Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caliper & Strut Color Survey

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
brandonvalentine
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliper & Strut Color Survey

Howdy,

I've got a new Paragon Koni cup kit on the way for fitment on my '88 924S and I'm curious about paint colors for the struts & calipers, which I'd like to paint in a matching color while I have the wheels and suspension off the car.

The coilovers will be coming in with Koni Yellow inserts, red spring perch sleeves, and dark blue Hypercoils. My car is Nile Green Metallic, and I'm a little worried about what the yellow will look like against the dark green. Right now the car has phonies that cover everything up pretty well, but I plan to upgrade the wheels in the future and it'll make everything a lot more visible.

Anyone have yellow calipers and struts on a dark green car and have a photo? Alternative suggestions?

I'm considering doing both in a gold color -- think it would match the green well, but that leaves me with the decision of whether I leave the Koni inserts or paint them gold as well. Is it total blasphemy to paint a pair of Koni "yellows" some other color?

And before you tell me to ignore the color, get in the car and drive. I drive the hell out of this car, every single day. =) But the looks still matter to me.

Cheers,

Brandon
Old 01-17-2012, 06:05 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Once the car is lowered on the ground you won't see the struts so suggest you go with black caliper /white lettering on a dark green car.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonvalentine
...Is it total blasphemy to paint a pair of Koni "yellows" some other color?
They have to be yellow or they are not real Koni's, just like British cars have to be green, French-blue and German-white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#National_list

Originally Posted by ernie9468
Once the car is lowered on the ground you won't see the struts so suggest you go with black caliper /white lettering on a dark green car.
+1 Black goes with everything, just ask my girlfriend and I must enthuse with black calipers and white lettering because that is what I have:

Old 01-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like red calipers.

Goes faster too.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM
brandonvalentine
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MAGK944
They have to be yellow or they are not real Koni's, just like British cars have to be green, French-blue and German-white.

+1 Black goes with everything, just ask my girlfriend and I must enthuse with black calipers and white lettering because that is what I have:
Well, the Koni FSDs, which are not available for our cars (AFAIK) are gold... The black does look really nice. However, I have a brown interior, which has so far kept me away from black. Gold/bronze is appealing because it would match both the interior and exterior.

Originally Posted by Dougs951
I like red calipers.

Goes faster too.
Haha! If I'm going that route I'll need a wing and a non-functional NACA duct....in red.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Red is good

Old 01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
944meister
Pro

Red and green are complementary colors which doesn't necessarily mean they will look good together, but they will intensify eachother. However I think the slight dark neutrality of the Nile green would look good with red calipers and black wheels as posted above.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:06 AM
brandonvalentine
6th Gear

I gotta say after seeing this photo:

from this thread, I think I might be sold on the gold color. I think I'll just do the struts and calipers and leave the Koni inserts yellow so I don't spoil their resale. It'll be hard to see them anyway. And my phonies may end up going somewhere between gunmetal and bronze. I think that'll be a killer combo.

Quick Reply: Caliper & Strut Color Survey