Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone painted/restored their interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:04 PM
chichas01
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Butters944
Btw I really don't like that gun print. Looks tacky and a little RICER
ditto that.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
944Newb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Butters944
Btw I really don't like that gun print. Looks tacky and a little RICER
I really dont like mismatched front bumpers Let me clarify "ricer" for you: http://www.ricehatersclub.com/images/RiceInterior.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...ayinterior.jpg

Maybe you havent heard of rogue status or gun show yet. If i dont find any fabric or vinyl i wont be using the gun show print. Im personally more into "JDM" cars and if you dont know what that is google it. But this car isnt jdm, so ill have to have the best of both world.

Im going to order some SEM black paint for sure, not sure if ill be able to really wrap the door panel .. Id like to wrap below the panel of the window switches on each side but with the door panels being one piece that might not work.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
944Newb
Rennlist Member

Dont tell me this forum is full of old school 80's guys, i kind of saw this coming.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:38 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 944Newb
I really dont like mismatched front bumpers Let me clarify "ricer" for you
He is 16 and i doubt he picked that out.

Im not really a fan of the gun print... its not ricer because its not showy... but its about as tasteful as naked women mudflaps

refreshing the stock look will improve the ability to sale, adding things like that will turn buyers off. But its your car and your money. Have fun.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
944Newb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by plumbum
how bad is the interior pieces of your car? There are a few people who have updated different parts of there interiors on here. I kinda like the old school interior but I am 20 years older than you and remember drooling over these cars when new.

An option for changing the interior colour could be a new dash cover and seat covers...My dash was cracked and the seats were solid but the leather was very hard.

I purchased my dash cover at Classic 9...it looks great...there is also a stiching around the cluster opening which updates the look.
http://www.928leather.com/Dashboard,...el_Covers.html

Here are some picks...i was not a fan of the brown when I got my car but love it now!

The dash is cracked a little, looks like it has some heat wave to it too. Ill probably just replace that and paint all the other pieces. This car is my daily driver in the chicago area so it will mainly see cold seasons (snow and cold being one right now) because when spring/summer comes that is when my avatar pic comes out. That being said, the interior will see some nasty weather and doesnt need to be perfect, but just a little class.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
944Newb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carlege
He is 16 and i doubt he picked that out.

Im not really a fan of the gun print... its not ricer because its not showy... but its about as tasteful as naked women mudflaps

refreshing the stock look will improve the ability to sale, adding things like that will turn buyers off. But its your car and your money. Have fun.
Well thats no fun, if my interior was in as good of shape as the exterior, and if the exterior wasnt repainted, THEN id be concerned about original. So instead, I'll be original.

Whats good.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 PM
carlege
Drifting

Im not really talking about a original interior holding value but more or less keeping it look original. I mean how many people would have taken gun print seriously if porsche offered it? I think it would look great if you decided to do it in black my interior is black and i dont really prefer the red or brown leathers. In fact black might help it sell down the road if you did it correctly and it wore well.

Lots of good suggestions above.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM
944Newb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carlege
Im not really talking about a original interior holding value but more or less keeping it look original. I mean how many people would have taken gun print seriously if porsche offered it? I think it would look great if you decided to do it in black my interior is black and i dont really prefer the red or brown leathers. In fact black might help it sell down the road if you did it correctly and it wore well.

Lots of good suggestions above.

I like black interiors, sometimes tan. If Porsche decided to put gunshow in their cars that would be a joke. But if i can find black vinyl or fabric with charcoal or dark grey gunshow print, and could make it look legit with these door panels I'd definitely do it. Im going black for now everything but the seats/carpet. Eventually I'll buy a black dash and maybe fit some more modern gauges.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Im going to order some SEM black paint for sure
Watch the training video on the web link I posted above and make sure you order the prep products as well. There is a soap and a adhesion enhancer that you should get as well if you want something that will be nice and last.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Dont tell me this forum is full of old school 80's guys, i kind of saw this coming.
If you do use SEM don't go gloss black,go with Satin Black #15253.Once dry gloss black will be way to shiny for your taste I'm sure.Here is a couple pics of before /after of my shifter boot/**** I re-color from(grey to black).Btw I'm old school 70's guy.

Last edited by ernie9468; 02-04-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Trying to get out of the 80s?! That was the last great decade!

Hell, I have a Prince tattoo and lime green RayBans!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:29 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Old 01-19-2012, 05:32 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcquito
Trying to get out of the 80s?! That was 3 decades ago!

Fixed it for you

I have used this product by Showroom New and liked it. It's not a paint but a dye so it doesn't just lay on top but is absorbed onto the vinyl. Great from interiors and amazing on exterior black rubber, it won't fade like paint. No affiliation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110725815650?redirect=mobile
Old 01-19-2012, 06:00 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Marcquito
Trying to get out of the 80s?! That was the last great decade!

Why doesn't that suprise me? (You forgot Regan, MTV that played music.. I can go on...)

Originally Posted by MAGK944
Fixed it for you

I have used this product by Showroom New and liked it. It's not a paint but a dye so it doesn't just lay on top but is absorbed onto the vinyl. Great from interiors and amazing on exterior black rubber, it won't fade like paint. No affiliation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110725815650?redirect=mobile
For the fix.. you sir SUCK!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ernie9468
If you do use SEM don't go gloss black,go with Satin Black #15253.Once dry gloss black will be way to shiny for your taste I'm sure.Here is a couple pics of before /after of my shifter boot/**** I re-color from(grey to black).Btw I'm old school 70's guy.
What I used to change the color of the 968 Door Panels I bought. Used the SEM soap and the surface adhesion promotor beforehand. Worked really well. Do not try the Glossy if you want OEM look.

Quick Reply: Has anyone painted/restored their interior?