Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed a new door card and now the window is off track

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Texbuckeye
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed a new door card and now the window is off track

Hey guys,

I got a door card today from Oklahoma Foreign and after installation I rolled down the electric window and the window came off the track. Did I do something wrong?

How do I get it back on the track?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you most likely need is a Window Regulator Roller Repair Kit from Rennbay.com look in the Interior Accessories. The arm will slide off the track if the plastic has broken, which most have already.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Texbuckeye
Racer

Default Update to the window problem

Okay,
I took the door panel off, the window had come out of the the rails on the sides but I am a newbie and didn't realize it at first. Anyway I managed to get the rollers from the regulator back in the metal piece attached to the bottom of the window. When I raised it it went up but when I lowered it the window glass came out of the metal frame that connects with the rollers. So I decided to pull the whole thing out clean and reseal/glue it back on. Then I started thinking about how hard it was to get back on those rollers and I think the reason it was so hard to get back was that the frame had slid on the glass. Putting it out of position.

I had time to clean up the parts and then my wife made me go to the movies with her. Zero dark 30 is intense by the way. When we got home I decided I would google it to see what I find. My rollers look very different from the ones in the videos and pictures of replacement rollers. So I took a picture. Can I clean and replace or is this going to be a temporary fix the way it must have been for the previous owner?

My next step is to take the door panel off on the other door and check that out.

I know some of you guys have dealt with this issue and can give me some help. I think I may have to go over to the 928 board for some help.
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Brad I may have one, and I'm sure Roger has one in stock. I'll check for you if you don't get a hold of him first.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Texbuckeye
Racer

Regulator/motor new ordered from Roger for $160, Thank you Sean and Roger!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

As above, Porsche 944 Window Regulator Roller Repair Kit from Rennbay
http://www.rennbay.com/porsche-944-w...d4ec3856c3a07e

Wouldnt be a silly idea to do the one you just bought.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Texbuckeye
Racer

I wish one of the prior owners had used that kit. Instead they drilled out the stud and created their own roller that was sliding up and down. It was bound to come out of the track with that roller. I am fixing it right.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Texbuckeye
Racer

Default Window regulator broke

The plastic piece that fits into the slot in the window frame broke while we were putting it in. Apparently it was fragile.

I could send it back and get another one and that could happen again so I just ordered the Rennbay kit.
Attached Images   
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Texbuckeye
Racer

New regulator successfully installed. We found out the directions were pretty useless. Apparently the regulator was in shipping configuration. When we powered it up and opened up the scissors we were able to easily slip into the window frame slots and slide the regulator over to put in the wholes. Now the window is working perfectly.

Quick Reply: Installed a new door card and now the window is off track