Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Car parts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Need Car parts!

Hi there!

EDIT: I have purchased an '83 944 N/A, Black/Black

I need to find an inexpensive Driver's side black leather seat, without any major tears. Please let me know if any of you have one available, for cheap. Thanks for your responses in advance! If I need other parts, I'll post them here.

Need so far:
Black leather seat set in decent condition, & inexpensive
black leather shifter boot

3 little black plastic rectangular inserts in front of the shift boot

5/09/03 Update:
Odometer gauge, and or cluster (mine's frozen; will attempt to repair)

6/04/03 Update:
Rubber boot that goes under leather shift boot OUCH, hot when I drive (now I know what driving gloves are for).
Front shock strut inserts; prefer Konis, may race her after all, as stock! But any upgrade right now will do.
Front spoiler; mine's bent at the bottom; pics on my Project: Kijo thread
The parts that go into the top of the windshield washer container; they all broke off.
Exterior black door handles; mine are cracked and fading.

I would like to find the black vinyl covers that go around the rearview mirrows, to have with the bra.

Just remember that I'm on a cheaper budget than most people! But with help I did change the Timing and balance belts, along with the alternator/air cond. belt

- Julie
Old 05-02-2003, 01:35 AM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crud! i have a decent passenger side seat i use as my office chair, sorry bout the useless post , but good luck!

-Michael
Old 05-02-2003, 04:45 AM
tod84944
Drifting

Can't help with the seat. I parted out a 83, so if you need anything else drop me a line.
Todd
toddandcharity@peoplepc.com
Old 05-02-2003, 05:27 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the thought, Michael!

Shift boot! That's the other biggie. I'm also looking for a CD player, but those are cheap, not worried about that. It still has the original Blaupunkt. It's going to be alot of little things, but the guy I'm purchasing the car from has lots of little pieces that I'll go through first.

- Julie
Old 05-02-2003, 05:40 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya might want to check out
<a href="http://www.rennbay.com/seats.html" target="_blank">http://www.rennbay.com/seats.html</a>
if you already have the seat and just want to make it look/feel better.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:45 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Thanks! But the seat bottom is completely gone; passenger seat is really good and comfy! Don't think anyone ever sat in it, heh!

- Julie
Old 05-02-2003, 06:57 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got one that's in good shape except for the 2" worn out spot on the upper bolster which is typical....but by the time you ship to west cost it's probably too expensive.....keep looking...I replaced my seats with tan leather from a 951 in perfect shape for $200 total.....got lucky but looked for about a year.

Trending Topics

Old 05-02-2003, 12:18 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Will the newer (85.5+) seats fit?
Old 05-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Yes, Michelle they will. So, I have a new baby, but she was cheap, and was going to be a parts vehicle, otherwise!

Know of some cheap?

Saved another one from the boneyard.

- Julie
Old 05-02-2003, 04:28 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
I've got a pair of seats out of my parts car. Lemme see what kind of shape they're in.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:31 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Tell us more about the car!
Old 05-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Thanks, Michelle! Please let me know.

She's an '83 944 Black/Black. Just the colors I was looking for, and I am truly thankful for Rennlist; one of the guys online noticed I'd been hunting for awhile, and dropped me a line. He had several 944s, but a parts car that was all black. So, I looked at a red one, a white one, two 951s (I WANT!!! You are right, Michelle: boost baby!). Anyway, I settled on the parts car, before it was disassembled. Saved another one from the junkyard in the sky!

Anyway, she's a little rough around the edges, ie, needs a black leather driver's side seat; there's a passenger one in it?s place right now, but it doesn't work quite right. Kinda threw us around, slid back on acceleration, and blocked the seat belt. The regular passenger side is okay.

She needs a black leather shift boot too, that one is thrashed. Lots of little details, I need to replace alot of little screws, they have corroded (like aluminum does). Also the little caps in the center console, in front of the shift boot, that are rectangular.

The back seat and trunk are really nice, even the carpet; the backseat is one unit, so easier to move than my other 944. Gotta work on the trunk cover, it's jammed. May need to replace that, I just couldn?t move it.

So, it is nicely tinted, too. That makes her really sweet.

Paint is hell, though. The hood has a big section missing, and just before the sunroof. Down to the primer, no rust. Was thinking of using black primer, and filling it in, until I can get a decent paint job. Danno has graciously offered to help me with the paint, if I take her up to Santa Barbara, and has paint for it!

Other than that, and the left front fender, car is nice and straight, carfax report is beautiful. Only 135k original miles. Cookie cutter rims, and she needs new tires, eventually.

The gentleman selling it to me has offered to help me replace the timing belt, rollers, and such, so I can drive her with confidence. I am thinking of getting another waterpump for safety, since all my cars have had that problem (except my other 944). I am picking up the belt to the alternator and the airconditioner tomorrow. Without powersteering, a lot less belts!

Oh, the stereo is original - need another one! I'll have to replace it with a CD player.

She has the original toolbag, with a few pieces still in it. Original plate, which I'm decorating the garage with. My side, hiss at the roommate!
Old 05-03-2003, 02:31 PM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Julie,
Great to hear! I'm sure the Rennlisters will keep you going with parts.

Good luck on your search for SapphireBlue.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Tim Comeau
Racer

We had 2 cars at the last San Diego Autocross that were sapphire blue! Jeff grow's 944-spec car and Bo's 944. Paint code LY5V. Nice color. Julie, I may have some black interior parts you need. They came out of my 924S spec racer. Lemme know.
At your service,
Tim Comeau
Old 05-04-2003, 04:28 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Thanks Michelle_JD, I appreciate it. Just keep me informed on the seats.

Tim, thanks, I'll let you know what else I need!

- Julie

Quick Reply: Need Car parts!