Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racers Edge arms overkill or not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hotshoe
I didn't take that as a negative at all. Don't think twice about it, I appreciate your input.

What year factory aluminum arms can be rebuilt? I ask because my driver's side arm appears to have the balljoint pressed in. There is no epoxy moisture barrier on the bottom of the arm. I'll have to post a pic and check the date stamp.

By the way, I called Racers Edge directly and they were very, very helpful and patient with all my questions. They seem to be a great, stand up company. I'll definitely be buying my camber plates from them as well. My concern comes from lowering the car and the amount of power it's going to have to handle. In addition, I plan on having a little fun at Sebring and that track is very punishing.
I have heard that the control ams on the 86's are the same, but I've also heard they are different. At hte very least, the 87 and up ones.

I've actually gotten to know Karl somewhat well over the past year or so. I did some engine work for him on a BMW he races. They absolutely are a stand up company. I posted something about that yesterday in the Turbo forum below.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 PM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 on Karl, he knows his onions.

Quick Reply: Racers Edge arms overkill or not?