Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 89 944 S2 with 968 engine - S3 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:47 PM
DHC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 89 944 S2 with 968 engine - S3 conversion

Hello everyone just want to spread the word that I am selling my S3.

For some reason I can't post the link to the market place listing. When I try to cut/paste the link it only gives me rennlist.com

Anyway it's listed in the market place. Please have a look, any comments to help it sell would be welcome.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:17 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The album link does work, and it's an interesting car, but I think you're priced a bit high, particularly for one that needs some (minor) work.

Obviously, cars do sell for a little more in Canada, but as a reference, I wouldn't expect your car to sell for more than a 968. Very nice, totally stock and all-original 968s with good paint sell up here for under $14,000, and you've likely heard that modifications tend to add very little value at resale.

You do go into a lot of detail in your ad, and I appreciate that, but it might be worth shortening your description down a little, too.

Best of luck with the sale.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Here's your marketplace link. GLWS

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...rom-an-s2.html
Old 06-24-2013, 09:58 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Louis

Was wondering where you have been. Sorry to see you selling your car!

If my car was running I would suggest we go out for a drive before you part with her but its not Working on it...

For anyone that is interested I have seen this car on more than one occasion and its very nice. Has all the goodies and looks great.

Good luck with the sale! Hope to see you around

Mark
Old 06-24-2013, 10:04 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool car.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:33 AM
DHC6
Racer

Charlie,

I appreciate your advise, however this isn't a Civic with a turbo and a skirt kit. This is a Porsche with all Porsche parts. While I agree with you, this is not simply a 944 with some mods on it.

As for the value, only time will tell if my price is to high, and perhaps your right. Which is why I said my price is very negotiable. However there have been stock S2's that have sold lately for very close to my asking price, so if I get some where close to what I am asking I will be happy. Maybe I will reduce the price.

It's funny you said that my description is to long. Some one recently had a description almost twice the length of mine and everyone praised his add saying it was the best add they had ever seen, so I used his add as a template. His add was even featured on another site saying the depth of detail was never seen before.

Anyway I will take that into consideration thanks for looking.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:42 AM
DHC6
Racer

Mark,

What's wrong with your car??? I know the feeling, especially during the summer months. It would be nice to go for one last drive before it's gone.

Don't really want to sell it, but I could use the cash for some real estate projects I am working on.

Anyway hope to see you around, and hope your car is driving soon.

Trending Topics

Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

I thought the template looked familiar. My only suggestion is imbedding more pics, and/or making the photobucket link bigger. Somehow I missed it the first time.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 AM
DHC6
Racer

I had originally wanted to put more pictures, and I agree the photobucket link is not noticeable enough. I have to make it stand out more. I will edit some more photos to post in the add once I get back home tomorrow evening. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:27 AM
BobSantos
Instructor

Originally Posted by pontifex4
The album link does work, and it's an interesting car, but I think you're priced a bit high, particularly for one that needs some (minor) work.

Obviously, cars do sell for a little more in Canada, but as a reference, I wouldn't expect your car to sell for more than a 968. Very nice, totally stock and all-original 968s with good paint sell up here for under $14,000, and you've likely heard that modifications tend to add very little value at resale.

You do go into a lot of detail in your ad, and I appreciate that, but it might be worth shortening your description down a little, too.

Best of luck with the sale.
I'd like to add a second to this opinion. Being very underwater on a sale of a modded car is quite common - I say this from experience. Also the chasis, trans. and engine mileage doesn't quite jibe with the asking price.

At any rate it is your decision, and I wish you best of luck with the sale of a beautiful 944.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 AM
princej
Advanced

its a beautiful car, im pretty sure I saw it around while driving in the West island in my minivan.

if you want to go for a last run , with my '87 944, pm me. would be a nice send off.

all the best.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Why do people feel the need to publicly evaluate prices online? If a car is priced too high let the market decide. If you are truly interested in a car that you feel is priced too high, take it to PM.

The OP has clearly stated his option on the price.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:36 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
Why do people feel the need to publicly evaluate prices online? If a car is priced too high let the market decide. If you are truly interested in a car that you feel is priced too high, take it to PM.

The OP has clearly stated his option on the price.
It's an open forum, and the OP specifically said "any comments to help sell it would be welcome". Scroll up and read the last line of the first post.

What's more, I genuinely wanted to be helpful, and if I you think I provided incorrect information, or have a different view point, then that, too, can be shared on the open forum.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:46 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Originally Posted by pontifex4
It's an open forum, and the OP specifically said "any comments to help sell it would be welcome". Scroll up and read the last line of the first post.

What's more, I genuinely wanted to be helpful, and if I you think I provided incorrect information, or have a different view point, then that, too, can be shared on the open forum.
You are correct, your comments do fit into "comments to help sell"

I guess I'm just tired of seeing people openly criticize prices on forums. Fortunately, it is generally friendly in nature here on the list. Even though it is an open forum I think it is important to keep respectful. Rereading your post, i can see where you were trying to help over criticize. I apologize about my early morning crankiness and bringing the thread further of base.

My opinion on the car? I think I would take it over a similar miles/condition 968.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:04 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
My opinion on the car? I think I would take it over a similar miles/condition 968.
No problem. And so would I (and mine started as a similar miles/condition 968). I really prefer the 944 body to the 968, and I've always wanted a blue one.

Quick Reply: FS: 89 944 S2 with 968 engine - S3 conversion