Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An 88 951S goes off to the crusher or could be yours

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:18 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok Joka, it is tomorrow now....can I have my pics or what?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:00 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CPR
Joka,
Get me a pic of the radiator bolt #3 (lower), the underside of the torque tube 1.5" rear of the shifter, 1 rear tire lug nut (preferably #5, but any will do, a close up of the carpet fiber under the passenger seat, interior of the glove box, turbo bearings, #1 cylinder wall and #2 crank bearing.

Thank you for your help in these matters.
There ya go buddy...

Old 12-18-2009, 11:00 AM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys crack me up.

Robert has had my g50/52 tranny for about 2-3 weeks and it is done. I guess some parts are harder to get than others.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:39 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sprbxr
You guys crack me up.

Robert has had my g50/52 tranny for about 2-3 weeks and it is done. I guess some parts are harder to get than others.
When I first talked to them, they said if it were a 911 trans they would be more than happy, parts all day long, and upgrade options if parts are an issue... the 944 audi slushbox is a whole different animal... and with syncro prices where they have been a gear box build for a 944 / 951 could easily top the value of the car...
Old 12-18-2009, 11:42 AM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

That is true. crazy prices these days on that stuff.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
...or when the tail dragger board is a bit slow?

hey wait a minute .. i resemble that remark
Old 12-18-2009, 10:54 PM
CPR
Race Director

So where are we at with the car?

If at the breakers which one? I need a few small items.

Thanks for any insight....and Joka, I love you to....
Old 12-18-2009, 10:58 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CPR
So where are we at with the car?

If at the breakers which one? I need a few small items.

Thanks for any insight....and Joka, I love you to....
I am lead to believe or I could just be assuming, the car has been spoken for by a fellow lister who will make it known soon...

CPR... couldn't resist...sorry...
Old 12-18-2009, 11:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

man i can't believe I keep tuning in to see what is happening ... kind of like car-soap ..
Old 12-19-2009, 12:39 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by theiceman
man i can't believe I keep tuning in to see what is happening ... kind of like car-soap ..
I bet you just want to see another one bite the dust!

Or this is too much like a train wreck, you want to look away but can't help yourself?

Don't worry it happens to all of us... RL is like the TV in close encounters...... it just sucks you in....
Old 12-19-2009, 01:48 AM
flosho
Pro

If he is willing to take it to a junkyard for $3500, where it will be cut up and sold off and likely have many good parts be ruined. Why won't he just take the first serious offer over $3500?

I mean, personally, I'd rather sell a car to an enthusiast instead of a junkyard, but I guess if you're just in it for some cash, we can't ask for compassion. It's a shame really.

If a junk yard was gonna give me $3000 for a car, and someone came to check the car out and I felt they were authentic, I'd take a small loss to give the car a good home instead of crush it.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flosho
Why won't he just take the first serious offer over $3500?
Easy. He thinks he can get more, because it is worth more than that. Maybe not to you, but to someone who can do the math.

I mean, personally, I'd rather sell a car to an enthusiast instead of a junkyard, but I guess if you're just in it for some cash, we can't ask for compassion. It's a shame really.
A crying shame. No compassion for all those indigent 951S wannabees Boo hoo.

If a junk yard was gonna give me $3000 for a car, and someone came to check the car out and I felt they were authentic, I'd take a small loss to give the car a good home instead of crush it.
Awww... that's so sweet of you.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 AM
DANNiE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the boocauckie is still flowing in this Thread..?

Its sad to hear that the interjection of simple fact would draw such hate... I would think that these people are projecting what they really feel about themselves in this matter...

I believe that they are finding that their stories -scrap yard paying 3750- arent getting the car sold for what they "need" to get for the car...

"Serious sellers" would do the most to get the car sold regardless of the actual interest of a buyer...

Secondly I live in south florida and im sorry but this is car crush county where luxury cars are dime a dozen... So a car like a 944 any model just isnt going to yield 4K down here... hell my S2 was 2500 so please spare me your pitty junk yard buying lies... Matter fact the only way you would have gotten 4+K for that car was to have "Clunked" it..! Just like the one I saw Clunked in the junkyard yesterday... LoL Sounds to me someone is trying to make a commission on the sale of this car over whatever the junkyard is really willing to pay...

I think the only idiots here are the ones that would dare believe that your POS 944S is worth more than a 95 RX-7...
Old 12-19-2009, 11:30 AM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DANNiE

I think the only idiots here are the ones that would dare believe that your POS 944S is worth more than a 95 RX-7...
The car has been spoken for. There is no commission. The buyer is sending funds directly to the owner as soon as we can put the two parties in touch with each other. I have informed the buyer that we have contacted the owner and are awaiting his response.

DANNiE

You have confirmed my suspensions. BTW, it is a 951S not a 944S. Two different animals. You are entitled to your opinion. I just love how you have NO interest, ZERO, NONE, NADA in buying this car but love to add your 2 cents on the value of it. To you, it may not be worth $4k. To someone else it is worth that. Obviously, you have nothing better to do, so I will just thank you for bumping it to the top every time you make some asinine comment. Since you probably don't know what asinine means I will supply you with the definition so that you can add a BIG word to your limited vocabulary:

asˇiˇnine
Pronunciation: \ˈa-sə-ˌnīn\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin asininus, from asinus ***
Date: 15th century
1 : extremely or utterly foolish <an asinine excuse>
2 : of, relating to, or resembling an ***

I would like to apologize to the fellow list members for the need to respond in this manner. Thank you to all of the mature members for their input. My friend appreciates the response and I am happy this relatively rare car is getting a new lease on live without having its parts spread all over the country.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:39 PM
CPR
Race Director

Does that mean he is a foolish one?

OR does that mean he has donkey like attributes?

Just kiddin, lighten up guys...

Quick Reply: An 88 951S goes off to the crusher or could be yours