Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why ??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 08:27 PM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, I'll toss in another $.02 worth...

My '88 944 na stayed stock except for chip, K&N, and 12-disc changer. The 968 has a K&N, changer, & a set of Cup sway bars.

In '97 I sold the '80 Toyota 4x4 pickup I'd had since new, and bought a low-miles '95 4x4 SR5 V-6 5-spd. X-cab with all the goodies.. PS, AC, cruise, etc.

Since then, I've added a Warn M8000 winch, 31x10.50 tires, fatter front sway bar in hard bushings, Bilsteins, ARB air locker (rear only), Air Lifts, Warn hubs, 12-disc CD, altimeter, compass, etc....

Dang it, it's _fun_ to customize your vehicle to fit your own needs....

My truck mods have -nothing_ to do with economics...I've got exactly the truck I want (OK, maybe less headers & a few engine mods, all omitted for reliability). If & when I do the 968 into a 944, it'll be because it's what _I_ want, not because anybody else does, or because it's gonna make me money... but I can probably sell my 968 for more than the project will cost...

Jim, ramblin' on....
Old 10-25-2001, 10:32 PM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(Another song.... it's like a SICKNESS....)

Chuh chuh chuh chuh Changes!
Turn and face the strange
Chuh chuh chuh changes...
Open up that hood and pop a new box in there!
Chuh chuh chuh chuh Changes!
Turn and face the strange
Chuh chuh chuh changes...
A couple more horsies might make her go better...

Time may change me; but I can't waste-gate...

(.....oh.... my head.... where am I?)

Thaddeus
Old 10-26-2001, 12:21 AM
Tabor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thaddeus,

What is with the new found Musical talent? Not that I want you to stop, I am just curious.

Also, out of curiousity, do you praise, or do you confess?
Old 10-26-2001, 12:46 AM
Craig944
Banned

"so they can see the badge" They don't care pal. A supra TT is going to rip yours and anyones 944/951/968 APART with the simple pulling of a hose! They KNOW they're better than you, they know their car is sexier looking, INSIDE AND OUT. Pissing contest? Ok sure, winning is an instinct people like to win, if you act like you don't feel the impulse to race, you're lying. "i'm to mature for it" no you're not, who deemed life so sanctified anyway pal?
Old 10-26-2001, 12:57 AM
Craig944
Banned

I'm sure the whole 'performance for less' is going to come up. Um, let's see a 95 Supra TT with 85K miles on it Great Condition, 20k - NEEDS Nothing!
1987 944 Turbo 85K on it, (will always need something it's a porsche for christs sake). 15K then add the shat you're gunna have to fix from running it up so high to even TRY hanging w/ the supra ANYWHERE. NO shut up, don't talk yet, i'm not done, NO YOU DIDN'T get it for 13k because you didn't count the 'lit'l things on the side' you dished out, just shhhh biast people are naive and retarded, just accept it Porsche's server 0 purpose in everday life/fun/racing/ on the streets. "that's not what I buy them for" ok sure.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:16 AM
Tabor
Drifting

I don't know where you live, but where I live '87 944 Turbos go for $7-9,000
Old 10-26-2001, 06:14 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Hey Manning

Originally posted by Manning:
Adrian is missing the fact that in a lot of parts of the US we are not as limited or governed regarding what we do to our cars and what we have to report to the insurance company. In the UK, he has to let the insurance company know when he farts in the car so that they change his policy.

True, if it effects performance or enhances the car (so it's more stealable), a body kit is not a problem neither is upgrading to standard Recommended wheels.

Chip's yes, certainly if you put a chevy block in as well.

Some mod's you wont need to pay any extra, some yes. If you don't advise your insurance and your in a prang worst case is no payout to either party. Least case the parts damaged will only be replaced by stock issue bits.

He also has to fix every last thing on his car before MOT will update his registration.
Not entirly true, if a cat's been removed on a post 89 car then yes. But anything "modified" on a car which fails an MOT is usually illegal anyway, such as tinted front windows, track exhaust's etc.

Cost of modding (a really wild one) for insurance can be almost the same again and usually with certain usage restrictions
Old 10-26-2001, 06:41 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Originally posted by Craig944:
"so they can see the badge" They don't care pal.

Of course your entitled to your opinion's, most ppl who say they don't care, don't 'cos they 'aint got. Pal

A supra TT is going to rip yours and anyones 944/951/968 APART with the simple pulling of a hose!

Like the man in the film said "quite frankly my dear,I don't give a damn". Most ppl who drive like iisht head's are uesaully going to kill themselves and take other ppl with them

They KNOW they're better than you, they know their car is sexier looking,

That's always going to be personal thing and I ain't going down that road, so talk to the hand 'cos the face 'aint listening

INSIDE AND OUT. Pissing contest? Ok sure, winning is an instinct people like to win, if you act like you don't feel the impulse to race, you're lying. "i'm to mature for it" no you're not,

I don't actually, got that (street draggin' first of the lights seeing what my top speed racing everything that moved) out of my system a L-O-N-G time ago. Put me on a track that might be different, put me on a video game that might be different.

I don't feel the need to impress any ricer or boy racer., burn ups and racing, burns petrol and wears out parts, and is likely to get you a ticket.

When you know what you've got you don't need to proove a thing.

who deemed life so sanctified anyway

To set apart for sacred use.
To make holy.
To give religious sanction to.
To give social or moral sanction to.
To make productive of holiness or spiritual blessing.

Oh that's way to easy, JC my friend JC

pal?
Oh just wanted to clear up one thing;
"I a'int your pal, I 'aint your buddy, I a'int your brother neither"

Word
Old 10-26-2001, 06:44 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

<STRONG>I'm sure the &lt;blurb all snibbed out&gt;
ok sure.</STRONG>
Try reading my post again little boy
Old 10-26-2001, 07:22 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<STRONG>I'm sure the whole 'performance for less' is going to come up. Um, let's see a 95 Supra TT with 85K miles on it Great Condition, 20k - NEEDS Nothing!
1987 944 Turbo 85K on it, (will always need something it's a porsche for christs sake). 15K then add the shat you're gunna have to fix from running it up so high to even TRY hanging w/ the supra ANYWHERE. NO shut up, don't talk yet, i'm not done, NO YOU DIDN'T get it for 13k because you didn't count the 'lit'l things on the side' you dished out, just shhhh biast people are naive and retarded, just accept it Porsche's server 0 purpose in everday life/fun/racing/ on the streets. "that's not what I buy them for" ok sure.</STRONG>
And you've owned a supra TT, right? So you know what maintenence costs are involved, right?
And a supra TT can out handle a 951, right? Thats a laugh.
How is a Porsche not good for everyday life or fun? My car is a helluva a lot of fun everyday...and so far has been a great daily driver. It's not the car
s fault you broke it trying to install an MSD...
As far as racing goes...a 951S is plenty to beat most anything on the streets...then go ahead and take it to the track...ah the track...
Oh and don't forget the feel of the Porsche vs. Supra TT or any japanese sports car available in the USA for that matter...
Old 10-26-2001, 08:54 AM
Craig944
Banned

suuuuuurrrreeeeeee it's fun, I own a 944, they are cool cars, but um you get owned by anyone on the road, and yes you do care STFU.
I rarely post here anymore because of the ridiculous Porsche community, so many hypocritical appearance conscious a$$holes.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:40 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

I was talking about a 951S and if you think most cars on the road will own a 951S, then you need to be shown what a 951S can do.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:49 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
...the ridiculous Porsche community, so many hypocritical, appearance conscious a$$holes.
Oh my G-d Craig, I actually agree with you about that!!! I cannot get over what snobs some of the folks on this list are. For crying out load, it's just a car. I don't care if it is a Porsche or as some many look down their nose at, some "riced out" Japanese model. And for the most part, our cars are the econo model for crying out load.

I like my car because it is fun to drive, fun to mess around with (mod). It has nothing to do with the badge, and if there was a point to it I would de-badge all around.

Do what you like with your car, put all the engine mods or body work on it that makes you happy. Just don't tell me my car is no good because it's not like yours.
Old 10-26-2001, 02:40 PM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

This topic is setting too many people off. I think we all need to just lighten up. Porsche is not a religion or . They are like everything else in life, what you make of it, conversion pun intended.

I own higher output cars than my 944, Like My 240 hp 1700lb VW kit car for example. 0-60? Just think weight ratio. But I'm not a "race/rice boy" so I wouldn't know. Why did I do it? Because My dad and I thought it would be fun & because we could. Why am I hopping up a Porsche? Guess... I'm a tinkerer at heart. If you can't relate to the answer Adrian then leave it at that. You keep at this because you are trying to win a verbal pissing contest. No better than those you accuse, just a different playing field. There really is no right answer or wrong. Preference, Just as you told Craig that a supra TT is only better in his mind, I think not modding these cars is only "common sense" and "simple economics" in your mind. You see a nice porsche as an altar or totem worthy of worship, I see a junkyard as feild of potential treasures greater than what they were in there former life. To each his/her own. Even If I agreed with you would it stop me from doing what I am?... Face it even stock porsche 944's aint cheap, You have to be alittle ecentric to buy one in the first place. Lets all just agree to disagree and get back on topic, I've got a 968 engine waiting on me.
Old 10-26-2001, 02:58 PM
keith
Drifting

Adrian - is that a "modification" on your hood? Why on earth would you want to do that?

Quick Reply: Why ??????