Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for huntley racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 11:28 PM
instigator
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post question for huntley racing

ive noticed on ebay that you have been bidding on used supercoupe superchargers and that you've won a couple. are you using these for your kits ( please say no ) or are they for just for R&D (please say yes). and if you are not planning on using the supercharger top i could use one, cheap that is, i am doing a one off for my self and could use the top for my project.
also have you tried the super coupe web sites for superchargers? i just piced one up for $155 after i got beat out of one off of ebay.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:27 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Are you sure you saw the huntley name bidding on these used chargers????!!! LOL Can you direct me to a page that will show the units he has bid on? Th8is is very interesting!!!!!!

THanks!
Old 01-13-2002, 02:05 PM
instigator
Racer

this is one of them http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...ndexURL=0&rd=1
Old 01-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

Ok guys here are all the recent bids placed by huntley racing:

Current and recent auctions bid on by huntleyracing@home.com

BTW, I have never working with Huntley Racing, so I don't have anything particularly good or bad to say about them. Just remember that all of this information is available on ebay to anyone who wishes to find it.

'86 951
-Steve
Old 01-13-2002, 05:03 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Holly crap, I had to see it to believe it. I sure hope these are for R&D only Lets just hope Derrek does not intend them for sale with his kits! What is he thinking?

I'd hate to see the practices of one company ruin the hard work and reputation of the others that are on the list by selling used parts with a kit that costs over 5K. That would do nothing but polute the pool.

There is already enough flaming about the two kits and we do not need this to bring further doubt into the picture.

Please let it be know, SPEED FORCE RACING uses only brand new, from the factory Core units that are the latest in development from the manufacturer. We have never considered using an older, outdated Blower for testing or selling in our kits.

I don't see how, even if Derrek is using them for R&D, to be replaced by newer units when testing is done (by the way, Huntley is supposedly done testing, has the results and is selling the units)these units will be able to provide accurate data or anything usefull for the finshed kit. The newer blowers are different in shape and output in most cases. Meaning any collected data from these Thunderbird blowers (9 years and older) will be useless.

Derrek still has not posted any dyno sheets or pictures of his Kits in finished form. I'm curious to see what really becomes of his hype. Has anyone emailed Derrek for a dyno sheet? He won't post them to the public, but says he will fax or email a sheet on request. I doubt he would send me one but I'm curious to see any numbers at all from this blower combination of his.

Take Care All!!!!

I don't get it!
Old 01-14-2002, 12:39 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

How about this link LOL. God I wish this were on the main list!
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...acing@home.com
Old 01-14-2002, 02:37 AM
Huntley Racing
Racer

The great conspiracy!!! I am actually only looking for one good an old unit but bid on several so I could be sure to 'win' the bidding quickly on one or more since I need one now. I am trying to see what difference if any an older SC has on the fuel mapping requirements. Our kits all are completly 'plug and play' with our injection which means it has to be right not only new but after ten years of use too. Using an old unit is the best way to do this quickly. Many out there would have potential buyers of their products believe that a 30-40 day development time is enough, we on the other hand are a bit more concerned about the long term results from our products. All those getting private e-mails with less than flattering comments from Mr. Anderson about Huntley Racing or me personally, I would appreciate if you could forward those to me so that I may take action on them. Thank you.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:47 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Please Derrek. YOu run around yelling law suit at every one that compares their prodcut against you. Is that your way of improving customer relations?
Old 01-14-2002, 02:49 AM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally posted by John Anderson:
Holly crap, I had to see it to believe it. I sure hope these are for R&D only Lets just hope Derrek does not intend them for sale with his kits! What is he thinking?
According to his response on the main list, he is thinking down the road... trying to determine if an older blower with lower efficiency will need to be accounted for in his MAP sensor programming.
I'd hate to see the practices of one company ruin the hard work and reputation of the others
Don't worry, you are doing a good job of ruining the reputation of SFR all by yourself with these self-serving notes of yours and personal attacks against list members.
There is already enough flaming about the two kits and we do not need this to bring further doubt into the picture.
Then why are you?
Has anyone emailed Derrek for a dyno sheet?
I have, and I have two of them. One from Derrek that I'm not sure I believe, and one provided by Tony G. that looks a lot more plausible, which was based on later testing.
He won't post them to the public
Maybe he's not ready to yet. Did SFR post their dyno sheets ASAP after initial testing on their supercharger kit? Nope, you waited until you were ready and then you made a big deal about waiting.
I'm curious to see any numbers at all from this blower combination of his.
I'll take that as a derogatory comment. Whatever. A positive displacement blower, i.e., "this blower combination," is a lot better on a street car than a centrifugal setup that produces all its boost in the upper rpm bracket.
I don't get it!
We know :-)
Old 01-14-2002, 03:03 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

HI Tom,

How you doing?
Old 01-14-2002, 03:06 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

HI Tom,

How you doing?
Old 01-14-2002, 03:11 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Tom, you believe that huh, about his doing down the road testing....ok.

We posted our dyno sheets, and put our kit out for everyone to see, in more than three pictures. So whats the problem.

We are not the company that has claimed three different HP levels for the kit.

Our kit is on a car, not our car, but a customer car, and soon to be installed by a shop on another car...We have customer testimonial, whats wrong with that?

YOu may not like me, but you stated yourself, you don't believe Huntley, so whats that bashing about? Or is this the same old routine from the mainlist?

Remember, SFR is not cuaght on Ebay trying to buy multiple 10 year old SC units. I know first hand that the unit he is using came from a ford. I know the company that sold it to him, So why would Derrek need to have more of the same unit to test for his mapping?
Old 01-14-2002, 01:47 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Tom,

Maybe you havent noiced but our supercharger makes almost the same amount of torque as the Huntley Racing supoercharger.However, we are giving up a 1/2 liter of displacement and 8 valves.How is that not good for a street car?

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com
Old 01-14-2002, 02:12 PM
TurboTim
Banned

The great conspiracy!!! I am actually only looking for one good an old unit but bid on several so I could be sure to 'win' the bidding
quickly on one or more since I need one now. I am trying to see what difference if any an older SC has on the fuel mapping
requirements.

What does it matter if you are going to use "NEW" units? It doesnt matter.this is just an opportunity for someoen to make more money by buying used componenets and then selling them as new to unsuspecting buyers!

Our kits all are completly 'plug and play' with our injection which means it has to be right not only new but after ten
years of use too. Using an old unit is the best way to do this quickly.

I guess this is why when you where research and developing turbos, you bought them new and direct? Becuase used is better? You dont make sense.Please elaborate.....

Many out there would have potential buyers of their products
believe that a 30-40 day development time is enough, we on the other hand are a bit more concerned about the long term results
from our products.

Is that so? THEN WHY ARE YOU TAKING PRE-ORDERS AS OF JANUARY 1ST??!!!!!!

All those getting private e-mails with less than flattering comments from Mr. Anderson about Huntley Racing or
me personally, I would appreciate if you could forward those to me so that I may take action on them. Thank you.

I would appreciate the same thing from anyone with derrogatory comments from Huntley Racing regarding SFR. We can add it to our evidence folder with all of the other disgruntled Huntley Racing customers letters and photos.

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com

Quick Reply: question for huntley racing