Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark Cable Kits...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 04:55 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, a blast from the past! Yes, I can take care of you, no problem. I replied to both email & PM. Can do tommorrow or Monday & have to you in a few days. Depending on where "long gone...." is.... LOL! :-)
Old 05-20-2012, 02:35 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! I'll let ya know exactly what I need today! I got your email and pm.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:29 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Robby:
Do you have any complete sets available?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:23 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Looks like you're about to get busy again, Robby.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:46 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I returned your email a few hours ago. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 AM
944GT
Intermediate

Default cable kits

Hey Robbie was there ever a up grade for the alt. Voltage regulator from Dans kit?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 PM
951kaos
Advanced

Does anyone know if Robby is still making cable kits? I PM'd and emailed him a couple of days ago, but no reply.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes. He is. at least he was as of about 8 months ago or so. He's probably just busy.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

I'll give him a call later

Last edited by reno808; 03-21-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

THANKS Reno & Ehall!!! Ehall- I found your # a few wks ago- was going to call you. Are you still in need? I never heard back from you? If $ is tight, we can work something out in stages if it would help. Just call me later in the day today or next few days, ok? I'd love to talk w/you anyway, even if you don't want cables.

Reno- how is your kit working now? Did everything work as planned w/the battery relocation? Any adjustments need to be made or anything? I really liked that idea. Its great for anyone who wants to add to an existing front-mount kit. I can do other things to just go straight to rear-mount, but your';s works for those who've already mounted up front.

944GT- I know they're out there, but I've never been able to find a decent price to make it worthwhile- If I get into doing a website, I will continue hunting. They were Transpo units. They shouldn't be more than $25 or so (w/inflation) but I've seen some places asking $60, etc. The stock Bosch is ~$100 usually. The adjustable units are pretty good though & Dan said to keep them set ~14.4 unless you really knew what you were doing. I've had one for awhile & it's been ok, but car has not been driven much.

Kaos- I sure am- sending PM now- sorry I missed you. I have been behind & have missed at least one other recently. I'm wanting to do a small website, but wondering if it's worth it- the thing is, the cars are getting old, so I'm getting fewer inquiries. I think the price has some to do w/it. I often quote the entire kit price at $295 (includes S&H to cont US)- this includes everything to replace & beef up stock cables but also adds an additional ground, hardware, & an additional (supplemental) positive, fused, cable from battery to fuse box. Many people like this cable- fuse adds safety, but I'm not sure how much it really helps & the kit's creator (Dan 'IceShark' Wray) wasn't either. I offer the kit w/out the supp [+] for ~$60 less. That puts entire kit at a much more reasonable $235 (still w/supp ground, etc). Some of these cars are still in excellent condition & deserve the best IMO. I would like to start a website (I have a few other people who've been considering kits for other cars, but are stalling around a little) bu tthen maybe I could go all out & become a small business sponsor, advertise more, etc, but at this rate, I'm only getting ~1 inquiry every 2mo. If a website would help change this, I'd love to start doing more. Anyway, that's the scoop & I thank all of you & The Rennlist, for being such a great people to work with! Below is a list of the entire kit, as it came from Dan- his final price was $349 in 2005 for everything here, except I've added several small things. Keeping the price under $300 has been sort of important to me for several reasons. I'm glad to highlight all changes for anyone who'd like to know, but I do still use the exact same fuses, welding cable, battery clamps, etc, that he did. I've also gone to regular tined copper lugs (the oversized just didn't make sense according to make I've talked with & aren't worth added expense IMO but I CAN still do them). I've changed a few cable lengths due to customer input & having learned many details along the way... Thanks again!

One 1awg main [+] battery to starter (EF)
One 4awg main [+] alternator to starter (EF/F)
One 4awg supplemental [+] from battery to fuse box (EF/F)
One 1awg (2-pc) main [-] battery to ground- (EF on long cable)
One 4awg supplemental ground (EF)
Miscellaneous Hardware, etc
New military spec clamps to attach main cables to battery
All lugs have adhesive-lined heatshrinked
EF = cable is covered w/ExFlex
F = fuse
Old 03-21-2013, 12:16 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robby
THANKS Reno & Ehall!!! Ehall- I found your # a few wks ago- was going to call you. Are you still in need? I never heard back from you? If $ is tight, we can work something out in stages if it would help. Just call me later in the day today or next few days, ok? I'd love to talk w/you anyway, even if you don't want cables.

Reno- how is your kit working now? Did everything work as planned w/the battery relocation? Any adjustments need to be made or anything? I really liked that idea. Its great for anyone who wants to add to an existing front-mount kit. I can do other things to just go straight to rear-mount, but your';s works for those who've already mounted up front.

944GT- I know they're out there, but I've never been able to find a decent price to make it worthwhile- If I get into doing a website, I will continue hunting. They were Transpo units. They shouldn't be more than $25 or so (w/inflation) but I've seen some places asking $60, etc. The stock Bosch is ~$100 usually. The adjustable units are pretty good though & Dan said to keep them set ~14.4 unless you really knew what you were doing. I've had one for awhile & it's been ok, but car has not been driven much.

Kaos- I sure am- sending PM now- sorry I missed you. I have been behind & have missed at least one other recently. I'm wanting to do a small website, but wondering if it's worth it- the thing is, the cars are getting old, so I'm getting fewer inquiries. I think the price has some to do w/it. I often quote the entire kit price at $295 (includes S&H to cont US)- this includes everything to replace & beef up stock cables but also adds an additional ground, hardware, & an additional (supplemental) positive, fused, cable from battery to fuse box. Many people like this cable- fuse adds safety, but I'm not sure how much it really helps & the kit's creator (Dan 'IceShark' Wray) wasn't either. I offer the kit w/out the supp [+] for ~$60 less. That puts entire kit at a much more reasonable $235 (still w/supp ground, etc). Some of these cars are still in excellent condition & deserve the best IMO. I would like to start a website (I have a few other people who've been considering kits for other cars, but are stalling around a little) bu tthen maybe I could go all out & become a small business sponsor, advertise more, etc, but at this rate, I'm only getting ~1 inquiry every 2mo. If a website would help change this, I'd love to start doing more. Anyway, that's the scoop & I thank all of you & The Rennlist, for being such a great people to work with! Below is a list of the entire kit, as it came from Dan- his final price was $349 in 2005 for everything here, except I've added several small things. Keeping the price under $300 has been sort of important to me for several reasons. I'm glad to highlight all changes for anyone who'd like to know, but I do still use the exact same fuses, welding cable, battery clamps, etc, that he did. I've also gone to regular tined copper lugs (the oversized just didn't make sense according to make I've talked with & aren't worth added expense IMO but I CAN still do them). I've changed a few cable lengths due to customer input & having learned many details along the way... Thanks again!

F = fuse
Hey man nice to hear from you. I haven't been able to install the relocation kit yet. So much good stuff going on with car. I should be able to do it in a month or so. I'll post pics and do a small write up for it.

I think for what your kit has to offer at that price point its a give away. I have your entire kit plus the one you made me to relocate the battery and its top notch stuff. I have tons of electronics in my car since i have a standalone, wideband with a few addons, 2 knock monitors, high output lights and few other things. When i have everything turned on you cannot tell that the car is hurting for power at idle. My battery never loses charge even when i have not touched it for 3 weeks in this NY winter. I think you should start a site so people can see what you have to offer. Most people may think why should i spend 300 in cables. I can help you start a site if you would like. Give me a call. Let me know if you need my number.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by reno808
Hey man nice to hear from you. I haven't been able to install the relocation kit yet. So much good stuff going on with car. I should be able to do it in a month or so. I'll post pics and do a small write up for it.

I think for what your kit has to offer at that price point its a give away. I have your entire kit plus the one you made me to relocate the battery and its top notch stuff. I have tons of electronics in my car since i have a standalone, wideband with a few addons, 2 knock monitors, high output lights and few other things. When i have everything turned on you cannot tell that the car is hurting for power at idle. My battery never loses charge even when i have not touched it for 3 weeks in this NY winter. I think you should start a site so people can see what you have to offer. Most people may think why should i spend 300 in cables. I can help you start a site if you would like. Give me a call. Let me know if you need my number.
Agree!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Robby

F = fuse
I think I got taken care of. A Member had a kit either from you or Iceshark, so I grabbed it up for him at a really good price. I haven't has install time yet. I just bought a house, etc. so you know how that goes, but I now have private garage space. Anyway, pm your # and I'll try to give ya a call this weekend.
E
Old 03-21-2013, 01:45 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm down for a kit minus the extra supplemental positive, I'll drop you an email.

Love my man Robby, too bad you don't get paid by the word...
Old 03-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Intrepidagent! Did I miss you way back last May or did you just get to me under dif name? IF I missed you, I'm gonna feel like a complete A$$! PMing you now...

Reno- Got you in my phone- just checked- unless it's changed recently? I'd love to talk w/you. Maybe try ya tomor night or this wkend? I'd love to do a site... I just did some new exc/sol wires for some 968 guys, but it turned out to be more than it was worth I think. Not hearing back but I'm sure out of the 3 or 4, that sev haven't installed yet, despite having been 6mo or more. That's the way these cars are
:-) But the factory exc/sol is prob better bc of that damn specialized plug....

Ehall- let me know if you need any of the old instructins or anything &/or if you're missing anything , etc. Not sure what all you got, but we can talk. I don't blame you a bit for jumping on a deal...

Greg- "paid by the word..." LOL! I'd LOVE that!!! Copy & paste for basic info rules!!! :-)

951Kaos- we've talked by email now & I just sent pics & requested instructions, etc. Thanks for posting the question here. I remembered that I had someone to dig for, but didn't know it'd been quite so long, so I appreciate the reminder. I hate leaving people behind. A simple email or something to let someone know something goes a long way, I think. I try, but sometimes I do mess up... But it looks like we're about ready to go... Thanks!

Quick Reply: IceShark Cable Kits...