Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HR versus SFR...let's end the mud-slinging!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 06:03 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post HR versus SFR...let's end the mud-slinging!!

How many times do we have to subjected to the same crap? I personally feel pretty neutral about both SFR and HR. John Anderson has always been very helpful and friendly on the phone, and he and Tim obviously know a lot about our cars.

Derrek has also been helpful on the phone, and I've spent several thousand dollars at HR for my turbo, MAF, gauges, controllers, wastegate, i/c pipes, etc. I haven't always been entirely happy with HR. Delivery generally seems slow, and I had to get the i/c pipes customized to make them fit. However, I am extremely happy with the results, as my car recently put down 325rwhp at 18psi of boost, and I'm sure I could have hit 340rwhp if I'd cranked it up to 20psi.

What I do have a problem with is the constant bickering between SFR and HR on several threads I come across on this board. My personal impression from reading these various posts is that John has a serious vendetta against Derrek, and tries to do anything he can to undermine HR's business. He frequently shares all sorts of proprietary details regarding where HR sources many of their products, in an effort to convince others to buy the same products directly from the source. I think that's a highly immoral thing to do. I certainly don't think that HR is free of blame either, but I'm just getting really sick of this crap. Why don't you guys try to act like adults? I know you used to be colleagues, and now you're competitors, so I understand that there's some friction going on. Just try to remember that we're all intelligent people reading this, and we understand very well what's going on. You're both making yourselves look somewhat unprofessional here.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:06 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree 100%.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:14 PM
Dave@Work
Intermediate

I've almost posted this a few times, I'm glad someone finally did. Unprofessional is the nicest way to describe it.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Matt 86 951
Intermediate

Agreed.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:38 PM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

I also agree
Old 03-07-2002, 09:41 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Totally agree that it should end, no comment on who's attacking who..just think that it should end.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:45 PM
aka 951
Pro

Yup
Old 03-07-2002, 10:29 PM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

I agree, Arguing sucks @$$! Maybee the two should shake hands, make amends, and do a joint venture, like a 968 SC for my car
Old 03-07-2002, 10:32 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

I can't see it ending reasonaly because niether company will go out of business. Both are such great companies with strong followings. I think the competetive "hey lets dyno" additude is great. But it has to remain completely professional, which I think Derrek, Tim, and John have done a great job with. Good luck to all three of you on all your projects and keep up the great work.

btw. We wouldn't mind seeing you guys compete over the lowest prices
Old 03-07-2002, 10:57 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bravo Ian...I agree! I quit reading any post that said HR vs SFR a few months back.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:07 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Agree with Luke,
Lets compete over lowest prices
Old 03-08-2002, 12:22 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Luke, I'll say one thing about you I've been meaning to say...!

You aint afraid to go against the status qoe..!

Cheers to you for that, this isn't the first thread where when I'm scroling down the post, and thinking what to write, there you are, beat me to it.
Excellent...
Wouldn't ya know, look who's next.

Dan, you devil....!

Let the games begin....!
Competition can only help end users.
And to roughly quote John, "It's important that people know we (Derrik) have a mutual respect"
Hey, no worries in my book, trumpets sound, get the dyno ready, and Let get it on....
Old 03-08-2002, 12:37 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

You're my Derrek, or I'm your Derrek. Something like that! Thanks
Old 03-08-2002, 10:33 AM
howie
Instructor

I've also thought about writting this post. I also have several thousand invested in Huntley equipment that I am also very happy with. Compitition is good, it brings better products to market but this is no place for ventors to bicker.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:59 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Agreed, there are some bitter feelings. Let me ask a question, when is it ok to speak up on the list then? Lets say HR posts something that is an outright lie, in a comparsion of their product VS our? Why is it considered bickering on SFR's side if we correct it, and correct it with Tele numbers, MFG names etc etc?

Lets Say I post a thread, lets see....SFR has the only SC kit that will creat posotive pressure at 3000 rpm. If Derrek posts back to the l;ist and corrects us...is he bickering?

Look up the the threads guys...go the 968 board at 968.net...there was a whole thread on the SFR SC kit, look how derrek chimed in. THats not causing friction? I have no right to rebutt?

Derre told an outright verifiable lie about the ARCII and it capabilities...I creected it...I'm bickering?

If I said Tabor's car was a slug, and saw it get beat by my moms SUV in the quarter mile, would Tabor be expected to do nothing? Post nothing?

Yes, the crap has been slung. But do some research, its in the arcives...on the discussion boards as well as the mainlist, look up as much as you can...you'll find the majority of my posts to HR come after a a post from Derrek with "no names metioned" about our company but are soo obvious its pathetic.

So, should SFR wait for the boards ok, and only reply to a hit on us when its deemed ok by you guys?

I'll quit posting...no problem. Lets see if the jabs from Derrek fall off or continue. YOu have my word on this...I WILL NOT POST IN REBUTT TO ANYTHING DERREK SAYS< TRUTH OR LIE.

ok?

Take Care.

Quick Reply: HR versus SFR...let's end the mud-slinging!!