Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I adjust this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011 | 01:08 PM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Default How do I adjust this?

How do I straighten this? I searched and didnt find anything,,,,

Old 07-25-2011 | 01:34 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

on both sides of the back of the headlight there are triangle-shaped brackets that the headlight pivots on. they are adjustable in several directions. there are 3 10mm bolts on each one, loosen them and wiggle until the light sits right and then tighten them down again. on one side you will need to get up under the fender, maybe you should remove the fender. on the otherside it may be easier to remove the badge panel so you can see a little better.
Old 07-25-2011 | 01:40 PM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2011 | 02:25 PM
Arominus
Race Car

make sure it doesn't flop around, if it does you might have a broken mount/pivot. I just found my new car has a snapped pivot on the passenger headligh. $27 for a new one from pelican.
Old 07-26-2011 | 03:17 AM
Arominus
Race Car

Ok so i replaced my broken pivot tonight with one from my 924, on the passenger side you do not need to remove the fender, there is a flap that opens in the plastic inner fender well that will give you access to the 3 bolts. The drivers side has the same flap but there was an air duct in there that made it difficult to get to the 3 bolts, I didn't end up messing with it. That said, looking at your pic you should just need to adjust the inner pivot which is accessible, having the header panel out does make it easier but i don't think it would be absolutely required. Grab a 10mm socket and once that pivot is lose move it towards the back of the car and that should fix it. You may need to mess with the headlight aim once your done. Be ready to waste a few hours to get everything adjusted just right Lube all of the *****, and pivots with white lithium while your in there, and make sure the motor isn't binding when the cam is all the way forward, if it is you will need to move the motor and the other main bearing deal to get it right. Also double check the stops on the end of the headlight buckets, I think they should be adjusted so that they use up all of the spring to tension the headlights (im double checking the shop manual on this part), this eliminates headlight bounce when your going down the road.

Man this subject is begging for a good write up.....

Quick Reply: How do I adjust this?