Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the NoVa area have a stock turbo dme and klr

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010 | 02:38 PM
Supachink
Racer

Default Anyone in the NoVa area have a stock turbo dme and klr

Hey guys, i was driving home from work the other day when the car sporadically cut out. It wouldnt start back up just crank and crank and crank. I've checked mostly what I've been able to using clarks and the search feature, but i am at a point where I need to test if its the actual DME that has gone out the window. Does anyone local to NoVa, DC, MD have a DME i could test out or even swap mine in to their car to see if its whats causing the no start? I'd like to test it out before buying another DME as they are rather expensive.

thanks
Greg
Old 05-30-2010 | 06:50 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Did you try wiggling the speed/reference sensors? And yes, "wiggling" is a technical term
Old 05-30-2010 | 09:55 PM
Supachink
Racer

yes, even cut the refernce sensor plug boot off and 'refreshed' the connector by cutting and resoldering and taping. i went ahead and orderd the lindsay harness for the injectors and the refernce sensors after seeing what the connections under the boot looked like. for now all those things are operating, im currently waitng on another computer to check things out.
Old 05-31-2010 | 10:40 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Im in Vienna right now. I can swing by and let you try mine. They're chipped but will start your car if the DME or KLR is the problem.
Old 05-31-2010 | 11:24 AM
Supachink
Racer

PM sent
Old 05-31-2010 | 01:27 PM
CPR
Race Director

Is this buddd's old car?
Old 05-31-2010 | 02:37 PM
supes6
Racer

didn't you buy it from that spyder guy? why not give him a call and see what's up, I mean he just rebuilt the engine didn't he?
Old 06-01-2010 | 08:06 AM
Supachink
Racer

Lets just say that my original assessment of Sypder being a 'stand-up-guy' was incorrect. after a few days he changed his number because I was asking him for some parts to get emissions done since he offered that he had multiple parts cars at the his house. Don't know if this was malicious in intent, but I did give him the benefit of the doubt and PM him on here with my phone number but I have yet to recieve a response. To make matters even worse, I found that my no start issue was not from the DME and KLR, but from a sheared wodruff key in the cam gear. So now im thinking that all of his work is probably shoddy and I probably have a bent valve or two. If anyone has any contact information for spyder that they could hook me up with that would be great. I have his address and everything from the registration, so I may take further legal actions if possible, but for now I'd just like to see if he may have a head and cam tower that he would so graciously like to part with for me.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the NoVa area have a stock turbo dme and klr