Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Interested in a Southeast 944 gathering?
Yes! I will be there, rain or shine!
42.86%
Yes but I won't be able to make it. (too far or broken car!)
7.14%
Not sure until all the details (date/location/etc.) are set in stone.
42.86%
Hail naw!
7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

SOUTHEAST 944 GATHERING (ideas/planning thread)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have my kids that weekend. That may make 6 Mar difficult.
Clutch parts arrive today, so that will not be an issue.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 PM
pocket_rocket
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should do something like 944s on The Dragon.. That way its more central and I would drive down from PA to go.. 318 curves in 11 miles FTW.

www.tailofthedragon.com
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete - no problem, hopefully you can make it but if not, I understand! Remember though, this is an annual event

pocket_rocket - you know, after hearing many of the Tail of the Dragon stories, by friends and my own father, I have been just dying to head up there and experience it for myself. I know there have been a few 944 runs there in years past, but I have not seen anything recently. 2010 is going to be a busy year for my 944's, I am going to try and hit up 944fest in August in Ohio, and stuff like that, so I'm not sure if I'll get around to it this year... but it's a great idea for a possible future event.

The roads we will be driving on for the Southeast 944 Bash will be very curvy and fun as well, the absolute best in Central Florida. Not quite on par with the Tail of the Dragon roads, but still a blast to drive. If you would like to head down from PA, I have a friend with an S2 headed down from Washington DC area who would like a buddy to cruise down with..!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:24 AM
83 944
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Elliott,

i will only attend this meet if.....

i get my spoiler mounted and painted, my euro rear valance painted, shocks, struts/ lowering springs, windshield, speedo cable fixed, torsion bars reindexed, and fix some paint flaws on the body and buff and wax it.

so we to get to work. =D!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Sounds good Mike, get started on some stuff and I'll sit back and watch and uhhhh make sure you're doing it right...!

just kiddin, lets knock out some off this stuff on your list this weekend. PS don't forget to add... sand and repaint your wheels!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:36 AM
83 944
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

hahaha yeah thats right im the one who gets dirty and greasy not you haha. i get to have all the frustration, i mean fun! haha

yes i need to take off the chrome on those fuchs and repaint them gun metal! =]
Old 01-18-2010, 02:45 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Sounds like a good color for your wheels. I like the new avatar picture too! Looks a lot like my car from that angle

Last edited by drift a 944; 01-18-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Hey- I'm very interested in this! I think Orlando is only 100 miles - give or take - from St. Augustine! There's a possibility I could take my 944 if I can hurry and put the clutch back in! Quite frankly... the car may arrive in full primer, no carpet, and half early/half late offset! I hope that doesn't bother anyone! Project is HALF finished (as usual). Or I'll just take the 928...

This sounds fun though... count me in if one of the cars cooperate!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Marc - There will be others heading down from Jacksonville and St. Augustine as well if you are interested in cruising with others! If you could get the project car driving then I'd love to see it! Mike and I are very fond of your interior swap . If not, the 928S would be great as well! Hope you can make it!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Originally Posted by drift a 944
Marc - There will be others heading down from Jacksonville and St. Augustine as well if you are interested in cruising with others! If you could get the project car driving then I'd love to see it! Mike and I are very fond of your interior swap . If not, the 928S would be great as well! Hope you can make it!
Thanks, Elliott. Hopefully I won't run into any snags... I'd hate to take the beater Mercedes! I'd rather stand in the highway and hitchhike a ride from one of the other 'listers!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 PM
LUCKYJACKASS
Drifting

Elliot, I would be interested in attending an event the weekend of the 6th if you guys don't mind me showing up in a '72 Ranchero. My 951 is in Vegas, but I am planning a trip to Tampa that weekend and would like to hang out with some of the Florida Rennlisters and see some of their machines. At some point I may actually move back to the St Pete area, or somewhere else in Florida. My Ranchero is in St Pete as my transportation when I'm there for several days every other month, so it would be alittle out of place with all the P-cars.

On another note, if the 6th is the weekend you are shooting for, that is the last weekend of Bike Week in Daytona. The Honda 200 motorcycle race at Daytona is the 5th, the bike parade is the morning of the 7th, and the final weekend of Bike Week is always fun wherever you chose to go out. That may provide more entertainment for out-of towners...or it could present more conflicts, as hotels seem to be at a premium in the Daytona and Orlando areas during that week. Just a thought...

Definitely advise on when you are doing this as I'd like to try to make it, even without the right car!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Jeff - yep that's fine by me, just try not to park in the middle of the group would ya?! haha

I'm not sure exactly how many 'non porsche' vehicles will be tagging along, probably a couple, but there will be several more people and vehicles and/or race cars and such, meeting up with us at the final destination spot of our cruise route. They will be set up for us when we arrive in the group. If you wanted to meet up there, that's fine as well. Not discouraging you from doing the cruise, just making it an option! In either case I'd be glad to meet you and maybe even catch a glance at that ranchero

About Bike Week - thanks for pointing that out, I completely forgot that it was that time of year again! I don't think there will be too much conflict. If anything the people headed down southbound on I-95 from Jacksonville and other areas might run into some biker traffic, but I don't think it will be much of an issue. I will definitely let them know though, so that they plan to head out at the right time.

Quick Reply: SOUTHEAST 944 GATHERING (ideas/planning thread)