Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Rage hits again!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 05:24 PM
Andrew
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Road Rage hits again!!!!!

Yesterday My brother and i were on our way to partsheaven when on the freeway (880) there was a Jetta (with all the standard mods that don't even work, "just show no go"). Anyway, i look over at them and i was just looking at the car, no faces or anything and then turned my attention elsewhere. This somehow pissed them off. (they were looking for trouble) we were just riding normal went all of the sudden one of the passengers threw something at us. It hit the window with a loud sound and we were both caught off guard and surprised. Then they were mouthing all sorts of profanities. We were in awe and couldn't believe it! I got his plate and called it in and the guy behind me said he saw it so he gave us his name as a witness. No damage but, sheesh, can't people just calm down a bit on the road rage? Is there no sanity to all this madness?
Old 02-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow! Im' sorry there are so many stupid people out there
Old 02-01-2002, 05:28 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Man, stuff like that makes me sick. Isn't there enough crap going on in the world today? I've never understood that whole "looking for trouble" mentality. For all they knew, you were admiring their car, and they should have taken it as a complement. Give yourself a pat on the back for keeping your cool.
Old 02-01-2002, 06:04 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Do that in Kentucky and you get shot. I am not one for guns, but in that case, wanding a 9mm in the window would make them go away.

Some people I just don't understand.
Old 02-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Perry,

I know you were just kidding about waving a gun, but I wanted to point out what a bad idea that is so all the young folks on the board will know better.

I used to be an NRA-certified defensive handgun instructor. One of the first things we learned in training was that if you are going to carry a gun, know how to use it and understand that the only time you ever whip it out in anger is to kill someone (in self-defense). I have a long and really gross story about why you never pull out a gun to "scare" or shot to injure.

I also used to work in a gun shop and cannot tell you the number of times I had some nebbish house wife come in and tell me she wanted to buy a gun so she could show it to an intruder to scare them off. Honestly, that is only going to **** of the person you intend to scare and they are a) going to take the gun from you and b) kill you with it after they do take it from you. I would tell these folks to go home and would refuse to sell them a weapon of any sort.

I now work with a guy who, back in the 70's, flashed a knife at some guy who pissed him off in traffic. At the next light the guy got out of his car and walked up and attempted to shot the guy I work with.

Sorry about the rant.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:16 PM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

HEHE, This was back when I had to borrow the mazda mpv work van. Me and about 8 or 9 buddies were headed to the pool hall (all in the van) when some redneck with two buddies and two trashy girls in an old volvo try to RACE me (wtf!?!?!). So I just look at them and laugh. Thenthey satr tail gating me (bad move), yelling at the window, opening the door in some feable attempt to dent the van etc. So I follow them and signal for them to pull over (I showed them my my fist and called them many names actually). So they pull over in front of us and these three redneck bitches step out. Thats when the Van doors open and a bunch of angry testosterone fuelled teenage guys flood out. The rednecks could not believe it. We start over to them and they booked it so fast one of the guys almost fell out cause the cramped rear (fat *** girls) prevented him from closing the door....punks.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Tom
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know Volvo is part of Ford but I didn't think rednecks drove "furrin" cars.

You and your friends might have been the ones surprised if the "rednecks" or their girls pulled out their guns (or were you in more civilized Canada where those things don't happen?)
Old 02-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

"furrin" cars?? I'm not too sure what those are. As far as rednecks here in Canada go, We have the tame version. Just like everything else Canada and the States have in common. Our stuff is always the lame version .
Old 02-01-2002, 07:59 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

"furrin" = foreign in hill-billy talk.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:26 PM
2coupes
Advanced

You did the right thing,it's hard sometimes not to retaliate with another stupid act against an obvious one but that's where brains overcome tostesterone. Good on ya man!! Jim H.
Old 02-02-2002, 12:48 AM
*Rothmans*
Instructor

Lightbulb

Just a thought, but it seems to be a phenomenon that if you drive a Porsche:
a) people stare at you
b) people think you have an attitude because you drive a fancy car. (doesn't matter if it's a "lowly" 83 944)
c) people with "lesser" cars may have inferiority complexes.

We all have a story of some goon cutting us off or flipping us the bird or whatever.
I kind of think it comes with Porsche car ownership.
Hey, drive safe and don't let stuff like that get you pumped. Either slow down or step on the loud pedal to get off at the next exit. No need for sword fighting with our cars as testosterone fueled extensions of our peppies.... hahahaha

FWIW
Old 02-02-2002, 12:49 AM
*Rothmans*
Instructor

Lightbulb

Just a thought, but it seems to be a phenomenon that if you drive a Porsche:
a) people stare at you
b) people think you have an attitude because you drive a fancy car. (doesn't matter if it's a "lowly" 83 944)
c) people with "lesser" cars may have inferiority complexes.

We all have a story of some goon cutting us off or flipping us the bird or whatever.
I kind of think it comes with Porsche car ownership.
Hey, drive safe and don't let stuff like that get you pumped. Either slow down or step on the loud pedal to get off at the next exit. No need for sword fighting with our cars as testosterone fueled extensions of our peppies.... hahahaha

FWIW
Old 02-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I seem to have bad luck with people in SUV's wanting to race me, pass me, cut me off, or whatever. It's almost never the guys in performance coupes of other makes... I ignore the SUV clowns and drive in obey-the-law/accident avoidance mode.

Thaddeus
Old 02-02-2002, 03:28 PM
justin
Three Wheelin'

Well I got one too,it kinda goes with the (some people have an inferiority complex) I was parked in front of a groecery store waiting on my girlfriend, in nobody's way minding my own buisness, and this old man came buy in this old as hell station wagon with missing paint and no hub caps,anyway I didn't even stare or anything, anyway he parked his car and got out,and started towards the store,when he walked by my car he said (you belong to the ***** club) and I said, what! (I had my window half rolled up and radio on a little,but I could hear that he said something smart ***) anyway he kept walking to the store,I yelled ,why don't you come back and say that to my face! Well he didn't even turn around,just kept walkin.I'm glad he didn't say that to me on a bad day,lol Might have said or done something I would regret.
Old 02-03-2002, 06:40 AM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

First of all I was drivin a van. Why on earth would he want to race????? I also get that stupid suv/van complex crowd that thinks it is nice to cut me off in my p-car.

2coupes; what gives?

Quick Reply: Road Rage hits again!!!!!