Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connor's Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 11:58 AM
szabon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connor's Day

I wanted to put awareness of this out there. If you are a regular on Jalopnik, you probably saw the article of the English father who's son has less than a month to live because of a brain tumor. Long story short, he posted on a Subaru forum that he would like to put on a car show for his son, as his son loves cars. The post is here:

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-g...ease-help.html

I have a small web design company, Interlife Designs, and we are putting together a free site for Connor (the son). www.connorsday.com It will showcase the car show (over 400 cars so far) as well as allow those that can't make it (England on Sept 8th) a chance to post a pic/vid of their car and a note to Connor.

Right now the website just has a quick splash page while we actually build it. If you want to post a pic/vid/note on the site, email us at webmaster@interlifedesigns.net We are going to keep the pic/vid/note submissions like this as the father does not want Connor to find out about his illness. He wants his son to just have a blast.

I wanted to get the word out there, so please pass along the message. Let's make this kid's day!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:48 PM
hopps
Instructor

Another quick note, I posted this on Jalopnik, but just so others here know: If you do attend, please do not mention anything about Connor's condition. Connor is under the impression that he is just feeling unwell, and does not know the whole story. I wish I could go. Another side note, Alex Roy (Team Polizei/Drive Channel/Cross continental Record) will be attending in either Chris Harris' Ferrari 599 or a Morgan 3-wheeler. I'm sure many other nice looking cars will be there as well as noteable car journalists/enthusiasts.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:53 PM
szabon
Racer

Yes. This is why we are only letting people submit photos and notes and such via email, instead of automatic submission. It will let us really make sure nothing gets on the site that could hurt...
Old 09-02-2012, 12:57 PM
szabon
Racer

Originally Posted by hopps
Another quick note, I posted this on Jalopnik, but just so others here know: If you do attend, please do not mention anything about Connor's condition. Connor is under the impression that he is just feeling unwell, and does not know the whole story. I wish I could go. Another side note, Alex Roy (Team Polizei/Drive Channel/Cross continental Record) will be attending in either Chris Harris' Ferrari 599 or a Morgan 3-wheeler. I'm sure many other nice looking cars will be there as well as noteable car journalists/enthusiasts.
And are you saying your Travis from Jalopnik? Do you think you could put an update on Jalopnik pointing people to the site and letting people know they can submit things to put on the site?
Old 09-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Don't know if I would have it in me to hide a deadly condition from my son..

Hope the show is a huge success.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 PM
hopps
Instructor

Originally Posted by szabon
And are you saying your Travis from Jalopnik? Do you think you could put an update on Jalopnik pointing people to the site and letting people know they can submit things to put on the site?
Oops, sorry. I can see how that could easily get confused. It was a comment I posted, and a couple hours later they made the update on their site containing that info.. I could definitely try it again though lol.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:54 PM
szabon
Racer

Ah. I got excited. I sent Jalopnik an email with the update. We'll see tomorrow if they read it...
Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

So sad. Reminds us to take nothing for granted.

It's great to hear he's getting his own day though. I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Such a sad story, I hope he does love the his show.

szabon I'm going to send you an email.

The family must be going through such a hard time. They have my condolences.

All have a great holiday!

Take care!

Last edited by FrenchToast; 09-03-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: .
Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
szabon
Racer

Looking forward to the email.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Bump for a great initiative szabon is putting together.

Attached is something I've created for him.

Take care!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Connor's Day