Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:32 PM
misnblu
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New here....

Thought I'd say hello to everybody as I just got a 1986 944 for 3 grand.
It's in excellent condition with the previous owner moving up to a 968 and taking care of this car for the next owner, me.
I"ve very happy with this car so far and have many restorational plans as well as some modifications too.

Here's some pictures of the car for all to see.

My favorite picture of the car and presently my wall paper.

A couple of engine shots showing off the huge 2.5 liter engine that is half of a V8 from the 928.

I'm really happy with this car and can't wait to put more time into it and get it like I want.
It's dirty in the wheel wells and to me that's a no-no in my books. The interior needs better cleaning too which in time will come.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the rigth place -misnblu -see you din't lose any time (Rennlist Member) Seem to be a very nice car you got yourselve,no int pics but till now look pretty clean.See you got the front spoiler sydrome both side stiking out but easy fixe if you got patience,motor & engine bay look very good to me.Do you have record of belts & waterpump maintenance, if not that will be your first do (ASAP) job.Happy Wrenching.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:20 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car, word on the rennlist membership.

That valence is interesting.

Welcome!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

welcome to the family !

Do indeed do the T-belt and waterpump if their last change are not within 3 years or 20,000 miles (better safe than sorry!).

Nice color by the way !
Old 11-23-2009, 11:03 PM
DanR
Drifting

welcome to the world of P cars!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 PM
misnblu
Rennlist Member

Sorry about the interior pics not being included.
This one shot was taken the day I got the car and only a night shot but you get the idea.

The previous owner has taken care of all the belts, hoses, and seals that would usually be worn by this time and replaced them recently.
He's on the Rennlist too but unsure of his username at this time.
It's been well taken care of and garage kept for the most part and it shows.

And it's the 8v 2.5 n/a model 944 for those saying something about the valence of the car. I removed the rubber bumper guards as I never have liked them on this model and like the look of the clean front end.
I cleaned up the bumper really good so that it would blend in with the rest of the car.

And Ernie, I'm not sure what you mean by the front spoiler syndrome of the car.. I thought they came like this from the factory with the little out turn of the front lip in front of the tires.

And I love wrenching as I've been doing just that for the past 30 years on various different cars I've owned.
I look forward to getting my hands deeper into this car as time goes on so that I can be familiar with the complete car.

I've been browsing around these forums for a few weeks now trying to get some information on the 944 and with all the research, thought that this would be an excellent buy for me.

I've already got the rear valence from the 951 model from a Cabriolet and ordered the throttle cam before the car was even purchased.

I only wish that they made a splitter similar to the turbo cars for mine but upon much searching, nothing available.

But I'm in no hurry either as I've got another project car that's been on jackstands for over a year now and almost ready for the street again.
Once the Steigmeier M45 comes in, I'll be working on that as well as engine rebuild with a 5 speed tranny swap too.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I've got alot of studying to do in the next few months.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats - looks like a nice car. Someone near me is selling a much-less nice, early car for $5k...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 PM
luftpirate
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Jbody.org reprezent! Why don't you post up some pics of that sweet Jbody too?!? Or should we not go there?

Lookout list' the Domestic Rice crew is taking over!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:35 AM
ernie9468
Drifting

Misblu the valance don't look rigth to me I'm saying this because it is coming out to much at the bottom, had that happen to me on my 944 but only on one side ,check if the braces at are still there,take a close look at any 944 NA doesn't matter early or late model and the valance is more tuck in,I'm incuding a pic so you can compare,what I think is that the owner started to modified the front bumper because the rubber moldings as been remove .

Last edited by ernie9468; 02-04-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:50 AM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I made the comment about the valence because its modified below the fog lights... unless im seeing things.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:39 AM
misnblu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by luftpirate
Yeah Jbody.org reprezent! Why don't you post up some pics of that sweet Jbody too?!? Or should we not go there?

Lookout list' the Domestic Rice crew is taking over!
JBO is my first real forums for me to join 10 years ago and I've been doing forums ever since.
Here's a few pics of the Z24 and I'll take the good with the bad comments as I'm used to it.

Those are Wilwood front with Neon SRT-4 disc conversion in the rear of the car.

And here's a video I made recently of the car.
It's an all around view of the car and should give everyone an idea of the work that's been done to the car. I've done everything on my own creating parts as I need to keep the car on progress to be a track car, one day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38WhiMyH_PI

Last but not least, me at the 1/8 mile track @ Mobile Dragway breaking my best of 9.323 in the 1/8.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AbXPGgaVh0

Ernie, I'll take a harder look at the front valance and try to see what you're describing. Looking at yours, it does seem to be different with alot less of the upturn to the corners in front of the tires that mine has.
I don't know if that's a bad thing or not but I'll definitely check into it to see.

Thanks for the warm welcome and now only need more time to read through all the information that is posted here.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:44 AM
ernie9468
Drifting

ritzblitz---- I agree with you & don't think your seeing things that valance was either mod or he got it somewhere problably fiberglass cause the OE one will be pretty hard to shape in such a way,it certainly make the car look different then a normal one. The only draw -back is that it leave quiet an opening between the top of it & the bumper.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 AM
ernie9468
Drifting

By the look of that Z24 the man seem to know what is doing when it come to mods car, leave him be sit down & wait for those 944 pics I,ll send us in a couple months.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:59 AM
misnblu
Rennlist Member

Now that you mention it, it is fiberglass, and thought that's how they came from the factory.
Hmmm, I never thought to ask about this but while I had the front bumper off of the car, I noticed that the lower front valance was fiberglass.
Either way, I'm going to keep it this way until I see something else that will make the car look better.

Thanks for the heads up people as I'm all new to this for now.
Thanks Ernie for the nice comments on my pride and joy Z24.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:08 PM
krystar
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting 1x1 driveway.....

Quick Reply: New here....