Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Jumper Line

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:45 AM
sweetskillsrk
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Lart, I hadn't seen those hoses, they must've been before my time. They look great though, both quality and appearance.

Ok, finally my last update...My weekends have been very busy and I haven't been able to get around to taking care of this, however, last weekend I built and installed the hose. I'll get pictures in the next few days for everyone, but what I ended up doing was having to route the hose from the fuel damper towards the back of the engine, around the number two intake and then back around to the side of the fuel rail. The hose itself is 17 inches long, but with the couplings we're probably talking an overall total of 19-20 inches. I was really afraid that having to make the hose so much longer would cause a problem with the fuel pressure, but I've been running it for a week and its worked great! I've done highway driving, spirited driving, and city driving and I haven't had any problems at all. Really the only difference is that the hose holds a little more fuel than the other one; there aren't any fuel pressure issues. Anyway, this hose has one wire braid in it and is rated to 1500 psi, which I realize is a massive overkill but I like that it has wire in it and it's going to be much hardier than the all-rubber hose. This hose and all genuine CAT branded parts and I can guarantee the legitimacy of the hose, but if any of you have questions feel free to ask. If anyone is interested in one, PM me and we'll work out a price and I'll ship it to you UPS Ground. I'll post up pictures hopefully today.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed new genuine jumper. Exact appearance, fit, and 80's rubber. Cost $70 and took 10 minutes.

Quick Reply: Fuel Jumper Line