Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An 88 951S goes off to the crusher or could be yours

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:15 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprbxr
I still have some people that are NOT understanding what is happening here. Let me explain one more time:

1. This is NOT my car. DO NOT PM ME OFFERS.

2. There are two standing offers of close to $4k on it by two salvage yards. If you want to pay $2k, $2.5k, etc., you are less than what the salvage yards are willing to pay. The salvage yard is going to part it out so you have to know it is worth at least as much as they are willing to pay.

3. If you are going to call the number listed in the ad, you are wasting everyone's time if you are going to offer less than $4k.

4. Please don't PM me questions about the car (see #1).
I'm sorry Justin, really really sorry...
Old 12-13-2009, 08:24 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about your friend & wish you luck selling the car. This is what frienship is all about helping each other very rare these days.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:01 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
I'm sorry Justin, really really sorry...
Dude
I have no problem with you. It is the 90 other people who want to haggle with me via PMs.
I am probably coming off as an a'hole but it is a little frustrating when I have plainly stated the car is not mine, and I am still getting people offering $2k, $2.5k etc.
At this point, the sentimental value of the car is not as important as maximizing the return on the sale of the car. The final decision of the sales price rests in someone else's hands.
My sole responsibility was posting it on Rennlist b/c we thought this would be a good venue for serious potential buyers for a relatively rare car. Yes, it is not perfect but the price reflects the condition. I know of another Turbo S with no engine for sale recently that sold for $2500.

This car runs and drives for $4k.

In the end, whether it goes to an enthusiast or the salvage yard, makes no difference to me.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude
I have no problem with you. It is the 90 other people who want to haggle with me via PMs.
I am probably coming off as an a'hole but it is a little frustrating when I have plainly stated the car is not mine, and I am still getting people offering $2k, $2.5k etc.
At this point, the sentimental value of the car is not as important as maximizing the return on the sale of the car. The final decision of the sales price rests in someone else's hands.
My sole responsibility was posting it on Rennlist b/c we thought this would be a good venue for serious potential buyers for a relatively rare car. Yes, it is not perfect but the price reflects the condition. I know of another Turbo S with no engine for sale recently that sold for $2500.

This car runs and drives for $4k.

In the end, whether it goes to an enthusiast or the salvage yard, makes no difference to me.
Offering you $2k is an insult. Whoever did that is a complete fool.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marcquito
Offering you $2k is an insult. Whoever did that is a complete fool.
Fool or knave -- it makes no difference. It will only take two people who realise the value of what's on offer here, and are in a position to make an offer to ensure a fair price is realised. The rest are just wasting their (and everyone else's) time.

Personally, I always worry about entering into a high-dollar-value (or even a low one, for that matter) with a person with limited attention and/or reading comprehension abilities anyway. It's what 10 foot barge poles were made for. On ebay, if I get a really low-ball offer from someone on a "make an offer" item, I just whack them on my non-bidders list -- some people you just know are going to be a hassle in dealing with.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Hotshoe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Banshee
I coulden't agree more with some of the people here, although:

I would try if you can to rephrase hotshoe, after all having seen alot of threads now that are very similar to this one, the d bags posting aren't necessarily the teenagers. If you have proof to back it up that would be great, only mentioning this to defend myself and a few innocent other teenagers that i know of that have been caught in your generalization.
You are right. I apologize for saying "teenagers" because I'm sure it's not entirely their fault. I sometimes forget that many of the said d-bags are adults!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Exterior is LM3Z Silver Rose Metallic, Interior is LM3Z Burgundy multi-colored cloth.

I agree everyone is giving this guy such a hard time...and in turn could possibly be turning him away from a potential sale. Oh well tho, if it dies, mine is just that much more rare.

In all honesty, good luck with the sale and I hope someone decides to pick it up, for the car AND your friends sake.
I think you missed the point of my post LOL It wasnt to get the Color/ interior codes for the silver rose model
Old 12-15-2009, 03:06 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Hey CPR this is just a short drive to check out wanna head up there?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:52 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

The 24hr count-down has begun.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:59 PM
DANNiE
Instructor

I know junk yards and NONE will pay that kind of money for any car..! WILL NOT PAY THAT FOR IT..! I seen a tow guy get a 95 RX-7 for $300 which is by far a more valuable car than any 944...

so please someone lock this thread..! Because its all boocauckie...
Old 12-15-2009, 05:08 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DANNiE
I know junk yards and NONE will pay that kind of money for any car..! WILL NOT PAY THAT FOR IT..! I seen a tow guy get a 95 RX-7 for $300 which is by far a more valuable car than any 944...

You sir, are an idiot. When you SEEN your tow guy again, tell him he is an idiot too.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Angry

I realy think you should slow down man,I know what your trying to do ,help a friend in needs but no use starting calling people idiot because their reply is not what you want to hear, I suggest you move somewhere else.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:35 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ernie9468
I realy think you should slow down man,I know what your trying to do ,help a friend in needs but no use starting calling people idiot because their reply is not what you want to hear, I suggest you move somewhere else.
Ok. He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. He has added absolutely nothing to this thread. He has no interest in the car.
Comparing a Turbo S to a 95 RX7 is insane. I don't know the production numbers of either car but I would bet a year's salary there were 5 times as many 95 RX7's produced than Turbo S 944s.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DANNiE

You sir, are an idiot. When you SEEN your tow guy again, tell him he is an idiot too.
Originally Posted by ernie9468
sorry ernie, ive followed this thread and the pathetic boocauckie the op has been getting. i'm with the op on this one. truth is an absolute defense.

I also happen to have personal knowledge of the whereabouts of junk yards brother salvage yards, his mother front yards, dad back yards and sister side yards.

None of them know this guy DANNie who claims to be a friend of junk. Next thing you know i bet DANNiE is going to tell us he knows Jack Shyt. I bet he doesn't know Jack either.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

I'd say scrap it if the tow company will give you $4k...like others have said, I doubt this. It's probably just a tactic to keep low-ballers away...I know, I've used it before. "So and so will give me $xxxx so don't bother unless you will give me this much"

Best of luck.

Where's Lart on this one?.... I'd like to hear his opinion.

Quick Reply: An 88 951S goes off to the crusher or could be yours