Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1987 951 Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:43 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeeporsche
Thanks for the acceptance and kind replies.
@Cyclone!: Tell me how you did it, please. I am having trouble with mine, and do I need a piggyback tuner? Which do you use?

I run mine from Josh (RogueTuning.com) he made the tune for me before he released his MAF kit. So I am running basically M-Tune with a Ford Lighting 90mm Maf but I heard you can use the lindseyracing Maf Chips and piggy back for it. From my understanding you just have to adjust the idle.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Jeeporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info bro!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:48 AM
VirginiaF1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeeporsche
Thanks for the info bro!
1. Any receipts for head gasket replacement? Any leaks or mixing evident?
2. Have you run any compression or leakdown tests yet?
3. Original Turbo from what you can tell?
Thanks in Advance!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Jeeporsche
Intermediate

From what I can tell, yes it's definitely the original turbo as its exhaust side is looking rusted and classical these days. It is a kkk 26 I believe. But it pushes 19lbs like a champ. Although the higher boost helps burn that much more oil through the bad rings. Other than all that, I have not yet pressure tested it, and yes a couple small leaks, from the same area oddly enough. Remote oil cooler drips a bit and the steering fluid reservoir line drips. That one a bit less. Have the receipts somewhere. It also came with the owners manual, a 944 brochure kind of book and a 944 turbo shop manual which I suppose mechanics would use.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Jeeporsche
Intermediate

Also, thank you for the love on the jeep everyone. That's a 05 wrangler sport. Nothing special, but I still have the supercharger I put on my old 924, and was possibly going to put it on the wrangler someday. I expect 11lbs of forced air. In on picture you can see a small piece of my wives 2012 Grand Cherokee limited. That's our roadtrip/ Vegas car. Haha. I see 944s and Jeeps go hand in hand with some of us. Nice
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Mikes-951
Rennlist Member

i would not go any more then 15lbs on that stock turbo.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:57 AM
Jeeporsche
Intermediate

Just a quick bump. I have not forgotten about this project. The car is still running and sitting in a stock fashion. The steering lines are going. after 27 years they are hard and cracked. I expected this. At the moment, I am replacing the tan interior doors and underdash with black replicas. The rear hatch area is getting a remodel/subwoofer job. I have most of the rebuild and upgrade parts for my car, just waiting on a couple other things and some more extra cash to buy pistons and rods, and injectors.

So far I have these parts sitting around: new water pump, new alternator 175amp, new belts, new gaskets (victor reinz), Bosch 044 fuel pump (high pressure/racing), new adjustable fuel pressure reg (Tomei- yes... japanese), Magnaflow racing Cat Converter 3"/3", Magnaflow XR1 muffler 3"/3", 3" exhaust piping to be welded, electronic boost controller, all new hoses (silicone set), new 8mm ignition wires, flamethrower coil, MAF sensor (LR type), intake piping 2.5", lightweight flywheel (fidanza), lightweight pressure plate, lightweight crank, lightweight clutch (stage 2), 2" electronic meters for fuel pressure/ intercooler air temp/ air fuel ratio, new braided fuel lines, new misc parts (egr valve, o2 sensor, etc...), new drilled rotors made of Zinc (installed), M030 sway bars front/rear, Koni stiff coil over shocks, M030 front control arms (stamped "porsche" and drilled out for lightweight), new HID light bulbs (keeping large flipup circle lamps), new HID clear lenses for turn signals, new piston ring sets (Goetze racing), new wheel bearings, new axle bearings, new crank bearing, new cam bearings, new valve lifters/springs/valves (aluminum not titanium. I would rather replace these instead of a whole block), and new Turbonetics wastegate. Future mods purchased this year will be: injectors, rods, pistons, camshaft, and turbonetics turbo with t3/t4 housing with t3/t4 3" downpipe. I think this will be a mildly wild street/touring car. I will have boost set around 14-15 psi, as the mods will add alot of N/A power as it is. I have already removed the rear seat/spare tire/sound deafening pads and will removed any other unnecessary items like the "cruise control". This will be a weekend/short trip car. Although I may drive it to the annual porsche meetup in California someday. I am hoping it will remain reliable after the rebuild.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 10-30-2015, 07:08 AM
Jeeporsche
Intermediate

Just a quick update.

New rotors all around.

New shifter leather.

New armrest.

Installing new leather.

Wow, so much fun.

New interior doors.

What a mess.

Out and mounted.

Polished and ready for bore job.

Polished and ready for new valves and springs.

Hardest piece to clean and this was an unfinished photo.

Much of the bay cleaned and degreased.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:57 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Looking good man keep it up
Old 10-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Jeeporsche
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
Looking good man keep it up
Thanks! this support will keep me going.

Quick Reply: 1987 951 Project