce a kit and not two years.There is alot to be said in that.

Another thing to think about is ease of installation. We actually installed the supercharger in less then 1 hour in front of one of our customers today.Ofcourse this was our most basic kit and the othe rkits require the installation of the ARC2, ARM1 and some of them even require the install of an intercooler.Even the most adanced kit will only take 6-8 hours to install max!

When you have to get into removing intake manifolds like you do with a roots type blower and all other sorts of crap the time it takes to install is going to skyrocket.BTW, roots type superchargers cannot be intercooled because of their design.The blower is actually part of the intake manifold.If you do intercool it, it is going to be a plumbing nightmare! This will add even more time to the install.

Something else to consider.....our supercharger has a 79% abaitic efficeincy when it is intercooled.This means the intake charge air temps will remain low which will allow you to avoid blowing headgaskets every other week.

Finally, we are so confident in the quality, craftsmanships and reliability of our kit that we will gaurantee the supercharger for 3 years! We urge anyone to check out the competitions system and then check out ours.There really is no comparison! Take care.

Tim
Old 12-16-2001, 01:31 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Something else to consider.....our supercharger has a 79% abaitic efficeincy when it is intercooled.This means the intake charge air temps will remain low which will allow you to avoid blowing headgaskets every other week.
First, I think what you did is great, and I really do wish I had the money do undertake becoming a non-NA guy...

But I'm curious - does you statement above mean that if you don't go with the intercooler you will blow a gasket? So your base price is 3500, but you "strongly" suggest the intercooler?

Again, I hope you sell a trillion of these things because you all deserve the reward for your hard work and time. Plus, you're enabling the "NA" to be a sleeper at the stoplight when a 951 pulls up next...

-Matt
Old 12-16-2001, 01:32 AM
Tabor
Drifting

Are you ever going to tell us what core you are using? What is the ETA for the 968 unit?

Danno, Rimmer used to sell one for the 944, and SoK has for a while (and still does). Not to put down Turbo Tim at all.

Edit- Also, wasn't this thing supposed to be $3,000 base?
Old 12-16-2001, 01:42 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Tabor,

I'm pretty sure the base has always been 3500, and they came in under that so kudos.

Also, SoK doesn't sell if you have anything later then a 87 I think.

-Matt
Old 12-16-2001, 01:58 AM
TurboTim
Banned

Whenever you intercool a boosted motor, you will always benefit from a lower charge air temp. I really feel that intercooling is the way to go. It also allows you to run a little more boost. Will it work without an intercooler? Sure. Will it make as much power? No. Will it still be safe, certainly.

As far as price goes....I think $3300 for the base kit is a real bargain for what you are getting. Like I said in my original post. Compare our kit with any other kit on the market and you will see there is no comparison;^)

Tim
Old 12-16-2001, 02:01 AM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

TurboTim, I can't find the dyno sheets. Can you post a link or something?
Old 12-16-2001, 02:02 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

What does it do to the reliability of the car if you don't go intercooled. Isn't that another 1000 bucks?

-Matt
Old 12-16-2001, 04:04 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Yeah Tim!!

Does SFR offer stocks? If so I want some because the desire for this kit is going to make it a profitable investment. Anyway, I agree that the quick delivery of this kit deserves much congratulations, But even the almighty Porsche with all of it's engineers and money for R&D have to release updates due to design flaws. Even with an intercooler I think I'd want a better headgasket. Bullet proof? I want rocket proof!! What kind of endurance tests have you run these kits through? I'm also intersted in seeing the HP&torque dynos, are they somewhere on your site? I can't find them either. Will you be expecting the same improvements for the 968SC when it comes out? Hmm... that would give me about... (196rwhp + 100%) almost 400RWHP!! Which equalls

Oh, I can't forget reverse,

Turbo guys can't hog all the fun anymore

Bob, 944S3SC?
Old 12-16-2001, 04:36 AM
Tabor
Drifting

Originally posted by TurboTim:
<STRONG>As far as price goes....I think $3300 for the base kit is a real bargain for what you are getting.</STRONG>
I don't disagree. But in this thread you stated that it would be $3,000.

Anyhow, what core are you using?
Old 12-16-2001, 04:42 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

I remember now, Originally it was 300 bucks. A 1100% price difference, now thats some expensive R&D.
Old 12-16-2001, 05:23 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyhow, what core are you using?
What?@!!! And give away their trade-secrets? No way! Just say NO! heh, heh....

Quick Reply: SFR supercharger kits are finished!