Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank YOU Cash For Clunkers (picknpull find)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 05:23 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 501 Posts

see if that crank can be polished lol
Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If they are using sodium silicate, it will eat the aluminum, so it's not just the #2 bearing. The engine is toast.

If you've ever got some "Wesley's Bleach White" on your aluminum wheels, you know what sodium silicate does to aluminum, and that's just a dilute solution.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM
elzergone
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marcquito
The auto holocaust as we know it.

Can anyone head to this pull a part and grab the front spindle/hub assemblies for me? That would be great!
The best I can do is tell you if its still there this weekend, I dont have the extra cash to grab all the parts

Originally Posted by robert944h
does it have blue carpet? If so how the condition?
Carpet was ok. A little worn in the usual places like around the hatch, but over all good. And yes it was blue.

If I can help anyone out I'd love to, I'm not trying to make money off it obviously I just would hate to see it go to waste.

Edit: a couple I missed.

Originally Posted by knfeparty
I could use the seat...mine is torn up.

I could use a sunroof liner (or really the whole sunroof) and also any of the roof upholestry...but it sounds like it was already messed up?
The sunroof seemed good, but the clearcoat was pretty bad on the outside.

Originally Posted by DANNiE

However the transmission is still Good..! Might wanna grab that since it has the 40% LSD and a nice gear ratio...

Does it Have a Batwing..? or a good Sunroof seal..?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the batwing is under the front lip extending back right? I didnt see for sure, but I did notice that it had the factory 'skid plate' that I dont see often. As for the sunroof seal, I dont know, I'll check

And the tranny is really one with lsd?? I didnt see that on the option codes, do all s2's have that?

Last edited by elzergone; 09-30-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

aos = no lsd
Old 09-30-2009, 08:08 PM
DANNiE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elzergone
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the batwing is under the front lip extending back right?

And the tranny is really one with lsd?? I didnt see that on the option codes, do all s2's have that?
Yes the Batwing is under the front bumper... My S2 came with LSD... the 5th gear is shorter too which some on the forum wouldnt mind having for their race transmissions...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Really? Why is "fu*k" needed in the title?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:43 PM
elzergone
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Didnt mean to offend anyone, my apologies and edited.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

The link where the 2008 car was traded in could not be true I work in a dealer and if the value of the car was more then 4500 then it was traded we are there to make money and the C4C was not a good payout Yes it could qualify but if you can get 7800 for a trade why just get 4500??? I know at my dealer we had someone cluck out a 740 il bimmer for a corolla !!!!

Any direct question pertaining to the C4C PM me I was doing the paper work day in and day out and I can give you details.

FYI the engine and tranny IS NOT ALLOWED for purchase you will and the yard will be fined 1 million buck for getting either they both have to be destroyed!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:21 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

One of my neighbors manages several NOLA new car dealerships. He mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that many people came in and attempted to Cash for Clunker cars with Blue Book higher than what the program would give to them. They tried to talk them out of it but there were some that were too stupid to understand the concept. All they were looking for was "free money" towards another car and not the value of what they already had.

By the way, he also mentioned that car sales are in the crapper right now and it's directly related to CARS. It's a falacy to think that CARS increased the economy when so many of those that were bought will:

-have been bought sometime soon regardless of the program or not

-many were bought by people with questionable ability to pay for the car full term aka not a great credit score

-helped the economy longterm because dealers now have inventory they cannot move

etc etc etc.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

/\ bingo!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:29 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 501 Posts

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
FYI the engine and tranny IS NOT ALLOWED for purchase you will and the yard will be fined 1 million buck for getting either they both have to be destroyed!!!!!
might have to make a midnight trans stealing run
Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Tifo, with respect, as much as I like to keep the forums clean... I think this is one case where I'd gladly cuss my tongue dry. F*k the f*kers that kill decent cars for a couple bucks.

To get that S2 tranny just put steel wool to the pink paint, or just take silver spray paint in with you...?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:58 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Tifo, with respect, as much as I like to keep the forums clean... I think this is one case where I'd gladly cuss my tongue dry. F*k the f*kers that kill decent cars for a couple bucks.
It just doesn't belong in the thread title. It's one thing to do it deep in a thread, but after all this forum is supposed to be "clean" and to one logging on and looking at the thread titles, that just doesn't look good. That's all............
Old 10-01-2009, 05:39 PM
DANNiE
Instructor

At a U-Pull-It type junkyard you can pull the transmission and they dont know or care what car it came out of... the one i go to its $150 for any transmission in the yard... NO MATTER WHAT..! So to get the S2 trans for that price would be a steel...
Old 10-02-2009, 12:23 AM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No pick and pulls around here. The goddam junkyards are thieves in my province.

Quick Reply: Thank YOU Cash For Clunkers (picknpull find)