Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1982 Porsche 944 vs. 1981 Datsun 280ZX

Old 01-13-2002, 02:39 AM
Rob Glass
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to Growlink.com as you list on your profile with the big *** picture of grow lights, and plenty of trees under them. You also encourage others to grow their own!!!!!
This offends me because I dont want some pot-head slamming into me one night when I am law abiding. How about others. I just simply want to be safe as possible without any unnecessary impairments such as doped up drivers. That is why I was offended by the encouragement and condoning of the link on your rennlist profile. Thanks a million!!!
Old 01-13-2002, 02:43 AM
Ganja Porsche
Instructor

I'm not encouraging anything, that's my homepage pal. It's what comes up everytime I double click IE.exe, I just put in what the rennlist asked me to when I filled out my profile, if you don't want to go to it, don't. I'm assuming you believe THC is more decision comprimising than alcohol don't you? Hehehehehehehe. This isn't a ganja forum, leave it out.
Old 01-13-2002, 02:51 AM
Rob Glass
Advanced

Ahhhhh!

Bob S it is refreshing to finally hear some accurate information. Your 60 times sound right on. Your right, Porsche has come a long way since the introduction of the 944. As with any brand, 20 years of production usually makes the older cars seem obsolete. If the cars did not change much then you would never want the next model up.
Old 01-13-2002, 02:57 AM
Rob Glass
Advanced

I never would have guessed you were associated with ganja...... just a one in a million guess from your obvious screen name! Why the hell would that come up just out of chance, do any other members happen to have grow lights mysteriously appearing on your home pages????????? Not here!!!!!!!
By the way I never mentioned alcohol chief. Have you seen the ramifications that a conviction will cost you?
Old 01-13-2002, 03:33 AM
Rob Glass
Advanced

Chris 924 has shown his true colors. Takes a little man to threaten someone who is probly bigger than him physically and definately mentally. People seem pretty brave over the computer. If I was Chris, I would not have jumped into someone elses argument full of **** and vinegar.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:49 AM
Tabor
Drifting

Originally posted by booster:
<STRONG>Ganja am I seeing that you have a 82 944, I don't think I have ever seen a 82 944 before I didn't think they came out till 83. </STRONG>
Just to add a little bit of content to this thread, I will respond to this.

The 944 entered production in 1982. It was sold as a 1982 model year for RoW, but a 1983 model year for North America.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:56 AM
Rob Glass
Advanced

Yes Tabor, they claim an extra 15HP I believe in the 82 model. I don't think it was an American spec. car. Thanks for the content by the way!
Old 01-13-2002, 04:04 AM
stupenal
Instructor

Rob Glass, good luck trying to get Craig to meet up with you. I remember Ahmet (over1g) tried to convince Craig to run a race with him (autox style IIRC) but Craig never answered back or I stopped reading that thread. It was in one of those long extensive threads about his 0-60 times and his mods.

While the numbers Porsche released for the 944 were rather conservative (around 8.3 or 8.4) it still would be rather odd to see a 1.5 second drop in the 0-60 with minor mods. I mean, I think the 944s2 with all of its 208 hp (roughly 58 more than the 944na) runs in the high sixes. But then again, the car is heavier, but it also does include the gobs of torque.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:22 AM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Bob S.:
<STRONG>Stoplight Grand Prix driving is for kids with way too much testosterone.</STRONG>

This thread is funny. Whats up craig? How have things been? I never knew that was you. Rob...whats your beef? Bob...funny you (and others) mention drag racing in this thread. On the rx-7 forums, the same thread popped up. Here is a link: http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showthr...5&pagenumber=1
Of course, I don't know of many sub 10 second 944's running on a porsche motor, but there are some valid points brought up in the discussion...mainly, why care how someone else uses and enjoys their car? I was up at the drag strip this summer running the 951, and I saw a couple kids I knew with preludes and civics with several thousand $$$$ of power mods, and none could break 14 and a half seconds in the 1/4 mile...I did that on my first run ever at the drag strip, with a car only having a $300 mod put on by the previous owner. Well...read over that thread...there are some valid points brought up about enjoying what you have the way you like. I drag race my 951, I autocross it, I hope to track it a few times this year, and I will every once in a while illegally race people if I know I endanger no one else. Its fun, and I enjoy it. I don't appreciate people telling me how not to enjoy my car, and I am sure most other people don't appreciate it either. Thats my take on it anyways...even if you drive a geo metro, enjoy it the best you can.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:29 AM
Rob Glass
Advanced

Yes Stupenal, I agree with you there.
Also, when you do mods to your car, you sometimes can even slow it down. Boxter listed quarter mile times slower than stock in an article I read about different high line exaust systems. I have also read some dyno results that nullified any claims that a KN filter increases HP. The most measurable change was the increase in dirt flow per cubic inch. Some mods simply change around the power band, but do not increase the HP at stock max HP by more than a few HP net gain. As I said before have the car dynoed stock first, and then again after your mods. You can see a complete HP to TRQ
graph that will quantify your results. I get irritated when assumptions are made with no hard proof(hence the above thread!) Has anyone actually ever been to a dyno machine?
You know that crank and wheel HP vary.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:48 AM
chris924
Track Day

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But just in case, I'll quote you for clarity: "Takes a little man to threaten someone who is probly bigger than him physically and definately mentally" Re-read my post and answer me this, WHEN DID I EVER THREATEN YOU? I await your informed answer!
THEN answer me this, what does "probly" mean Rob? Here I'll answer: probly

Chris
"Showing my true colors"

Originally posted by Rob Glass:
<STRONG>Chris 924 has shown his true colors. Takes a little man to threaten someone who is probly bigger than him physically and definately mentally. People seem pretty brave over the computer. If I was Chris, I would not have jumped into someone elses argument full of **** and vinegar.</STRONG>
Old 01-13-2002, 05:08 AM
chris924
Track Day

Thanks for the unsolicited email Rob, I actually read this AFTER reading your post, so I guess you really don't care if I drag this back on the board . . .

Remember these were sent a couple of hours BEFORE Rob's post directed to me, that he posted @ 2:33(see above)

robg860@yahoo.com
Hey bud you said some pretty rude **** to me on the board. I didnt direct anything to you personally, but I am now. You can take every word of that comment and shove it up your ***!!!!!!!! Now we can drop it, or you can mail me back, but I will not degrade you on the board ok. If you need to settle something with me, then let me know, you have my email now. Thanks
NOTE: I never responded, nor have I emailed Rob directly as I had no chance, I wasn't home earlier.

robg860@yahoo.com
read your post again and was really offended, and felt like I really needed to say go **** yourself. You said i was ****ed. Man, you bring that to my face and We'll have World War 3. Its easy to be a ***** on the computer like you. If I hear one more word like that I will insist that we get together.
Now, normally this is really bad form to post email but Rob, YOU not ME took this WAY too far! I never said you were ****ed. I made a conditional statement not unlike this one: Again, I'll quote for clarity: "Do your parents smoke ganja with you? See you on Jenny Jones soon" If you cannot see the underlying parallels, well, re-read ALL the posts again. Rob, the only reason I jumped in was you were abusing lots of people, I felt I had something to say. And Rob, if you think for a moment that I wouldn't tell you "Rob, you are an ***" to your face, you are mistaken.

Chris
Old 01-13-2002, 12:12 PM
Ganja Porsche
Instructor

I just hardly glanced over these topics, but of course I never met up w/ over1g. I had just turned 16. I just turned 17 Nov. 13 it's not like a road trip at my discretion or planning is allowable. If you want to come to Decatur, AL 35603 then be my guest bud, I'll meet you ANYWHERE in town, peace out. Yall keep bringing up old ****, shut the fahk up bi.tches. I ONLY POSTED WHAT THE MOTHERF*CKING GTECH TOLD ME. OK?! So go F*CK yourself! I'm so sick of you b*tches talking 'bout sh%t, I left this board for a long time for this very reason, GAY @$$ owners who like to say "well this doesn't seem to add up" !S!H!U!T! !T!H!E! !F!U!C!K! !U!P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALWAYS TOLD THE TRUTH, I NEVER 'CHEATED' the gtech to my knowledge, I always ran my times BOTH ways, and just wrote down on a pad what it DISPLAYED OK?! ENOUGH with this thread already, Rob, let's put it this way I am tough over the computer and in real life you DO NOT want this b.itch I will F.uck you up beyond your wildest imagination, I'm one SICK individual so I suggest you WATCH WHAT YOU F.UCKING SAY. Bitch is gon' make me Violate my probation... Now i'm sure you'll have a quite mellow and witty comment to reply to all this to make yourself loook mature and controlled........F.UCK you, you're not clever, I've had enough.... Just keep talking while I **** back.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:54 PM
Bob S. 1984 Silver
Pro

Hey guys.....

This is getting a bit severe for the old guy.

How about a nice game of checkers to cool things off?

Bob S. (sadly watching people self destruct)
Old 01-13-2002, 01:32 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great, Now we have 2 Craigs, and the "adult" one wants to travel almost 1000 mi to beat the crap out of a minor. Proof that adulthood isn't an age .

EDIT:
4. Prohibited Conduct
You agree that you will not use Rennlist's Service to transmit, disseminate or upload:

(1) unlawful, harassing, libelous, tortious, abusive, threatening, or obscene communications of any kind, or materials which infringe or violate any third party's copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other proprietary or property right, or that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulation; or, that are otherwise objectionable, including without limitation, content that contains blatant bigotry, racism, or hatred, or that promotes illegal activities or physical harm against anyone;

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1982 Porsche 944 vs. 1981 Datsun 280ZX