Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 951 owner here... introducing myself!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What's the color, garnet red??
Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Quattropower88
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
What's the color, garnet red??

Wow. Sorry everyone -- I am still getting used to vB forums after using KawF, which tracks activity on your posts (I'm sure this option is somewhere on here as well and will look for it)

Damian, the color is Maraschino Red (L Y3 V)

Again, thank you for the warm welcome and an UPDATE on what my buddy and I found:

- The oil leak ended up being the Cam Tower housing gasket which I got replaced and then it revealed other smaller leaks...

- After a THOROUGH cleaning of the entire engine, I discovered that the leak happened to be red -- Ahaa! ATF aka Power Steering fluid. Ordered the rebuild kit for the pump.. and will fix that this weekend.

- The steering rack is also on its last legs so I am sourcing one soon and will replace this.

-Motor mounts are shot. This should alleviate the vibrating cabin, especially under low revs.

-Hot start issue-- which is easily fixed by wiggling some wires behind the IM, but will look into it more later.

OVERALL -- Happy with the purchase (knocks on wood) as the paint and interior are in excellent shape. Once these mechanical repairs are addressed, it'll be real nice!

More Pics: I love this thing!

Anddd... Ashtray delete, with iPod connector to Alpine headunit -- May route this to the Cassette deck instead for a cleaner look....

Last edited by Quattropower88; 05-09-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: edited color

Quick Reply: New 951 owner here... introducing myself!