Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resurrecting Frankencar

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric_k
It shouldn't have anything to do with ABS because the valve should be on the line leaving the ABS pump and headed to the rear circuit, replacing the stock prop valve, if you will. It is a lot less plumbing if you route that line to the bias valve and just continue it to the rear. That is the way mine is setup (with ABS). Just trying to simplfy what he has going on.
Stock proportioning valve is pre-abs. So my setup comes off of the master, into the adjustable valve, and then back to the connection at the firewall that goes to the ABS unit.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 AM
Eric_k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I'm only familiar with the stock prop valve being screwed into the top of the ABS pump, in the line going out to the rear circuit. Must be different on different years.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:53 AM
MN
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You certainly have an interesting "shift ****".

Could you please tell us more about how this works. You slam on the rubber pad to shift? (Sorry if that is a silly question.)

MN
Attached Images  

Last edited by MN; 11-01-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

It shouldn't have anything to do with ABS because the valve should be on the line leaving the ABS pump and headed to the rear circuit, replacing the stock prop valve, if you will. It is a lot less plumbing if you route that line to the bias valve and just continue it to the rear. That is the way mine is setup (with ABS). Just trying to simplfy what he has going on.
Did you replace the stock valve with a new line running from the ABS pump to the rear through the car with the adjustable valve in-line?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Hmm, I'm only familiar with the stock prop valve being screwed into the top of the ABS pump, in the line going out to the rear circuit. Must be different on different years.
Sounds the same to me. There is normally a line that goes from the master cylinder to the firewall on the passenger side with a connection on the fire wall (pre abs pump). I removed that line and inserted the adjustable bias valve in the system. I then plan to remove the stock valve on the top of the pump.

Originally Posted by markusnolff
You certainly have an interesting "shift ****".

Could you please tell us more about how this works. You slam on the rubber pad to shift? (Sorry if that is a silly question.)

MN
The only strange thing in the pic is that the rubber boot is not on properly since I had to put the bolts for the valve through the tunnel wall.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Eric_k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke
Did you replace the stock valve with a new line running from the ABS pump to the rear through the car with the adjustable valve in-line?
Yes, exactly.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:34 PM
MN
Racer

How does the rubber boot work, what does it do?

MN
Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

How does the rubber boot work, what does it do?

MN

It's just the normal rubber boot that is on all 944s, it covers the opening above the tunnel and keeps fumes and debris from flying into the car. The boot is simply not pulled down over the tunnel in the picture.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Some pics with meatballs (or eightballs) added. Need to get some sponsor and contingency decals on and that's it, going to keep the graphics simple and pumpkin like

Old 11-03-2010, 01:04 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

nice! is that a kill switch in the top left of the hood?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 AM
MN
Racer

Very nice.

You wrote in a previous post, "[t]here are other issues [than headlamp mechanism] that need to be addressed as well. I will try to post those as well for those that might be interested."

Since I am also contemplating installing the 928motorsport supercharger in my 944 1986 NA (with 968 motor), I would be very interested in the issues you encountered and how you resolved them.

Thanks.

MN
Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
nice! is that a kill switch in the top left of the hood?
Yes.

Very nice.

You wrote in a previous post, "[t]here are other issues [than headlamp mechanism] that need to be addressed as well. I will try to post those as well for those that might be interested."

MN
I just looked through this entire thread and don't see where I stated that? Can you be specific with your question?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
MN
Racer

I should have been more precise - my mistake.

It was in the thread "968 Supercharger Kit Development", on page 52, were you wrote:

----------------------
Originally Posted by Carl Fausett
These guys that are installing our 968 kit on their 944S2 are almost all racers, so the headlamp mechanism is gone, and they dont mind a little drill and cut work here and there...

Agreed, although it can be done. In race mode (no lights and other non essentials) there is room after modification. There are other issues that need to be addressed as well. I will try to post those as well for those that might be interested.
----------------------

It would be greatly appreciated if you could let us know which issues you encountered and how you resolved them.

At page 39 in the above-mentioned thread, TF wrote:

"I have a modified 968 engine in a 1990 S2. First everything on the engine was just “plug & play” simple. But that’s where simple stopped I had to cut off the partition between the engine compartment and the filter area. ... But then the radiator had to move forward and lowered because the SC still wouldn’t fit, this also meant building clips to support the radiator and condenser."

Did you had also these issues?

Thanks

MN

Last edited by MN; 11-03-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

umm can't help but notice your location MN? not a very big town haha.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Did you had also these issues?
You can tell from my previous posts that this car really has everything removed from the front end, no lights or light motor mechanisms to deal with. Thus, I don't know the issue related to those things.

Really, I had very little trouble because the car is stripped. Since my car is a 944S it came with the smaller radiator. Since I wanted to run the larger 951/968 rad, I had to cut the lower radiator support and lower it by about 1.5". My other issues were related to running an IC setup. I do not see how you could easily do this on a street car, but on my stripped race car is was fairly simple and documented in this thread.

Last edited by Lemming; 11-03-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Resurrecting Frankencar