Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake cooling vents

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003 | 09:33 PM
Blackbird
Advanced

It sounds to me like you have sone air in the lines. I agree with posts above that you shouldn't have cooked the fluid that easily from some spirited street driving. The fluid is too new to have accumulated a high water content. I'm wondering if you introduced some air into the lines when you changed the fluid? I would flush the lines before I did anything else.
Old 05-15-2003 | 09:35 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by 944turbo:
<strong>SS brake lines may do the trick .. but it sounds like there is a deeper problem. It does not sound like it is a cooling problem .... dont Fuc^%^ around with brakes.

944turbo</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I wasn't trying to imply that the SS lines would fix the problem. Everybody else had pointed out that it was probably not pushing enough fluid to the brakes, so I decided to add an extra tip instead.
Plus if it's the MC or booster or whatever, he'll probably have to refill the brake system, which is a perfect time to add SS lines.
Old 05-16-2003 | 12:25 AM
Kevin M
Instructor

If you want to get started with your brake ducting project I am selling the forward portion of the O.G brake kit. They are rectangled scoops that mount behind the front bumper and taper back to three inch round. They are designed so that you can hose clamp a three inch hose to them. They are made from black fiberglass and come with mounting brackets. They sit stealthily behind the vents on the front bumper cover. $75. and they are yours.
Kevin
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by jabbadeznuts:
<strong>Last night, after some rather spirited driving, I found that my brkes got so hot that I had the peddle almost to the floor before I stopped. I don't think that it's air or watter in my lines because I bled the system bout a month ago and replaced fluid with ATE Super Blue. I was thinking, why not fabricate some cooling ducts for the brakes? It doesn't seem TOO difficult and would improve cooling. Anybody done this? Anybody have any thoughts?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">

Quick Reply: Brake cooling vents